Do you feel hopeless in the dating department?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

SkinnyElephant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2022, 2:05 pm

Everyone on the spectrum struggles with dating to some degree (compared to our neurotypical counterparts).

In my case, however, on top of the general struggles of dating on the spectrum, I struggle for reasons that go beyond my ASD.

-I don't drive

-I partially rely on parents financially

-I hold political beliefs the vast majority of the population (both liberals and conservatives) would find off-putting (And don't tell me "Political beliefs are a choice." I feel an uncontrollable attraction to my political beliefs. It's impossible to change your beliefs on a whim just because society wants you to)

-I'm lacking in the friend department

-I'm a total doormat

-I don't really have any hobbies

-I have various mental illnesses

All of that being said, by the time I get home from work, I'm too exhausted (both mentally and physically) for a relationship anyway. However, I don't like the feeling of knowing I wouldn't be able to hold down a relationship even if I wanted to.

I seriously feel like there's nothing any woman could possibly see in me (other than my good looks).

I've had girlfriends before. All of them lasted less than a year though (some much shorter). And most of the girlfriends I had were when I was in my early 20s. At that age, some of the strikes I had against me (the ones I listed above) were either less noticeable, nonexistent, or were easier for a potential partner to overlook.