Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 8:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If we were “isolationist” during WW II, we might see swastikas in the streets constantly.

We cannot be isolationist.

Well George Washington was no fan of foreign entanglements and I agree with him.I want America to have no foreign alliances.I dont want any American taxes going to Israel or any other country.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jan 2023, 10:17 am

^ That would require drastically reducing interantional trade.
No more cheap oil from Saudi Arabia. No more electronics from Taiwan. No more technology from Korea and Japan.
The whole economy would need to be restructured and reduced - and someone else would take the leading role in the global world.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jan 2023, 10:22 am

Back to the topic - I really hate the tactics I see Netanyahu uses (but he's not the only one):
Accusing anyone criticizing the state of Israel for any reason of almost nazi-level antisemitism.
It's ridiculous, it disables any constructive dispute and it feeds real antisemitism.

I see similar political tactics used in some other nations, too, including my own - and it never leads to anything healthy.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:08 am

magz wrote:
Back to the topic - I really hate the tactics I see Natenyahu uses (but he's not the only one):
Accusing anyone criticizing the state of Israel for any reason of almost nazi-level antisemitism.
It's ridiculous, it disables any constructive dispute and it feeds real antisemitism.

I see similar political tactics used in some other nations, too, including my own - and it never leads to anything healthy.

Netenyahu does all kinds of nasty s**t. He allies with Hamas against the PLO, for example, just to discredit the Palestinian cause by strengthening the worst faction at the expense of the better faction.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:10 am

magz wrote:
Back to the topic - I really hate the tactics I see Natenyahu uses (but he's not the only one):

It kind of reminds me of how the CCP started spreading propaganda around the internet that anyone who dares to criticize them for things like the Tiananmen Square Massacre or the ethnic cleansing of Uyghurs or the brutal crackdown of pro-Democracy protesters in Hong Kong is now spreading "Anti-Asian Hatred", which ironically has fueled more actual racism towards Asians in the West.

I agree that what Natenyahu is doing is having the same effect. Just like Xi Jinping not actually caring about the people of China as long as he holds onto absolute power Natenyahu is doing the same sort of thing with the people of Israel imo.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:12 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well George Washington was no fan of foreign entanglements

The U.S.A. was not a superpower back then. Far from it.

If the U.S.A. abdicates its role of world leadership, someone else will take our place. Most likely China.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:29 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

If the U.S.A. abdicates its role of world leadership, someone else will take our place. Most likely China.

And we REALLY do not want China as the sole world superpower or else things will be so much worst for the rest of us!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:37 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
magz wrote:

It kind of reminds me of how the CCP started spreading propaganda around the internet that anyone who dares to criticize them for things like the Tiananmen Square Massacre or the ethnic cleansing of Uyghurs or the brutal crackdown of pro-Democracy protesters in Hong Kong is now spreading "Anti-Asian Hatred", which ironically has fueled more actual racism towards Asians in the West.

I agree that what Natenyahu is doing is having the same effect. Just like Xi Jinping not actually caring about the people of China as long as he holds onto absolute power Natenyahu is doing the same sort of thing with the people of Israel imo.

A combination of the rise of wokeness and actual hate crimes created an opening for the any criticism of us is hate tactic.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:41 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

And we REALLY do not want China as the sole world superpower or else things will be so much worst for the rest of us!

Well I would rather listen to George Washington on this one.I still believe that we should listen to the wisdom of the Founding Fathers on every issue possible.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 01 Jan 2023, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:43 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

I just do not approve of America being a world leader in terms of foreign entanglements and alliances because the Founding Fathers were against it.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:47 am

magz wrote:
No more cheap oil from Saudi Arabia. No more electronics from Taiwan. No more technology from Korea and Japan.
The whole economy would need to be restructured and reduced - and someone else would take the leading role in the global world.

America does not need oil from Saudi Arabia.We have enough oil in Texas for the whole country.America can do without Middle Eastern oil.We have fracking.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 01 Jan 2023, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 11:48 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
magz wrote:

A combination of the rise of wokeness and actual hate crimes created an opening for the any criticism of us is hate tactic.

I agree and that's why I'm against woke culture. I have seen for myself how it causes more problems than it solves.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 12:00 pm

ImageImage

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jan 2023, 12:25 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
In Poland, this tactics was used back in 1950s when different factions of the "united" communist party fought against each other and the faction that had some Jews (the other had none) was criticized for Stalinist time attrocities (they were in power back then).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 12:49 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

America does not need oil from Saudi Arabia.We have enough oil in Texas for the whole country.America can do without Middle Eastern oil.We have fracking.

Please no more fracking.I like clean water and no earthquakes related to it.
It caused an earthquake swarm in my state plus people had flammable drinking water.
We also have plenty of sunlight for solar.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 1:11 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

Please no more fracking.I like clean water and no earthquakes related to it.
It caused an earthquake swarm in my state plus people had flammable drinking water.
We also have plenty of sunlight for solar.

I would rather people like me supply oil through fracking to the US than being held hostage to Saudi Arabia.I love fracking.