MAGA Pastor’s Unholy Racket Is Driving Neighbors Nuts

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 11:07 am

Daily Beast

Quote:
Pastor Greg Locke has burned Harry Potter books and condemned yoga mats as “the devil.”

He has called the pandemic a scam, dismissed masks as useless, and declared COVID vaccine a menace.

He has said that autism and obsessive-compulsive disorder are indications of demonic oppression.

He also says Donald Trump won the 2020 election and President Biden has pedophile tunnels running under the White House and Hillary Clinton is the “high priestess of a Satanic church.”

He has decreed that Democrats are not welcome in the big circus tent that serves as his Global Vision Bible Church just outside Mount Juliet, Tennessee.

He has gone beyond Trumpian rhetoric to stage an actual witch hunt., announcing to his congregation in February that a demon had whispered to him “the last names of six witches that are in our church.”

“Three of you in the room right now,” he continued. “Look at my eyeballs. We ain’t afraid of you. You stinking witch. You devil worshipin’ Satanist witch. We cast you out in the name of Jesus Christ. We break your spells. We break your curse. We got your first name, we got your last name. We even got an address for one of you.”

But it is not simply the content of Locke’s pronouncements that trouble local residents such as Sarah Moore, a paralegal who is raising two teenagers just under a mile from the church.

What bothers her most is the extraordinary volume of the loudspeakers Global Vision employs when 2,000 people pack into the church at least three times a week.

“It seems like I’ve been hearing it for over a year, but it seems like the past several weeks it’s gotten louder,” Moore told The Daily Beast. “These services go on for hours. You can hear the music and then you can hear him yelling and then you can hear some more music.”

Moore added, “You can hear it in my house with all the doors and windows closed… On New Year’s Eve, it was going on past midnight.”

A number of the county commissioners in surrounding Wilson County are also concerned with the pastor’s decibel level.

“It will rattle the windows of your car if you’re anywhere near this thing,” County Commissioner Bobby Franklin reported during an October meeting. “It’s loud.”

Chief Deputy Mike Owen of the Wilson County Sheriff’s office gave the commission a breakdown on the noise complaints his department received countywide in September.

“We had 41 noise complaints,” he said “Sounds like a lot. But 22 were from a church down in the west end of the county. One church.”

Owen did not name it, but he was clearly referring to Locke’s church. He noted another, lesser source of complaints at the other end of the county.

“Four calls were from a cannon being fired in the north east,” he said.

Wilson County was otherwise largely quiet, with the 12 remaining complaints involving “everything from a donkey to a motorcycle to kids playing in the street.”

However many complaints there may be, the county does not have an ordinance to remedy them. And it seemed to Owen that the church was a noise problem with no immediate solution.

“When it comes to a church worshiping… I don’t know how you can tell someone how loud they could sing—or how loud they could play their music,” Owen said. “ I think there’s too much protection by the federal law… I wish I knew the answer, but I don’t.”

Owen did guarantee that the sheriff's department would “without a doubt” enforce any law or any ordinances passed by the commission. Commissioner Jerry McFarland noted that there had been talk of instituting a noise ordinance, but he was not sure what happened with it.

In response to a Daily Beast request for comment, Locke messaged via Twitter on Tuesday, saying, “Yes, people complain,” adding, “We do everything we can to minimize the sound.”

Church spokesman Wayne Caparas told The Daily Beast that of the 2,000 who attended an average service, half are from outside the area.

“We have people driving as far as California,” he said.

With regards to the jangled neighbors, Caparas said, “We’re just having church.”

For Moore, the situation is particularly frustrating because the church is just a few feet beyond the town line of Mount Juliet, which does have a noise ordinance. When she called the Mount Juliet police, she was told the church is outside their jurisdiction. And the Wilson County Sheriff's Office says it can do nothing.

Moore told The Daily Beast that her neighbors have begun circulating a petition that already has hundreds of signatures from people across the political spectrum. And in that Locke has triggered what might be considered a minor miracle in these divided times.

“There’s some unity,” she said of her neighbors. “He brought us together.”

So many first amendment issues here to unpack.

The “witch hunt” is probably is protected speech because the pastor did not name names thus is not an immediate threat.

I do not not understand why a noise ordinance has not been passed. They are common so evidently they spare not amendment violations. That the speeches are political and religious in nature might complicate things but I don’t think so.

What I do know is am glad I do not live there. The article’s headline uses “nuts” in a non literal fashion. If I lived there I would be literally nuts.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 6:26 pm

More info, including reference links,  HERE .

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 6:33 pm

Also . . .

