God may or may not be sentient 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
There is no god 48%  48%  [ 14 ]
I have no idea 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 29

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 7:57 am

why wouldn't got care at least as much about his creation as we do about our own comparatively petty creations? why create something without caring something about it?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 7:58 am

but when i think of god, i imagine that god is rather like a master control program created by echelons beyond reality.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 11:05 am

Nope....never had that happen to me. Anything from "beyond the veil."

It would be nice if my mother could call me from Heaven.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 11:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
but when i think of god, i imagine that god is rather like a master control program created by echelons beyond reality.

Makes sense. Although for me that doesn't quite work because I think of God above which there is nothing greater, a supreme being in the truest sense. I would argue that objective reality is really the MCP (love the Tron reference, btw) with God being simultaneously the software designer and the machine that runs the software. The difficulty here is that machine platforms are limited, so the analogy breaks down. But it also underscores a Christian truth: With God, anything is possible. The tiny area of the universe (or machine memory, I guess) we're restricted to does have limits, of course, but we as creations or, idk, "class instances" or "objects" to use the computer metaphor, are hard pressed to realize those limits.

But yes, I like the direction you're going with that.