I've honestly never been interested in love or dating...

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

11 Mar 2023, 11:16 pm

Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Life is an unfair suffering farm, bringing children into it is a most inconsiderate, selfish and misguided act for which people cannot be held responsible to the full extent of the situation or taken seriously for. It's unfortunate but humanity is enslaved by its own downsides and blindness. But besides that, it produces quantity and lack of quality and it seems like it'll go on for a long time. But, that ends with us, and with me and my Pepe Skunk. Logic is deeply satisfying and enough. That is why it works so well.

Well, hang on.
Now that I have a young chicky-babe, I think I might like a litter or two. :mrgreen:

Season me like chicke, darling. :farao: :flower: :sunny: :mrgreen:

I would like a litter of skunklets too. Scaley ones. :P Arma-dill-o = pepper skunk + dino

They would be handsome devils. 8)

They must take after somebody. :P :heart:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

12 Mar 2023, 12:31 am

We have to take into account when deciding the morality of the consent of the child for being born. Such morality decision is not possible, can't ask the child that. They get dragged into a life they didn't ask for, they might not have what the other kids have, they might be struggling with disease or mental health issues. All these and the rest of the responsibilities and pains are not simply on the parent, the child has to live through them too. If the child comes into a toxic family, it's a lot more suffering than joy that will spread along the lifetime due to psychological childhood traps. Executive dysfunction makes handling life 100 times harder. And autism sensitivities from the genes.

Temperatures, most of the time our body lives in either too hot or too cold conditions. Seasonal colds, always keeping weight and allergies under control, making due with lacks and stressing about the ability to pay for food and rent for tomorrow. Life is centered on downsides, inconvenience and a collection of losses, friends and dear ones being lost along the lifetime, it takes turning a blind eye not to realize.

"Be optimistic, about reality." If you are to accept that reality, the control the politicians have over our minds, bodies, finances, you can hope for better but if you think about it you will see much better is actually impossible. "Evolution" - the mind doesn't, the world cannot be changed. Wars, corruption keep on happening. We cannot hope to be transfered into robots because of the downsides of living in the flesh. The only reason to be optimistic is because it truly is really hard. To which I say: be optimistic - for yourself.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 3:26 am

Rexi wrote:
We have to take into account when deciding the morality of the consent of the child for being born. Such morality decision is not possible, can't ask the child that. They get dragged into a life they didn't ask for, they might not have what the other kids have, they might be struggling with disease or mental health issues.

Well, SOME ppl think we can make a choice even without a brain. <snicker>

Rexi wrote:
Temperatures, most of the time our body lives in either too hot or too cold conditions. Seasonal colds, always keeping weight and allergies under control, making due with lacks and stressing about the ability to pay for food and rent for tomorrow. Life is centered on downsides, inconvenience and a collection of losses, friends and dear ones being lost over the lifetime, it takes turning a blind eye not to realize.

Well, I will get the snip and you sew up whatever dinosaurs have. 8)

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 1:49 pm

If you can make a conscious choice to not be interested in love or dating, or receiving validation from the opposite sex, MORE POWER TO YOU!

I wish I could have been like that. It would have saved me much stress, angst, depression, self-loathing, and feelings of worthlessness that went with the whole dating scene and rejection. Yes, I might have missed out on a few good experiences, but I wish I could experience the joy that comes with female validation from some other source instead.

I do remember trying to consciously give up on women and interest in them, I just was never able to.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2023, 8:55 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
MuddRM wrote:
I’m on SSDI,
[...]
I’ve been putting delivered meals (via DoorDash), as well as medical equipment (such as sensors for my Continuous Glucose Monitor (since the sensors are only good for 10 days, and the transmitter is good for 90 days), plus, I have yet to complete the training with my endocrinologist for an insulin pump. To make matters worse, I had laser lithotripsy done back in October. The urologist wants his $1000.00 now, even though I have a payment plan worked out with him. (I asked his billing person about financial aid, just like I asked and received from UPMC hospital for their services, and they replied, quite nastily, “We’re not a hospital.”)

Do you not have Medicaid, or is Medicaid refusing to pay for this for some reason?

While I have Medicaid, in addition to Medicare, the only thing Medicaid will pay is my Medicare Part B Premium.

I now have switched over to PA Senior LIFE program, which is designed to keep the elderly in their homes and out of assisted living or nursing homes. However, I just got a notice in the mail that Medicaid wil no longer pay my part B Medicare Premium, since the state has determined I make too much money.

I went with this program since I would no longer have copays on medical visits, (since I’m looking at dialysis in the near future), prescriptions, and medically necessary equipment and hardware/software.

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2023, 12:53 pm

I come from a good home with loving parents and haven't seen many relationships fall apart, but I've still never really felt the urge. Guess it's just not for me. Like I can recognise when a guy is attractive in general, but rarely are they attractive to me personally (or girls for that matter)

I've had guys interested and gave them a chance but I get angsty when people wanna be with me all the time so I had to break up shortly after. (They were both cool though, I hope they found someone else)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 5:30 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I *had* an interest in it through my teens and twenties, and finding out really that being different - in any way, shape or form - makes one permanently unrelatable,

It makes you "permanently unrelatable" except to fellow freaks. Fortunately, I learned early that I needed to seek out fellow freaks.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
even incapable of the kinds of social support needed to be a parent,

That, IMO, requires not just a few fellow freaks, but a full-fledged organized subculture that you can belong to, if you don't fit in with the social mainstream.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Political fundamentalism can't be the answer, weed and videogames can't be the answer either.

... except insofar as these things can foster well-organized subcultures. But there are also other, better, foci for organized subcultures.

Thus far 'fellow freaks' hasn't been an available option.

Why not?

I would hazard a guess it's because you don't live close enough to a major city?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 11:29 am

Children manipulate parents against one another, and having a little girl will make it easier for couples to break up, in a surveillance taken in China.

Most people wish for an ever after happy relationship, but some feel like the family/couple is not entire until there is a kid. Then they surely feel that even less when there is a divorce, and the kid will too.

According to a study conducted by wf-lawyers.com, about 50% of marriages in the United States end in divorce. Of those divorces, about 80% are initiated by women. That 50% figure is often cited and is likely to be on the high side, but it is illuminating that 80% of divorces are filed by the wife. :o

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 12:48 pm

There's an "I don't want children" thread where interesting ideas were shared

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=411914

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 1:57 pm

Rexi wrote:
it is illuminating that 80% of divorces are filed by the wife

This is more to do with unbalanced family law in the West. If divorce were as legally painful for women as it is for men, I suspect that statistic would reverse in short order.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 3:39 pm

Mikah wrote:
Rexi wrote:
it is illuminating that 80% of divorces are filed by the wife

This is more to do with unbalanced family law in the West. If divorce were as legally painful for women as it is for men, I suspect that statistic would reverse in short order.

How unfair society is. And more often women get thrown the babies onto, but for some reason that gives the women a feeling of winning.