Quote:
Street Preaching Global Vision Bible Church Greg Locke Exposed
4/4/2021

Today I peacefully street preached on public property outside of Global Vision Bible Church (never set foot on their property).  Greg Locke the pastor (grabbed and threw my phone across a street) and later two of their gun toting security men chased me, took my phone and my gospel signs. (I ended up with arm/head wounds) . . .

That one is a little preachy on its own, but it does illustrate the violent militancy of Greg Locke's "church".

Link to Article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 6:36 pm

. . . and Locke's second wife gets called out  Here .

Quote:
Tai, I believe that if you died today, you would spend an eternity in Hell. I believe this because I believe what the Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians is true:

Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6)

Tai, you are a fornicator. Tai, you are an adulterer. Tai, you are a thieving and covetous woman (you stole and coveted Melissa Locke’s husband). You are a wicked woman living in sin with a wicked man. Paul told the Corinthians that they used to be such things but were washed. Tai, you are such things and I don’t think you have been washed. You are still in your sin. That may seem like a harsh thing to say but I assure you it is the most loving thing anyone has said to you in months. Greg Locke, the man who baptized you, may tell you that you are saved and that he loves you. Let me tell you, you aren’t saved and Greg Locke doesn’t love you. He loves himself. He sure doesn’t love his covenant wife Melissa and he certainly doesn’t love God. He is leading you, your kids, your sister, and your mother on a path straight to Hell. Oh, Tai, how long will you follow this path? All the way to the Lake of Fire?

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 11:42 am

Poor fellow, sounds like he should be in a mental institution, not preaching.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 11:48 am

Radish wrote:
Poor fellow, sounds like he should be in a mental institution, not preaching.

He's not the only one, unfortunately.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 12:04 pm

When I was in middle school, we had a church across the street from us that was way too loud. To the point we could hear their services in our home which was about 500ft from the church.

My mother's boyfriend had a great solution. One day he took our earth shaker concert speakers to the porch near the street and set up his stereo system there (this was in the late 80s). When the service got too loud, he started to play Guns N' Roses at full volume. The volume from the church turned louder so he turned to Frank Zappa, particularly Titties and Beer. At that point, the church closed their door and they turned down the volume. If they did not get the hint, I am sure John Valby's greatest hits would have been next (look him up if you don't know who he is). The neighbors were all thanking my mother for this community service.

What these people need is some concert experts to come into town and go to the nearest public property to this church and do the same thing. I would bet they would get the hint eventually.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 6:41 pm

demeus wrote:
When I was in middle school, we had a church across the street from us that was way too loud. To the point we could hear their services in our home which was about 500ft from the church.

My mother's boyfriend had a great solution. One day he took our earth shaker concert speakers to the porch near the street and set up his stereo system there (this was in the late 80s). When the service got too loud, he started to play Guns N' Roses at full volume. The volume from the church turned louder so he turned to Frank Zappa, particularly Titties and Beer. At that point, the church closed their door and they turned down the volume. If they did not get the hint, I am sure John Valby's greatest hits would have been next (look him up if you don't know who he is). The neighbors were all thanking my mother for this community service.

What these people need is some concert experts to come into town and go to the nearest public property to this church and do the same thing. I would bet they would get the hint eventually.

Today, WAP would be the song to play.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 9:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
More info, including reference links,  HERE .

I see almost all of us on WP are demon possessed.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 9:48 am

The Holy Roller evangelicals always told me I was.lol

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 10:30 am

There was someone briefly on WP years ago who said I was destined to burn in hell unless I repented (from being a Buddhist) and accepted their evangelical idea of Jesus. :lol: She eventually left after making endless clueless claims about false gods, demons, the devil and other crap and nobody taking her seriously. She was quite the bible thumper.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 11:00 am

Student of Nyingma lineage here.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2023, 11:31 am

Misslizard wrote:
Student of Nyingma lineage here.

Tibetan Buddhism eh? I read a little around that in my youth and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. I had a vague memory from my former life on WP that you had some Buddhist leanings.
Personally I'm a practising Soto Zen Buddhist. I plan to do a formal initiation (Jukai) with my Sangha soon, formally accepting the precepts etc. However, in the mean time I still eat meat, drink alcohol and swear a lot. Not quite compatible with the precepts. :lol:

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2023, 12:27 pm

What a lovely pastor /s

Quote:
He has gone beyond Trumpian rhetoric to stage an actual witch hunt., announcing to his congregation in February that a demon had whispered to him “the last names of six witches that are in our church.”

Just wondering, do pastors over there typically listen to demons? Isn't that something a witch or satanist pastor high priest would do? :P

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers