Page 8 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 6:48 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Very lovely! :heart: are those daffodils? :flower:

One of my white iris flowers has a bloom on it. :D

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 7:14 pm

/\Thank you, the large white daffodils with yellow cups are called Ice Follies and the small yellow ones in the background are called tête-à-tête.
Both spread and nothing eats them.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 8:31 pm

^ How lovely!

The larger jaboticaba berries are turning purple. This amazing fruit goes from blossom to ripe fruit in about 3 weeks.

The bass have been nesting in the pond for a couple of weeks now.

I bought a tropical peach tree and spent today clearing out the area to plant it in.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 8:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\Thank you, the large white daffodils with yellow cups are called Ice Follies and the small yellow ones in the background are called tête-à-tête.
Both spread and nothing eats them.

They're both very lovely! :D

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 9:36 am

I have wild violets that grow in my yard and I decided to finally dig some up and plant them in these colorful metal flower pots my mom gave me. I really hope these do well like my spiderwort is doing because I like these purple flowers :flower:

Btw I learned something interesting the other day. Apparently violets are symbolic of lesbian romance. One of the many flowers that are symbolic of homosexuality actually like the green carnation for gay men and the lily flower (which is also symbolic of lesbian attraction.)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... eerFlowers

As a gay man myself I thought it was very interesting that some plants can be symbolic of gay romance. :)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:09 am

I also have wild violets.There is a white one with blue streaks called the politically incorrect name of Confederate violet, the blue one and some that grow wild in the woods are yellow.
They have many herbal benefits and are edible.
https://gardenculturemagazine.com/medic ... d-violets/
Hyacinths blooming now .Willow leaf spires blooming and more Daffodils.
Still burning brush and looking for the lost pruners.
Transplanted the catmint and betony to a better location.
Time to start planting onions, taters and other spring veg but I’m so busy cleaning up the mess from the heavy wet snow.
Thank goodness for rechargeable chain saws.No way could I get this done with a hand saw.I’ve burnt a brush pile for two days now and there still more.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:13 am

Misslizard wrote:
I also have wild violets.There is a white one with blue streaks called the politically incorrect name of Confederate violet, the blue one and some that grow wild in the woods are yellow.
They have many herbal benefits and are edible.
https://gardenculturemagazine.com/medic ... d-violets/
Hyacinths blooming now .Willow leaf spires blooming and more Daffodils.
Still burning brush and looking for the lost pruners.
Transplanted the catmint and betony to a better location.
Time to start planting onions, taters and other spring veg but I’m so busy cleaning up the mess from the heavy wet snow.
Thank goodness for rechargeable chain saws.No way could I get this done with a hand saw.I’ve burnt a brush pile for two days now and there still more.

Very interesting, we get those white violets in my yard too but I never knew they were called Confederate violets. We seem to have a lot of politically incorrect flowers in the south, am I right? Confederate rose (which ironically is not even a true rose more a hibiscus), Confederate jasmine, Confederate violets...

It's so awful. :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:15 am

And some food items.
Jeff Davis pie.lol

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:21 am

Misslizard wrote:
And some food items.
Jeff Davis pie.lol

Lol ever watched The Golden Girls? I feel like Blanche in the episode where she tried to get into The Daughters of the Confederacy but they refused because her great grandmother wasn't born in the south and Blanche tells them "Oh ya'll lost the war, get over it!"

I so badly want to tell that to everyone I see displaying a Confederate flag here in the south. :mrgreen:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:34 am

Where I live it’s the border and two Great-great grandpa’s fought for the Union and one was Calvary in Missouri.The other marched with Sherman to the sea.One’s brother fought for the South.I see fewer and fewer of those flags around.
It was worse here after the war with people holding grudges against other families.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:43 am

Misslizard wrote:
Where I live it’s the border and two Great-great grandpa’s fought for the Union and one was Calvary in Missouri.The other marched with Sherman to the sea.One’s brother fought for the South.I see fewer and fewer of those flags around.
It was worse here after the war with people holding grudges against other families.

To be honest part of my family probably fought on the side of the Confederacy, but my dad was half-Hawaiian so I have lineage through him on my grandfather's side that obviously had nothing to do with the war. He was part Filipino to so I definetly have strong Polynesian heritage though I was never raised with that culture in my life because my parents divorced when I was so young.

My hometown somehow avoided getting burned down during the war and we still have many plantations, slave houses, and old antebellum homes that have been restored.

I think they're pretty but they remind me of a history I'm not very proud of...

Also in my town you can still find Confederate flags in some people's yards and on vehicles plus Trump 2020 flags. Go figure. :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:50 am

There’s a few Trump signs around and a few homes that have rebel flags still.It’s gradually fading.I used to see more trucks with a rebel flag vanity plate on the front.
The Ozarks are kind of a sub- region of the South.Our culture is different than the Deep South.I’ve also lived there ,close to Louisiana border.
Those old homes are beautiful but with a tragic past.Nothing wrong with honoring the craftsmanship that went into them.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 10:57 am

Misslizard wrote:
There’s a few Trump signs around and a few homes that have rebel flags still.It’s gradually fading.I used to see more trucks with a rebel flag vanity plate on the front.
The Ozarks are kind of a sub- region of the South.Our culture is different than the Deep South.I’ve also lived there ,close to Louisiana border.
Those old homes are beautiful but with a tragic past.Nothing wrong with honoring the craftsmanship that went into them.

I agree, I feel they need to stay as a way to preserve history so that we can learn from the past. :)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 12:16 pm

My garden pond.I need to put a rock over the liner in one spot.I’m sure the dogs knocked it off.It’s full of frog and salamander eggs.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 10:18 am

Professor Einstein daffodils

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 11:52 am

Here's a picture of my pecan tree. :flower: