Feel bad for not being into sports or going to the gym

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 4:13 pm

I seem to find myself feeling bad for not into sports or a gym even though I'm not passionate about it. But I seem to think there is this pressure to BE fit, health and exercise a lot. The thing is I always make sure I'm healthy and eat the right food even though I have the occasional treats and I'm not fat and I walk to and fro to work. I felt what is point of losing weight if I am already at a reasonably healthy weight anyway ? I don't really feel like wanting to put on anymore weight than what I've got in order to look fit. I did do the occasional press-ups and weight lifting with the bar-bells at home but haven't done it for a while.

I used to enjoy playing basketball, trampolining and swimming at school and I used to go out some evenings with my dad and my sister to a swimming pool but I've never really bothered to go and do any of those things on my own now. Even though I am not really passionate about sports, I do seem to find myself envying some people in professional sports even though I tell myself and other people have told me that they are where they are now because sports is what they were most passionate about doing and I forget that you have to be committed to it and do days, weeks, months and years of training especially in freezing temperatures of winter. No matter that, I still have those thoughts popping into my head. I remember hearing that David Beckham was only about 6 when he first started football.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 6:47 pm

I don't go to the gym either and I don't care for sports. I have never been into sports even though I was an active tomboy when I was a child.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to find myself feeling bad for not into sports or a gym even though I'm not passionate about it. But I seem to think there is this pressure to BE fit, health and exercise a lot. The thing is I always make sure I'm healthy and eat the right food even though I have the occasional treats and I'm not fat and I walk to and fro to work. I felt what is point of losing weight if I am already at a reasonably healthy weight anyway ? I don't really feel like wanting to put on anymore weight than what I've got in order to look fit. I did do the occasional press-ups and weight lifting with the bar-bells at home but haven't done it for a while.

I used to enjoy playing basketball, trampolining and swimming at school and I used to go out some evenings with my dad and my sister to a swimming pool but I've never really bothered to go and do any of those things on my own now. Even though I am not really passionate about sports, I do seem to find myself envying some people in professional sports even though I tell myself and other people have told me that they are where they are now because sports is what they were most passionate about doing and I forget that you have to be committed to it and do days, weeks, months and years of training especially in freezing temperatures of winter. No matter that, I still have those thoughts popping into my head. I remember hearing that David Beckham was only about 6 when he first started football.

I was close to 280-300 for years til i started walking (with music) Drinking primarily Water (some coffee) and experimenting with weights at home. i use dumbbells, resistance band, and kettlebells. i'm the least coordinated or athletic person, but i'm not 40 pounds already and i'm even buff haha. small beginnings are more effective than they seem.