Anyone interested in playing a short visual novel i made?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ElvenNeko
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Dec 2022, 12:01 pm

Year passed since i started asking for the doctor's help, but nothing changed. They still don't know why i am like i am. Or what to do with me. And i don't know either.

But i managed to formulate most of my thoughts and feelings into the visual novel. But in all the places i posted it, i got no feedback, apart from people complaining about use of ai generated art. This kind of reaction was expected, and only confirms the points that i make in this game. But still i want to post it here as well. Curious what you guys will think about it. It's free to play, donwload can be found here https://elvenneko.itch.io/alien

themizarkshow
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Dec 2022, 3:40 pm

I just played through it, and think my feedback largely can be summed up by "show, don't tell."

If the point is to convey your experience as an alien in a strange world, reading won't do much for others because your lived experience is so foreign. It's like telling a depressed person to cheer up or go for a walk, as if that would fix something. It would be much more powerful to have your players live the experience of being alien and dealing with the pain/rejection that comes with being ND in a world that's hostile for us.

That sort of experience can build empathy through understanding. Just telling someone about your alien life, at best, can only build sympathy.

- Late-Dx Autie in Milwaukee
- Interests include: twisty puzzles, videogames, zines, & typewriters
- My main Mastodon account
- My most active NeoCities page (hooray for the old web)

ElvenNeko
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jan 2023, 11:23 am

That was the original plan. But i never could find people who would be interested to work on my game designs, so when i realized that my life comes to an end, i decided to at least make a visual novel, and try to portray emotions trough art from the ai artist. The concept of the game changed entierly, and i am not too happy about that, but it's better than nothing. At least now i have my ending.