Trump taxes show foreign income from more than 12 countries

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 7:08 pm

Politico

Quote:
Donald Trump’s tax returns show the former president received income from more than a dozen countries during his time in office, highlighting a string of potential conflicts of interest.

Trump’s returns, which were made public by House Democrats on Friday after a lengthy legal fight, disclosed income from 2015 to 2020 from a wide range of foreign countries, including Canada, Panama, the Caribbean island of Saint Martin, the Philippines, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom, among others.

While the documents did not provide details on the money flows, Trump owns golf courses in Scotland and Ireland, and his name has adorned luxury hotels from Panama to Canada.
The former president was known for fusing his business interests with America’s highest public office, drawing allegations of using his role to promote his private resorts, direct federal money to his hotels and encourage foreign governments to spend money that would directly benefit the Trump family interests.

The six years of tax returns disclosed Friday show that Trump received extensive income from Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom — including gross business income of at least $35.3 million from Canada in 2017, the year he entered office.

That year, Trump also brought in $6.5 million from China, $5.8 million from Indonesia and $5.7 million from India.

By 2020, his last full year in office, Trump reported $8.8 million in income from the U.K. and another $3.9 million in Ireland.

It’s not a surprise that Trump continued to receive money from foreign interests while he was president. While he handed over day-to-day operation of his business empire to his children, he still kept ownership.

Trump’s sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, made deals around the globe while their father was president.

At the same time, previous leaks of the former president’s tax returns to The New York Times and required annual disclosure forms also showed that the Trumps had ties to more autocratic countries, including Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 1:47 am

Listening to an ~hour long interview with Michael Cohen talking about trumpies taxes. Haven't heard about the foreign income stuff yet. It's mostly trump paid almost zero taxes while fabricating ridiculous write offs and valuations of things - crime, crime, crime, criming bigly.

Sounds like there's enough to get him in deep poop just for his tax evasion for those 4 or 5 years.

Mmmmaaaybe tax evasion will be his downfall. I predict a multi-pronged downfall - like some commentator or news personality or whoever it was said "No one wants to be the first to indict a President, but there's going to be a race to be second!" Once the first federal/state charges are laid, everyone who's been waiting for someone else to take donnie's truthing wrath first will grow the balls to file the paperwork and make announcements and all of the sudden the floodgates will open and donnie will get a barrage of court summonses - maybe his wife and kids and other accomplices, too.

edit:

As for his income from Canada, I assume it came from the trump tower hotel/condo build that opened up downtown Vancouver. It was built by some big $ Malaysian guy who's name I forget. trump just licensed his name/brand to it. The deal was made before he ran for president. His campaign and presidency tainted the whole thing - people had hard times selling, the night club went out of business pretty quick, same for a restaurant or two etc. The only people that seemed to want to have anything to do with the building besides taking selfies flipping it off were the people that lived there. Pretty sure the name has long since been removed as this guy and other building owners ditched the branding in order not to go bankrupt. No idea if all the units are sold now or not or what the building name is - I forget; maybe some other hotel brand or something. Still nuts to think he pulled in $35M from THAT.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 12:44 pm

Any supporters of mango mussolini care to chime in on your thoughts about all the chatter about his 5 years of tax returns that have been released?

Cliffs: Pretty much everything he submitted = fraud. He pays about zero tax and collects big refunds - via fraud, not legitimate deductions for actual expenses and charitable donations.

Just curious if there's anyone here defending this.. or if even people who liked the guy's attitude and policies are coming around to the idea that he might just be the biggest tax cheat in US history.