football player Damar Hamlin alive due to CPR & AED

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 2:29 pm

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/buffa ... d=96095180

During Monday night’s football game with the Buffalo Bills playing the Cincinnati Bengals, after a medium hard hit and maybe another player falling on his chest,

it looks like defensive player Damar Hamlin had a heart attack right on the football field.

Maybe he got hit in just the wrong way.

And his life was probably saved due to CPR & AED.

His teammates were pretty distraught as you might well imagine, and even the other team was distraught. The game was suspended.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 9:10 pm

Morning and midday teams on a local radio station were talking about that today.
Chat members on Virtual Railfan were talking about that yesterday.
I don't watch TV and therefore missed it.

Am wishing healing to Damar; maybe he can go back to football or maybe not, either way I wish him a long and fulfilling life.

And yes, those processes and aids definitely proved their worth.

:arrow: Doing some searching found the NFL has had precisely 1 in-game fatality, in 1971.
And it wasn't from a hit when tackling.
https://www.sportscasting.com/who-is-th ... in-a-game/

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 8:18 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Am wishing healing to Damar; maybe he can go back to football or maybe not, either way I wish him a long and fulfilling life.

And I also wish the young man all the best. And for those who are praying persons, please pray for him.

And we are having a moment in which this is a major, major news item.

It shows that people really can and do care about a complete stranger when there’s a situation right in front of them [and plus, maybe with the safety and clarity of TV]. I think it shows once again the potential for starting charities, especially if you have a good accountant and are clear and honest about where the money comes from and where it goes.