Prince Harry says William attacked him during row

Page 5 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:33 pm

KitLily wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Harry is front page news on Australian papers now every single day!!

Yes, same in Britain. So boring :roll:

Yes it's to do with his memoirs being published/leaked
No doubt Penguin Books would be rather irritated with all the leaks to the press

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 11:35 pm

The current piling on top of the former Duke and Dutchess of Sussex is emboldening some notable gutter comments that crossed the line and are misogynistic.

Jeremy Clarkson (the notorious former celebrity of popular car show "Top Gear" has often found himself in hot water over his less than palatable comments over race and gender in the past. His latest tweet suggested that Markle should be stripped naked and forced to parade in front of jeering crowds. :roll:

Women who attack Megan Markle need to remember that she has been a vocal advocate for women's rights. So when they buy into attacking her they will find themselves sleeping in the same bed as notorious misogynists like Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Jan 2023, 7:31 am

Relatively old news - and it was a December article published in The Sun online, a Murdoch comic masquerading as a newspaper, which was taken down after a record 28,000 complaints about it were made to the press regulation body.

It's practically vanished online now but a few quotes can be found.
He said, in part:
 Meghan, though, is a different story. I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.
 At night, I'm unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, "Shame!" and throw lumps of excrement at her.

https://twitter.com/carolvorders/status ... 5203519488
(Nicola Sturgeon is a Scottish politician and Rose West is the equally nasty and complicit wife of the killer Fred West)

Clarkson, a noted knuckle-dragging gobshite "celebrity", made a non-apology apology when the article was taken down claiming he'd made a clumsy reference to "The Game of Thrones" which, entirely accidentally of course, appeared to address Meghan - and from what's been seen of his (apparently six page) new apology, emailed to Harry, it's even more pathetic.
More details on his first "apology":
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64029690

But he has an obsession with Meghan and this was merely the latest in a series. They can easily be found - for example:
 I had a furious argument with someone this week, and it got so out of hand, she crashed into a hedge.
We both agreed that Meghan Markle is an unhinged monster, but we couldn’t agree on just how awful she is.
 We were dreaming up better and stronger insults, none of which can be published here, even though they’re all perfectly fair.
 Until eventually, my friend became so lost in the insult thesaurus, she lost concentration and hit the hedge.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20708220/ ... -clarkson/

You have to wonder at the state of mind of someone writing this misogynistic drivel and worse, Murdoch pays him for it.

Other details:
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... fa1a456f73
https://www.nationalworld.com/news/peop ... gy-3958614
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 47421.html
(found after a quick search, that's all)

cyberdad wrote:
Women who attack Megan Markle need to remember that she has been a vocal advocate for women's rights. So when they buy into attacking her they will find themselves sleeping in the same bed as notorious misogynists like Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson.
Yes indeed.

A side note -
Harry remains a Prince, and the couple keep their Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles, but are no longer addressed as His/Her Royal Highness (HRH).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 4:31 pm

So the Sussex's were justified in leaving the UK? they were not getting a "fair go" from the Murdoch press and the Windsor Clan were not being supportive. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Jan 2023, 5:23 pm

I think that's about the size of it.
A combination of a truly disgusting press and a stone cold/tradition-bound Windsor family.

Further info on what he'd said, with links off at the end.
https://www.ladbible.com/news/jeremy-cl ... 9-20221218

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 12:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
The current piling on top of the former Duke and Dutchess of Sussex is emboldening some notable gutter comments that crossed the line and are misogynistic.

Jeremy Clarkson (the notorious former celebrity of popular car show "Top Gear" has often found himself in hot water over his less than palatable comments over race and gender in the past. His latest tweet suggested that Markle should be stripped naked and forced to parade in front of jeering crowds. :roll:

It was a reference to "Game of Thrones".

cyberdad wrote:

Just because a person is an activist doesn't make that person ethical.
Much of it can be base "Virtue Signalling" and a search for relevance.
I see Meghan as having a narcissistic component.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 12:45 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It was a reference to "Game of Thrones"..

Given Clarkson has been grovelling and issued two fake a apologies means he knew what he was doing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 1:35 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Given Clarkson has been grovelling and issued two fake a apologies means he knew what he was doing,

How does this relate to what I said?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 2:02 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It means he knew what he was insinuating had nothing to do with GOT and his need to humiliate Markle in a crude fashion that was hardly funny at all.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 4:51 am

https://youtu.be/wsdy_rct6uo

They should just 'go ahead now', and duke it out.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 6:32 am

cyberdad wrote:

The trouble is, most of the British media and many celebrities are in the gutter now, making disgusting comments about everything e.g. insulting Greta Thunberg.

Britain is a disgusting country now. And I'm English btw.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jan 2023, 6:51 am

Pepe wrote:
It was a reference to "Game of Thrones".
What now? Meghan is in The Game of Thrones?
What he wrote was clearly about her, reference or not.

Quote:
I see Meghan as having a narcissistic component.
:roll: Of course you do...

Pepe wrote:
It addresses what you've ignored.

cyberdad wrote:
It means he knew what he was insinuating had nothing to do with GOT and his need to humiliate Markle in a crude fashion that was hardly funny at all.
Exactly, and it's not like it was a isolated incident. It's what he does (along with Piers Moron).

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jan 2023, 6:59 am

KitLily wrote:
The trouble is, most of the British media and many celebrities are in the gutter now, making disgusting comments about everything e.g. insulting Greta Thunberg.
Sadly, true. It's infantile, malicious and it's getting worse.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 7:21 am

Cornflake wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Sadly, true. It's infantile, malicious and it's getting worse.

It seems to me that it is now the fashion to behave like that: childish, rude, extreme, insensitive, as well as racist, sexist, homophobic etc. We are supposed to admire people like that and model ourselves on them or we are called woke PC leftie snowflakes and mocked.

I don't care about being mocked for that but we can't continue like this being overrun by children. We need some adults to step up.

Did you see about the Greta Thunberg/ Andrew Tate fiasco? It was hilarious! I've never seen karma happen so fast :lol:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jan 2023, 7:56 am

Da_Zero_A_Dieci wrote:
I wonder: when a person like Harry who has an important role leaves by his own choice.

Why does he continue in this endless controversy?

Publish books, give interviews.
He always seems to be the victim of a combine against him.
He left because, correct or not, he could see what happened to his mother starting again with Meghan.

Press coverage of her has been relentless with most of it making petty misogynistic attacks and often presenting her as the evil witch against the saintly Catherine. If it's not her choice of dress it's something she's supposed to have said that upset someone - endless, endless picking and much of it from "a palace spokesman" or "a source close to the family".
Generally this is newspaper-speak for "it's bollocks" - or worse, it's PR management actually planted by the various offices of the royal family.

Quote:
he took advantage of both his role and the millionaire benefits and led a very very easy life without ever working.
Aside from various royal duties and the Invictus games and Sentebale, which he helped found, he also served in the army and saw active service in Afghanistan. He was withdrawn early owing to intrusive press coverage putting him, and his unit, in danger.

A condition on his leaving the UK was that all military positions and honors are rescinded - for a professional, career soldier held in high repute by his fellow soldiers that's going to hurt. It's also why he was not allowed to appear in uniform for the funerals of the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen. Even when keeping vigil by her coffin he was denied a uniform.
To me this tends to indicate an institution bound so tightly by tradition at the expense of humanity.

Quote:
Now he has a choice.

Why throw mud on his family?

In certain roles, things are accepted or not accepted.

He was old enough to choose to give up much earlier.
He's chosen to speak out about the way he and Meghan have been treated when that's something never done by the royal family who have always run according to "never complain don't explain".
Well, here's someone who has complained and explained.

Quote:
Now make money on this.
Somewhere earlier in this thread I quoted a statement from his book, where he'd donated $1.5m - I gather that's now been doubled.

Quote:
Working like mere mortals, right?
He receives nothing from the Royal Purse - like his mother, he was cut off from that and cast adrift. He is now self-supporting.

He received an inheritance on his mother's death, the Queen Mother's death (great grandmother) and probably soon from the late Queen (grandmother). He was also given a lump sum by his father, now King. So far, so ordinary family activities.
Yes, the sums of money are larger than us mere mortals would see - but there's nothing unusual in the inheritance mechanism through familial sources.
The Queen gave them Frogmore Cottage to live in - there was a stink about the cost of renovating it but when they left the UK, they paid it back in full.

Quote:
I don't understand it's against what enriched and privileged him.

His compatriots are doing normal things, he is wearing his shirt.
He was wearing a shirt his heredity dictated he wear; he's decided he won't wear it any more.

Quote:
His mother ditto: another victim
8O Really? Is that all?

Quote:
But he did not give up anything: in Latin, pecunia non olet...
He gave up the life you're saying was so privileged. Homo contentus semper dives est.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jan 2023, 8:03 am

KitLily wrote:
It seems to me that it is now the fashion to behave like that: childish, rude, extreme, insensitive, as well as racist, sexist, homophobic etc. We are supposed to admire people like that and model ourselves on them or we are called woke PC leftie snowflakes and mocked.
:cry: It's horrible, isn't it? And the press were all so full of remorse after the death of Diana.
Cynical crocodile tears.

Quote:
I don't care about being mocked for that but we can't continue like this being overrun by children. We need some adults to step up.
Yep. Unfortunately with a government running on pretty much the same level we can't look to them for stability - they're all scrabbling for what they can get out of it.

Quote:
Did you see about the Greta Thunberg/ Andrew Tate fiasco? It was hilarious! I've never seen karma happen so fast :lol:
I did and I laughed out loud. Apparently Karma is not only a b***h - it can also be lightning fast! :lol: