I've honestly never been interested in love or dating...

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 11:24 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I've never done weed but I love my video games. Especially ones where I can get lost in my own little fantasy world. :heart:

But i detest the idea of online gaming. I'm not masochistic enough to want to deal with a bunch of immature punks trolling and making death threats at each other. :lol:

Online gaming is really poor quality from my experience. Not only because of the issues you mention, but also because of lag that affects most games, even when using good internet.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2022, 12:45 am

I have somewhat of a different problem.

How many children are listening to classical music and opera at a very young ago (like 9 or 10?)

How many teens or young adults were actually bullied by parents for even thinking about having a relationship with a girl or a young woman? (And the bullying got physically violent at times?)

How many people my age (I turned 65 thes past September) spend money via credit card (and end up having back debts sent to collections), just to allay the loneliness and isolation on stuff you don’t really need (and get castigated and despised by family for doing such?)

How many people who are crying out for help via their behaviors, only to be told by family to “stop being a fairy” and “suck it up, buttercup!”?

How many get the advice given by Louis B. Mayer, former head of Metro Goldwyn Mayer, to wit “Anyone who sees a psychologist or psychiatrist ought to have their head examined!! !”

I have, (and still do) suffer these issues! Quite frankly, I don’t know what do do anymore! I’m about to have my checking and savings account frozen to satisfy a credit card debt that was sent to a debt collector which has laid dormant for over 10 years. The original creditor no longer has that account in their files, nor have any record of my account in their archives, even after the debt collector, when I asked for validation of the debt, sends me back to the creditor for validation, of which the creditor has no information when they search by account number or my social security number. Since the debt collector is based in Texas, i’ve filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission’s CRFB, the Commonwealth of PA’s Attorney General, the State of Texas Attorney General, and the Attorney General of South Dakota. Essentially, with the exception of the State of Texas, everyone has been playing “pass the buck.” Even with the State of Texas, I had a contractor for the Texas Attorney General that does investigations (or so they say), working on the case (supposedly at no cost to me) to come to some sort of prosecution and remuneration. I do know that this debt is past the statute of limitation for collection here in PA, as well as Texas. Further, since I’m on SSDI, this debt collector can’t touch those funds. Bad thing is when I called the debt collector, with the investigator listening and recording on a three way call, I forgot to mention this to the debt collector, since PA required one to tell the caller up front that you are recording the conversation.

Needless to say, I have cortisol racing through my body, no thanks to PTSD. I also fear that I might be evicted from my apartment, for non-payment of rent, once my checking account is frozen. I’ve been putting delivered meals (via DoorDash), as well as medical equipment (such as sensors for my Continuous Glucose Monitor (since the sensors are only good for 10 days, and the transmitter is good for 90 days), plus, I have yet to complete the training with my endocrinologist for an insulin pump. To make matters worse, I had laser lithotripsy done back in October. The urologist wants his $1000.00 now, even though I have a payment plan worked out with him. (I asked his billing person about financial aid, just like I asked and received from UPMC hospital for their services, and they replied, quite nastily, “We’re not a hospital.”)

In short, I’m damned if I do, and damned if I don’t, so I’m just damned.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Dec 2022, 4:45 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I've never done weed but I love my video games. Especially ones where I can get lost in my own little fantasy world. :heart:

But i detest the idea of online gaming. I'm not masochistic enough to want to deal with a bunch of immature punks trolling and making death threats at each other. :lol:
Same here except my biggest reasons for NOT liking online gaming is that I like playing when I want to play & have a chance to & I want to play my own way. I hate playing a game when others need me to play & having to do what others need me to do in a game. I'm OCDish & redo missions a lot to get things rite or get things I need & I look up guides while playing. Online gaming has too much randomness for me & too much pressure to be good at the game so I don't get kicked out the group or get demoted or something. I play games to relax & kill time. Plus I do NOT want to have to spend real money to get ahead in a game. I much rather just spend real money 1ce by buying the game or :pirat: it & not spend any real money.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 9:48 pm

nick007 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

My boyfriend is a longtime player of online games. Different games vary in how easy or difficult it is to avoid the "immature punks trolling and making death threats at each other" and put together a team of reasonable people.

nick007 wrote:
Same here except my biggest reasons for NOT liking online gaming is that I like playing when I want to play & have a chance to & I want to play my own way. I hate playing a game when others need me to play & having to do what others need me to do in a game. I'm OCDish & redo missions a lot to get things rite or get things I need & I look up guides while playing. Online gaming has too much randomness for me & too much pressure to be good at the game so I don't get kicked out the group or get demoted or something. I play games to relax & kill time. Plus I do NOT want to have to spend real money to get ahead in a game.

In at least some massively-multiplayer online games, such as Forge of Empires, it is possible for a sufficiently-skilled player to do well without paying money, although paying money can help compensate for a lack of skill.

For the past several years, my boyfriend has played Forge of Empires and has been able to do well without paying any money. This requires strategic thinking.

As for some of the other factors you mention -- "playing a game when others need me to play & having to do what others need me to do in a game" -- these very factors, which you dislike, are among the reasons why massively-multiplayer online games can be (for some other people) an excellent way to make friends, at least for those people who are sufficiently committed to the game. More specifically, these factors can help build active comradeship, which is one of the foundations of friendship. If people can count on each other to work together toward common goals, or to help each other when needed, that's a big step forward toward making genuine and lasting friendships.

What I would like to see is a team-based online game that specifically encourages people to team up (i.e. form "clans," "guilds," etc.) with people who also live near them geographically, so that friendships formed via the game could more easily turn into real-life friendships as well.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 28 Dec 2022, 2:27 am, edited 10 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 10:49 pm

Sorry about that, Mudd. I was in a similar situation myself, though not quite as extreme as yours.

I got my paycheck garnished, and I had tax liens in the 80s and 90s.

I hope things get resolved in your favor.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 1:19 pm

Bit of a pessimistic view. There are examples of successful marriages, as well as amicable divorces. Even if you only have negative examples, rather than swear off relationships and children forever because of them, you could opt to use those examples of how you're Not going to live your life with your partner and hypothetical children and simply consciously choose to be and do better for yourself and them by avoiding the pitfalls of others' failures you've been privy to observing.

Nyx001
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2023, 12:57 am

[/quote]That may be why I HATED being single after my 1st relationship ended. She was the 1st person I ever really connected with & related to. I never had a large group of friends offline & lots of times no real offline friends & I find it very difficult to be myself around others offline. I need to be focusing on doing an activity like working or going to school & socializing is something I do if it's related to the activity or others are nice & want to chat with me about other stuff. However I have a high desire for companionship but on a deeper level & I can really only handle that from one person at a time. I have a high desire for physical affection but I need to be extremely comfortable with the person, I'm anti-affectionate with everyone else. I get clingy & needy when I have that one person in my life. I also can not handle living by myself. Living with a romantic partner seems like the way to achieve all that. I am misanthropic about the hew-mon species overall as a group but I can like & even love individuals if they are decent people who don't follow the herd & accept me. I know from experience that love is not required for me to form a relationship, that feeling can come after we get to know each other some & spend time together.

In some ways things would be a lot easier for me if I was never interested in romantic relationships. Getting one was a major struggle for me & maintaining one can be very stressful at times. As for as kids go, I have too many of my own issues to deal with & I feel like a parent sometimes with my romantic partners cuz my 1st & 3rd girlfriend had their various issues they're dealing with & I can barely handle that sometimes.[/quote]

This sounds a lot like me, minus maybe the clinginess/neediness (I don't think I am... I did ask an ex/friend who I consider to be very logical and isn't the type who would be afraid to offend me, and they said I'm not. Though I think everyone has a different idea of what that is) and wanting to live with a partner (have never done it and I'm not saying I never would, but the idea isn't highly appealing to me...). It's rare for me to connect with people. I don't crave sex or physical affection from anyone that I don't feel a deep connection with, but when I do, I am HIGHLY sexual and affectionate. But only with that one person. I've never been able to date more than one person at a time, even though I've been told that I should. I just don't get how people do that (and I don't mean just going out on a few dates with different people, but actively seeing them all over an extended period of time and often sleeping with them) as it's enough work with one person. I understand the concept of "don't put all your eggs in one basket" as things may not work out, so having more options supposedly prevents investing too much in one person and ending up disappointed. But also, the way I see it is that relationships are unpredictable and may not work out regardless of how many people you date and who choose to be with, so if I choose to date (which I haven't done in a few years) why not do things in the manner in which I feel the most comfortable? Have I wished that I didn't desire a romantic relationship? Oh most definitely. Would I change this aspect of myself? No.

I also feel the same way about most humans, and strongly dislike being in public, but I absolutely love my select group of friends, most of whom I have known for a long time. I don't make friends often but when I do, they tend to be lifelong.

No desire to have kids either. Not because I hate kids (as many people like to say... but I was a nanny for years and I get along great with kids) or because I think I wouldn't be a good parent, but I just have never felt that urge. Yes, I do have other reasons as well (a medical condition that could make it unsafe. Hence one reason I got myself fixed haha), and when I've stated that I've gotten the "Aww that's too bad..." responses. Most people don't seem to get the concept of "I just don't feel like it" and they think you need to have some great excuse as to why you don't want to procreate. I've known this for a long time and have been told I'll change my mind as I get older. Well, I've been well into the years that I'm supposed to be going baby crazy, and NOPE.

Last edited by Nyx001 on 08 Jan 2023, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nyx001
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2023, 1:11 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Bit of a pessimistic view. There are examples of successful marriages, as well as amicable divorces. Even if you only have negative examples, rather than swear off relationships and children forever because of them, you could opt to use those examples of how you're Not going to live your life with your partner and hypothetical children and simply consciously choose to be and do better for yourself and them by avoiding the pitfalls of others' failures you've been privy to observing.

To me, it represents very black-and-white thinking

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 3:58 am

MuddRM wrote:
I’m on SSDI,
[...]
I’ve been putting delivered meals (via DoorDash), as well as medical equipment (such as sensors for my Continuous Glucose Monitor (since the sensors are only good for 10 days, and the transmitter is good for 90 days), plus, I have yet to complete the training with my endocrinologist for an insulin pump. To make matters worse, I had laser lithotripsy done back in October. The urologist wants his $1000.00 now, even though I have a payment plan worked out with him. (I asked his billing person about financial aid, just like I asked and received from UPMC hospital for their services, and they replied, quite nastily, “We’re not a hospital.”)

Do you not have Medicaid, or is Medicaid refusing to pay for this for some reason?

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2023, 12:58 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Or marriage.

And its not really that I'm asexual or anything though I am still a virgin by choice at 32 years old. Maybe I became too cynical about romance from an early age?

I've yet to see a single relationship or marriage in my life that did not fall apart with a lot of drama. And i've seen the way couples hurt their own children every time they break up without caring about the psychological harm it does when they turn their own children against each other. That's pretty much why I vowed to never bring a child into this world because I still rememberball the pain I felt during my mom's divorces and I'm having to relieve it all over again with my brother and his ex wife and the drama they have dragged my niece through.

I'll never fall in love or get married because I simply don't want to. I guess that's sorta how I know I'm a total misanthrope deep down. :P

Being single is not so bad & has its own benefits versus being tethered to another.

Most relationships do fail I think, by number/percentage measures. But hey, that doesn't stop most people from buying into the hope of a starry eyed love story.

I aint gonna lie the only starry eyed love I feel anymore is for material things. :lol:

I'm not a romantic idealist either. I share your cynicism.

I feel being a romantic idealist has destroyed my ability to ever date or even my ability to keep friends. I form an ultra idealized version of them and then get disappointed when they don't live up to it. Which is not fair, as i don't really hold myself to the same strict standards :?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

11 Mar 2023, 5:30 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Or marriage.

And its not really that I'm asexual or anything though I am still a virgin by choice at 32 years old. Maybe I became too cynical about romance from an early age?

I've yet to see a single relationship or marriage in my life that did not fall apart with a lot of drama. And i've seen the way couples hurt their own children every time they break up without caring about the psychological harm it does when they turn their own children against each other. That's pretty much why I vowed to never bring a child into this world because I still rememberball the pain I felt during my mom's divorces and I'm having to relieve it all over again with my brother and his ex wife and the drama they have dragged my niece through.

I'll never fall in love or get married because I simply don't want to. I guess that's sorta how I know I'm a total misanthrope deep down. :P

Props to you.

Most people will not realize the full extent of what itll be like to have kids before they decide, and many will not even consider that the child needs 2 stable parents, people will want to just propagate their ancestors "expectations" and the reasons come from an external point not internal. Emotions, instincts, peer pressure, false agendas about the meaning of life and purpose, false feelings of purpose, and depersonalized purpose copied and learned from the others.

We live in a world where there is an illusion of evolution, as technology advances, the brain naturally does not, the beast is within. That's why there is a duty to control the beast and not to breed like animals without logically giving it considerations about the meaning of life.

Life is an unfair suffering farm, bringing children into it is a most inconsiderate, selfish and misguided act for which people cannot be held responsible to the full extent of the situation or taken seriously for. It's unfortunate but humanity is enslaved by its own downsides and blindness. But besides that, it produces quantity and lack of quality and it seems like it'll go on for a long time. But, that ends with us, and with me and my Pepe Skunk. Logic is deeply satisfying and enough. That is why it works so well.

In Matrix the movie, humans are better compared to a Virus, it breeds unalike any other mammal. It's just humanity. "Humanity is a disease. " - Pepe le Skunk, or Papi the Black Pepper

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 5:37 am

Rexi wrote:
Life is an unfair suffering farm, bringing children into it is a most inconsiderate, selfish and misguided act for which people cannot be held responsible to the full extent of the situation or taken seriously for. It's unfortunate but humanity is enslaved by its own downsides and blindness. But besides that, it produces quantity and lack of quality and it seems like it'll go on for a long time. But, that ends with us, and with me and my Pepe Skunk. Logic is deeply satisfying and enough. That is why it works so well.

Well, hang on.
Now that I have a young chicky-babe, I think I might like a litter or two. :mrgreen:

JOKE!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

11 Mar 2023, 5:45 am

Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:

Well, hang on.
Now that I have a young chicky-babe, I think I might like a litter or two. :mrgreen:

Season me like chicke, darling. :farao: :flower: :sunny: :mrgreen:

I would like a litter of skunklets too. Scaley ones. :P Arma-dill-o = pepper skunk + dino

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 1:34 pm

Love is an overused word.
People love burritos, movies, cars, money etc..So saying you love something doesn't really mean much.
Cherish would be a better word.
I don’t date because there isn’t anyone around here interesting and I doubt anyone could put up with me.
It seems like too much trouble really.
Then you get their family, and they might be crazy.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 8:03 pm

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:

Well, hang on.

Season me like chicke, darling. :farao: :flower: :sunny: :mrgreen:

I would like a litter of skunklets too. Scaley ones. :P Arma-dill-o = pepper skunk + dino

They would be handsome devils. 8)

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 11:13 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Love is an overused word.
People love burritos, movies, cars, money etc..So saying you love something doesn't really mean much.
Cherish would be a better word.
I don’t date because there isn’t anyone around here interesting and I doubt anyone could put up with me.
It seems like too much trouble really.
Then you get their family, and they might be crazy.

Family is super important. Not to mention some families have strong control over their members. It increases the chances of variations of crazy. I've noticed the more people there are, the chances increase for toxic people to be in the crowd. I mean, I can't handle normal, so that's that.

Or you get 'lucky' and win the whole "jack-pot."

Putting up with me was often the most important thing because it warrants long-term success.

Lol I find everyone interesting in their own way.
I'm not surprised if that was one of the things that compelled me to date so much in the past. I also like soft things but can also enjoy fun 24\7. Though sometimes it's good to just lay in bed with my bae, not be pressured to withold a climb on Everest daily to show off to their family. I'm really not at all about looking something to others but feeling to myself. Boredom is an exception to my life. I can have the best fun doing nothing which helps me recover and prevents build-up.

I'm glad you have decided to not date if you don't like the person. Some people do that but it's a mistake.

Maybe it comes down to having a special interest in people or not so much. Must be truly boring being on WP. xD

Last edited by Rexi on 12 Mar 2023, 12:39 am, edited 6 times in total.