Jeremiah Green of Indie Rock Act Modest Mouse dies

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2023, 10:30 pm

Modest Mouse drummer Jeremiah Green dies at age 45

Quote:
Jeremiah Green, drummer and founding member of indie rock group Modest Mouse, died just a few days after his cancer diagnosis was announced to the public, according to the band. He was 45.

“I don’t know a way to ease into this: Today we lost our dear friend Jeremiah,” the band said on social media on Saturday. “He laid down to rest and simply faded out.”

Green joined the indie rock act in his teens, when it was formed in the Seattle suburb of Issaquah. The band’s name comes from a passage by novelist Virginia Woolf in which she described everyday people as “modest mouse-coloured people.”

The band would later relocate to Portland, Oregon. The Talking Heads and XTC were major influences in the beginning, starting with Modest Mouse’s debut album “This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About.”

They built a following before finding mainstream success with “Good News for People Who Love Bad News” and the singles “Float On” and “Ocean Breathes Salty.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman