Prince Harry says William attacked him during row

Page 6 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 4:54 pm

Da_Zero_A_Dieci wrote:
If that family among other things made him live above any reality of ordinary beings.

This is where the position of the royal "clan" of Windsor and the various Lords in Britain mean the families inherited their wealth, position and esteem and did not earn it. The consequence of growing up in such rarefied environments is on-show when one observed any of the royals in front of the camera - they are actors, participating in pomp and ceremony. They believe that is their service.

On the one hand it is easy to describe them as social leaches living of the collective wealth of ordinary British people but also the collective wealth from the commonwealth where booty was plundered from hapless colonies for several centuries. They are the living embodiment of colonial exploitation and theft.

But on the other hand the constant scrutiny of the media/public and has it's toll. They are cut-off from ordinary people. The idiosyncrasies and weird habits/demands they make on servants is a sign they are conditioned to believe in a medieval class system. Within the royals there hierarchies. If you read Harries memoirs they are front and centre of his gripes. Despite the obvious privilege he constantly compared himself to his peers and his anger of the perceived (whether accurate or not) unequal treatment by the media.

I read that Kate Middleton stoked the fires of tension even before Megan set foot on British soil. Megan was a fashion blogger and her acting on suits might have influenced more than Harry. Markle exclusively wore dresses designed by Erdem Moralioglu who at the time was the most exclusive fashion label worn by US celebrities. There was some debate whether She popularised the label among A-list celebrities.

Some months before Megan's impending wedding Kate Middleton suddenly chose to wear Erdem Moralioglu dresses. There is a royal code where the wife of the future King can pick a designer and due to royal heirarchy only she can wear the design in public. Kate's decision prior to Megan's arrival is thought to have been deliberately provocative and intended to show Megan that she had power when it came to fashion over the then suits actress. It was in this environment of tension that further spats over flower girl dresses at the wedding erupted. It appeared megan's dislike of Kate wasn't without pre-text.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 5:26 pm

The royal family has always had lots of problems that go beyond Princess Diana and the way she was treated so I would not be surprised if William beat up his brother. After all, look who his father is and I don't like him as he's not only killed Diana but his own mother.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 5:33 pm

Da_Zero_A_Dieci wrote:
He held a role for 10 years where the obedience to the British Army should prevent him from taking action against his state.

Since when were the royal family synonymous with the state? :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Jan 2023, 5:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
There is a royal code where the wife of the future King can pick a designer and due to royal heirarchy only she can wear the design in public.
:lol: Where do you get this nonsense?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 6:43 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The current piling on top of the former Duke and Dutchess of Sussex is emboldening some notable gutter comments that crossed the line and are misogynistic.

Jeremy Clarkson (the notorious former celebrity of popular car show "Top Gear" has often found himself in hot water over his less than palatable comments over race and gender in the past. His latest tweet suggested that Markle should be stripped naked and forced to parade in front of jeering crowds. :roll:

It was a reference to "Game of Thrones"..

Given Clarkson has been grovelling and issued two fake a apologies means he knew what he was doing,

How does this relate to what I said?

It means he knew what he was insinuating had nothing to do with GOT and his need to humiliate Markle in a crude fashion that was hardly funny at all.

I believe that is simply your OPINION.
I see no reason to disbelieve him.

The reason he is grovelling is that he went too far, and there was a tremendous backlash, and he has lost a contract from Amazon and may be concerned about further consequences.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 6:45 pm

KitLily wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The current piling on top of the former Duke and Dutchess of Sussex is emboldening some notable gutter comments that crossed the line and are misogynistic.

The trouble is, most of the British media and many celebrities are in the gutter now, making disgusting comments about everything e.g. insulting Greta Thunberg.

Britain is a disgusting country now. And I'm English btw.

Virtually, the entire media industry is a disgrace.
Biased reporting to service a narrative.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 6:51 pm

KitLily wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
KitLily wrote:
The trouble is, most of the British media and many celebrities are in the gutter now, making disgusting comments about everything e.g. insulting Greta Thunberg.
Sadly, true. It's infantile, malicious and it's getting worse.

It seems to me that it is now the fashion to behave like that: childish, rude, extreme, insensitive, as well as racist, sexist, homophobic etc. We are supposed to admire people like that and model ourselves on them or we are called woke PC leftie snowflakes and mocked.

I don't care about being mocked for that but we can't continue like this being overrun by children. We need some adults to step up.

Did you see about the Greta Thunberg/ Andrew Tate fiasco? It was hilarious! I've never seen karma happen so fast :lol:

Media elements supporting either political leaning act disgracefully, based on what I have seen.
No binarism here. 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 8:59 pm

It's more a matter of any than either.
Some are worse than others, generally the more tabloidish they are, the worse they'll be.
For some reason tabloids seem to mostly trend in a certain direction.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 3:32 am

funeralxempire wrote:
It's more a matter of any than either.
Some are worse than others, generally the more tabloidish they are, the worse they'll be.
For some reason tabloids seem to mostly trend in a certain direction.

Yes, but I was using a specific context.
A "Political one", not an opportunistic one to sell "newspapers".

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 8:28 am

Cornflake wrote:
Quote:
Did you see about the Greta Thunberg/ Andrew Tate fiasco? It was hilarious! I've never seen karma happen so fast :lol:
I did and I laughed out loud. Apparently Karma is not only a b***h - it can also be lightning fast! :lol:

It was so funny. He completely brought that on himself, and now he's in jail. mwah hahahahaha!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 3:30 pm

Cornflake wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
There is a royal code where the wife of the future King can pick a designer and due to royal heirarchy only she can wear the design in public.

Murdoch Press of course :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 3:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
The reason he is grovelling is that he went too far, and there was a tremendous backlash, and he has lost a contract from Amazon and may be concerned about further consequences.

same thing...consequences = backlash

However you want to paint it...he knows...he knew. Let's not kid ourselves.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 5:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Murdoch Press of course :lol:

I can mock the left-wing press, also.
Perhaps I am being partisan when I mock both sides. :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

same thing...consequences = backlash

However you want to paint it...he knows...he knew. Let's not kid ourselves.

How am I kidding myself?
He was out of line, and he got his arse whipped big time.
I am having trouble understanding where you are coming from.

To be klear, I am not defending him.
Are we on the same page now?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 9:21 am

Pepe wrote:

There's a left wing press is there? Where? Where? *looking* :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 8:54 pm

KitLily wrote:
Pepe wrote:

There's a left wing press is there? Where? Where? *looking* :lol:

I think he means VICE, the Guardian and the BBC

The BBC has become the favourite scapegoat for rightwingers who blame them for injecting woke in all their media, especially historic documentaries.