Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

QuietChaos.91
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2023, 6:44 pm

I seem to have found myself at a loss, my social skills are probably pretty rubbish but I just desperately need someone to talk to that has BPD and Autism. A like minded person. Both disorders carry their own difficulties, but I've reached a point where life is getting to be more about just about getting through the day than actually living. I have very little to no support around me which only worsens my issues. I just want to have someone to talk to who knows what it's like to have these issues.

Is there anyone out there who could help??

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 6:19 am

Hello. I am not diagnosed with bpd but i think i might have it also. Feel free to pm me

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2023, 4:08 pm

Hiya,

I suspect I have the latter also . Diagnosed ASD

It's complex to separate the symptoms of each disorder .

Many people with ASD have been misdiagnosed with Bi-Polar .

With BPD I believe it's trauma based , which I suspect of myself .

With Autism , it's about figuring ways to minimise or bridge deficits . I accept that alot of neurological deficits can be boosted with the aid of natural herbs . It's a matter of personal experimentation . Cognitive boosting supplements certainly helped in many ways . Coffee even helped to a degree .. aside from racing thoughts . It's about building and establishing neurological pathways .

As for BPD , research and identifying when symptoms are happening is very useful

Hope this helps

maybeautistic
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2023, 1:27 am

i have bpd and i suspect asd message me if you want to talk

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 11:55 pm

AVPD and possibly ASD here

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

ThisLunaFacade
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2023, 2:42 am

I’m diagnosed with both ASD and BPD. There’s a lot of coexisting symptoms of both (e.g. social difficulties, executive distinction) which is why people are often misdiagnosed with one instead of the other and why psychiatrists are reluctant to diagnose them together as comorbid. However when they are comorbid in my experience, the crossover symptoms are more severely pronounced than if only one was present. Even more so if ADHD is present too (like me). I’ve struggled most working on emotional regulation and learning interpersonal communication skills. BPD is a disorder that gets worse the longer you go without working on it in therapy and has one of the highest rates of suicide in any mental health disorder. Diagnosed or not, if you suspect you have developed it, I can’t stress how important it is to seek help to prevent worsening symptoms. If you want any more info or someone to bounce ideas off about this, PM me :)

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 3:16 am

I am not officially diagnosed with either one, but I believe I may have both. I have suspected that I am on the autism spectrum since 1997, and I'm pretty confident that I am, but I've only suspected I might have Borderline Personality in the past week, and it was suggested to me by someone close to me.

I've been going through a crisis in the past year that has been so harrowing emotionally that I have been struggling to understand how my emotions can be so extreme and so out of my control, and that's when my close person suggested it could be BPD. So at this point I don't know.

I don't know if that would be helpful to you, but you can contact me if you wish.