Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 2:57 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 5:10 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I like the 13" ones and that's no exaggeration at all.

In my defence I was referring to laptop screens. ^

@Kraich,
I bet that's happened to me too.
At one of my interviews they turned me down and said the other staff wouldn't like me lol
I think it's because I was going off on tangents like I am now.

I'm sure it has. We Aspies seem to swing between shyness and verbosity.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 5:31 am

lightweight
college boy
neckbeard

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
lightweight
college boy
neckbeard

I've always associated "neckbeard" with right wingers who type out hateful posts from their parent's basements. I didn't know anyone associated that name with us.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I'm sure it has. We Aspies seem to swing between shyness and verbosity.

In interview situations I'm usually verbose because I'm unable to read people's body language or facial cues. I have no idea if I've said enough, or described well enough, or sounded sincere, because I get tunnel vision and the room disappears to the sound of my voice squonking away. I'll just keep going until I get a clear direction to stop, or they change the question.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
lightweight
college boy
neckbeard

I've always associated "neckbeard" with right wingers who type out hateful posts from their parent's basements. I didn't know anyone associated that name with us.

those were ones i experienced personally.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 1:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
lightweight
college boy
neckbeard

Neckbeard is definitely something someone could have calld me although nobody has so far. And I think "neckbeard", as a pop idiom, exactly describes an autistic man. It is not necessarily directed towards right wingers. A left leaning man who has poor hygiene , is only interrested in talking about his special interest and who is socially clumsy could also be seen as a "neckbeard". People love to hate them. There are subreddits about hating them. There are YouTube channels about ridiculing them. Hearing the narrated stories that people had written in reddit I felt that they were talking about someone like me. I felt sympathy for them instead of hate or whatever negative feelings those videos were ment to arise. We are talking about stories about people who tried to enter polyamourus groups. That is not right wing. And they were ultimately rejected and ridiculed. People love to hate them without remorse. While I sympathized with them to the extent I felt one of them. I found all that hate unjust and I realised that my God they really hate us. They would burn us at the stake if they could.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:36 pm

the "they" you refer to could find good placement in any "third reich" kind of environment IMHO.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 3:07 am

auntblabby wrote:
the "they" you refer to could find good placement in any "third reich" kind of environment IMHO.

They are the kind of people who two generations ago would have participated in public lynchings of African Americans. I mean, the civil rights movement happened and suddenly the angry mob instincts of human nature magically disappeared? The instincts are still there but hidden and they resurface at the first excuse.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 4:17 am

Dengashinobi wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

They are the kind of people who two generations ago would have participated in public lynchings of African Americans. I mean, the civil rights movement happened and suddenly the angry mob instincts of human nature magically disappeared? The instincts are still there but hidden and they resurface at the first excuse.

the sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons to the third generation [imperfect paraphrase of The Good Book], but if there is any atavistic revisitation, the clock starts anew that instant. hence, this 1 step forwards and 2 steps backwards thing keeping the collective of humanity mired in the past.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2023, 4:28 am

Lazy-ass motherf!cking sumbeeyotch.

F!cking queer as*hole

Asswipe

(and those are mild, compared to the zingers (verbal and physical) that got hurled at me.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 4:40 am

an unexpectedly ouchie thing uttered at me when i was in uncle sam's army, was "you remind all women of their pesky little brother."

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 11:37 pm

my uncle calls people the r word including myself as a "term of endearment".I think the joke's on him because he is most likely autistic himself.My dad has called me Satan and the Anti-Christ when he is mad and yelling at me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 12:00 am

what an uncle. :o

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 12:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
an unexpectedly ouchie thing uttered at me when i was in uncle sam's army, was "you remind all women of their pesky little brother."

I don't think that way, if it's any consolation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 12:10 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't think that way, if it's any consolation.

thank you :heart: you are most unique :star: