Need video-clips on boosting social-skills.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 7:14 pm

Here is a clip of a speech from the Asperger/Autism NEtwork www.aane.org
Video Clip (7min 30sec)

Neurotypicals and Empathy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1pDIPrz9U

Any video-clips on boosting social-skills might be relatable if social-situations are filmed in a candid format real-life settings.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 5:59 pm

In YouTube, I typed in the keywords "American Social Customs.' Sveral potential video-clips seemed promising - yet none seemd to pique interest.

Such clips did not mention the Autism Spectrum as a factor, yet I sense that some of these clips might be helpful if a person's social skills are ripe-for going beyond small talk with trusting people.

Any specific helpful video-clips that were done in a candid format with routine real-world social situations?

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2023, 3:11 pm

Hi, do you mean like Crappy Childhood Fairy videos on YouTube?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 7:55 pm

LeafyGenes wrote:
Hi, do you mean like Crappy Childhood Fairy videos on YouTube?

The answer is no! The video-clip examples mentioned are geared towards overseas audiences; who are considering extended stays the states - hence, common (routine) real-life examples (without mention of social-skills and the Autism Spectrum) might just prove helpful.

Simply put, the Autism Spectrum can be considered very much like "a stranger in one's own land" sentiment.

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2023, 9:41 pm

That's what I call a high-quality no.

It sounds like you are looking for "meeting people" and "handling situations" skills whereas I think Crappy Childhood Fairy talks more about once you are getting closer to people, are they a friend or not. All good.

"From there to there, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!" Dr Suess, One Fish, Two Fish

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 12:08 am

The Autism Spectrum as much like "a stranger in one's own land" sentiment is "spot on."

Many NTs from non-Western countries might naturally feel like that "a stranger in one's own land" here in the States.

Video content would be geared towards overseas audiences. For example people who are sent to their Embassies in the US, or who are planning on extended stays in the States for business - hence video content geared towards audiences needing to learn more than enough "to get by!"

Anybody who researched for, and helped produce the PBS show on Autism 'In a Different Key' reading this discusion-thread? Any specific videos to contribute to this discussion thread?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 2:55 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
The Autism Spectrum as much like "a stranger in one's own land" sentiment is "spot on."

Many NTs from non-Western countries might naturally feel like that "a stranger in one's own land" here in the States.

Video content would be geared towards overseas audiences. For example people who are sent to their Embassies in the US, or who are planning on extended stays in the States for business - hence video content geared towards audiences needing to learn more than enough "to get by!"

Anybody who researched for, and helped produce the PBS show on Autism 'In a Different Key' reading this discusion-thread? Any specific videos to contribute to this discussion thread?

ADDENDUM: Video-clips for inclusion in this forum can be similar in production style to the excellent PBS Show, 'POV, I Didn't See You There.' The show profiled a disabled man going-out into the world.
Trailer to show: https://www.pbs.org/video/trailer-i-did ... re-loqgwk/

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 6:35 am

JustFoundHere wrote:

It would've been perfect had I've been the type of aspie who has all social motivation to ever cared and tried, and longing my entire life...

.. Which who I'm not. :o
Fate wasted it on someone asocial like me. :lol:

All I have to do is type "How to be an OFW and assimilate in X country".

But then, except it's not applicable in my own country. :lol:
I would have to get by with 'someone who came from another isle/region/tribe, doesn't doesn't know the specific mores and doesn't speak the local language'.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 6:11 pm

Please avoid (the common) video-clips that treat adult audiences like children!

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 3:27 pm

A 2min. 38sec. video-clip from a first person perspective. First person perspective videos are a must in this discussion thread!

'Autism Sensory Experience'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qYAuDuRDyM