Busloads of migrants dropped off at Kamala Harris home

Page 1 of 10 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 1:20 pm

Busloads of migrants dropped off at vice president’s DC home on Christmas Eve

Quote:
Multiple busloads of migrants were dropped off at Vice President Harris’s residence in Washington, D.C. on Saturday — Christmas Eve — leaving migrants on the streets in below-freezing temperatures, according to multiple reports.

Three busloads of migrants were driven to D.C., ABC 7 reported, and arrived outside the Naval Observatory, which is the vice president’s residence. The migrants were later taken to a church by the Migrant Solidarity Mutual Aid Network, a local aid group.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) was responsible for Saturday’s incident, according to ABC 7 and Fox News, marking the latest episode in a months-long effort by the governor to send migrants to Democratic-run cities as a way to encourage the Biden administration to take steps to control immigration in the U.S.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 7:14 pm

I'm curious why Abbott isn't arrested over these stunts?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 8:13 pm

uhm.. why did nt she call out the national guard and immediately put military style instant housing . and call out K P services from military and care for them ...Or does her familys relgious practices prevent that. ?? am sorry on my spreculation here . But this country was founded on Christian values .. Hint..Hint it is the Christmas season.
Or did something major change while I was asleep . Like everyone else but if I have no reason to be distrustful of a
stranger . Might ??? consider giving them ther benefit of the doubt. If i could afford to ? Think Kamela and family might be affluent enough to be charitable .. But then again would actually. expect for ex president Trump to do the same ! :roll: Till people could get settled .

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 9:35 pm

Quote:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 9:55 pm

Jakki wrote:
uhm.. why did nt she call out the national guard and immediately put military style instant housing . and call out K P services from military and care for them ...Or does her familys relgious practices prevent that. ?? am sorry on my spreculation here . But this country was founded on Christian values .. Hint..Hint it is the Christmas season.
Or did something major change while I was asleep . Like everyone else but if I have no reason to be distrustful of a
stranger . Might ??? consider giving them ther benefit of the doubt. If i could afford to ? Think Kamela and family might be affluent enough to be charitable .. But then again would actually. expect for ex president Trump to do the same ! :roll: Till people could get settled .

As vice-president, she doesn't have the authority to mobilize the National guard. VP's have no real governmental authority.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 9:57 pm

I mean throwing vulnerable people wearing nothing but t-shirts into an area that is - 45 F. If any of them died of hypothermia then isn't Abbott culpable for murder?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 9:58 pm

I would say that American politics has become a circus and all our politicians are now circus clowns riding on the backs of elephants and donkeys.

...all while this big red white and blue circus tent burns down around the audience.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 10:01 pm

Pepe wrote:
Quote:

You think that's funny? How would you like it if it was your mother or sister being thrown in freezing condition without any warm clothes.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 10:18 pm

keepimg things in context . (see definition of Irony)

where ever you go ,there you are

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 10:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:

You think that's funny? How would you like it if it was your mother or sister being thrown in freezing condition without any warm clothes.

You're quick to condemn. Where else should they go? Have you seen the state of the migrant crisis in Texas? Do you think it's not cold in Texas, right now? How would you feel if you lived in a border town and watched a steady stream of strangers walk past your daughter's bedroom window, all hours of the day and night? How much more do you think Texas can handle? Do you think these migrants aren't getting desperate? The more desperate they get, the more they will be inclined to do whatever it takes to meet their most basic needs. If they aren't in DC's lap, DC will not help.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 11:09 pm

In Australia we would call this using vulnerable desperate people as "political footballs".

I would still pose the question would you be happy of somebody in your family was humiliated and treated this way?

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 11:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I'm curious why Abbott isn't arrested over these stunts?

Obtuse...

Texas is being OVERRUN, how can you not get this? I'm super glad you live in a world where everyone skips to mylou, there's plenty of space, food, housing for millions of people showing up in a relatively short span of time. We don't, the only way our crooked administration might help is they're forced to personally deal with what they've created.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 11:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
In Australia we would call this using vulnerable desperate people as "political footballs".

I would still pose the question would you be happy of somebody in your family was humiliated and treated this way?

In my family we don't show up unannounced or uninvited, in fact we probably wouldn't show up even if we were.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 11:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:

The "funny" part is the consequences on Kackling Kamarla due to her party's poor immigration policies. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Tell me if anyone gets seriously ill as a result of this political stunt.

BTW, ease back on the eggnog. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 11:51 pm

Jakki wrote:
keepimg things in context . (see definition of Irony)

Ignore "Mr Hyde".
"Dr Jekyll" is a much better person to talk to. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2022, 11:55 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:

You're quick to condemn. Where else should they go? Have you seen the state of the migrant crisis in Texas? Do you think it's not cold in Texas, right now? How would you feel if you lived in a border town and watched a steady stream of strangers walk past your daughter's bedroom window, all hours of the day and night? How much more do you think Texas can handle? Do you think these migrants aren't getting desperate? The more desperate they get, the more they will be inclined to do whatever it takes to meet their most basic needs. If they aren't in DC's lap, DC will not help.

Presumably, Texas is a "Red State".
If it turns "Blue", the Federal Government is more likely to do something about the problem.
Call me cynical. 8)