Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 10:15 pm

Astrid: Season 2 of Hit French Mystery Series Gets US-Canada Premiere Date

Quote:
Fans of Astrid, rejoice! This sleeper hit French mystery series is returning to the US and Canada with its second season next month.

Astrid: Season 2 premieres in the US and Canada on Friday, January 20, exclusively on the PBS Masterpiece Prime Video Channel and the Walter Presents digital channels.

For viewers who may not be familiar with this awesome series, Astrid (known as Astrid et Raphaëlle in France) is a police procedural/mystery series that stars Sara Mortensen (Perfect Crimes, The Art of Crime) and Lola Dewaere (Fear by the Lake, Bright-Eyed Revenge) in the lead roles. Mortensen plays Astrid Nielsen, a single woman on the autism spectrum with Asperger’s syndrome, who works as an archivist in the police’s criminal records department. Dewaere plays Raphaëlle Coste, a police commander and single mum.

Some folks think Astrid is like Saga Norén, the Swedish cop in The Bridge (or Elise Wasserman in the show’s British-French version The Tunnel), and it’s understandable (although autism is implied rather than stated in The Bridge). But Astrid would likely give them a litany of reasons for why it’s both an apt comparison and an imprecise one. The two characters have many similarities but also a number of differences, the more notable ones being Astrid isn’t a police officer (although she is authorized!) and she doesn’t like being touched. Nor does she drive (a Porsche or any other vehicle). Astrid does, though, love puzzles and work on investigations by way of her job in criminal records — the latter coming about after she helps Raphaëlle solve a complex triple-murder case (in the pilot episode). Ditto cases involving a haunted house, a drowning that occurred nowhere near a source of water (or other liquid), and the corpse of a young man who was actually 80 years old.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2023, 6:10 pm

We've been enjoying it.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:34 am

going to look for this, had never heard of it. I love a good mystery!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm

autisticelders wrote:
going to look for this, had never heard of it. I love a good mystery!
Try PBS.