Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2022, 9:08 pm

Went to new years house party. Extroverts feel warm and fuzzy around people. I Felt cold and detatched from reality. Managed to find an old guy to talk about news, sports and cars before it was socially acceptable to leave. The night went okay and i feel i did my duty but its still confirmation i dont like parties and i will stay a hermit. Exhausted.

Sometimes i think that i missed out on living - by protecting myself being alone. I realised i shouldnt stress because if it was meant to be it would be so. Most of all of those people acting happy on facebook are fake too.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 4:34 am

I've never been into New Year's Eve parties.

As my parents used to say when I was little: "Start the new year right. Get to bed on time!"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 4:47 am

It took me a while to work out if your gut instinct is to avoid parties then your gut is probably right.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 4:53 am

I mean parties are kind of not worth it anyways, like idk hang around listetening to music you hate hoping somehow you will form a social contact by attending and make friends, but you never do and eventually realize parties are useless and a hassle

But yeah I don't really like parties, hard to interact wtih so many people at once, would rather just chill with some chill people who aren't in a big party group.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 4:55 am

Big problem is having a a large group who you don't know. As I've gotten older I'm more adept at "blending in" for the sake of it. But it's fairly "meh" not as exciting unless there is alcohol involved.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 8:54 am

This year, both my mom and I just stayed home while my cousins and aunts by the streets, playing with fireworks.

Even my mom doesn't want to party. And she's this extroverted type who hosts and/or goes various parties for at least once in every other week.

Brought a food good for like 6+ people and there's only 2 of us at home. Mom just like it that way, party or no party.

So she sets up a table just outside the front door and brought most of the food there.
We ate some while mom video chatting various relatives abroad.

And offered some food to the neighbors, gave some to my aunts, and saved the rest to the fridge so we could just heat up a week worth of food.

Sure I felt a bit fuzzy inside.
It's not the party or the company -- in fact, it was a fricking boring day. Me and my cousins are even complaining that the sparklers are comparably shorter by pieces and no longer worth buying.

So boring, I voluntarily did chores all day, replaced the lights and installed doorknobs.

It's this sense of transition in time -- by cleaning my entire room, fixed and replace things at home, wrote a lot of things to summarize my year and rearranging the room the night before the countdown.

This year I'm not doing more, but doing something less.
I let go plenty of things that day, and just put a lot of those things I want to declutter into a box where anyone could just grab whatever they wanna take.

And so far, I hadn't used much willpower over my planned new habit with my new room setup this entire week.

I pray it's not because of stupid hormones behaving itself giving me this false sense of assurance that I'm finally sticking to a habit -- or be detailed because of stupid hormonal changes.

Anyways.
I prefer watching a party and relax elsewhere.
Or relax no where near a party.

Just me, sipping a warm sweet drink and snack to nibble on a table, sitting in a dimly lit room where the only source of light I have was reflected through the windows from the outside.

Better during cold climates during Christmas or New Year.
The muffled celebratory noise is optional.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.