Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 4:47 am

What are your thoughts on that, and the other games Konami announced at a showcase around 2 months ago?

The one called f looks good. But I need to see some gameplay as well, and not just the nice graphics.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 6:49 pm

I loved Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 (Silent Hill 4 is seriously underrated!). Never got very far in Silent Hill 1 unfortunately. Origins seemed ok but I thought Homecoming was total garbage. Downpour wasn't that bad but I never got very far on it...

Anyways I thought Konami pretty much abandoned this franchise but im glad they are trying again. I hope this remake of SH2 is at least a decent horror game even if it doesn't live up to the original Silent Hill 2.

I think they could take lessons from Capcom's remake of Resident Evil 2.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm

I'm just a bit concerned that they are slapping the name on to these games, because much like RE from Capcom, people will buy them because of the popularity, and because it's their favourite series, or whatever. Also due to the fact it's been over a decade with no new game.

Konami will surely know this too, as fans have been clamouring for the return of the series for a long time. But I don't want them to play up on this, because they think we will take anything.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 2:17 pm

One thing I hope they'll include in this remake is the Born From A Wish prequel level where you got to play as Maria for a short amount of time and see the horrors of the town from her point of view.

https://youtu.be/NlQN5771Z6E

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 4:52 am

Yeah. It would probably be included.