Prince Harry says William attacked him during row

Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 3:09 pm

American Broadcasting Company

Quote:
Prince Harry alleges in a much-anticipated new memoir that his brother Prince William lashed out and physically attacked him during a furious argument over the brothers’ deteriorating relationship, The Guardian reported Thursday.

The newspaper said it obtained an advance copy of the book, “Spare,” due to be published next week.

It said Harry recounts a 2019 argument at his Kensington Palace home, in which he says William called Harry’s wife, the former actress Meghan Markle, “difficult,” “rude” and “abrasive.” Harry claims William grabbed his brother by the collar and ripped his necklace before knocking him down, the newspaper said.

“I landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me,” the book is quoted as saying. “I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out.”

Harry says he had “scrapes and bruises” as a result of the tussle. William later apologized, the extract says.

Separately, celebrity website Page Six reported that the book alleges William and his now-wife Kate encouraged Harry to wear a Nazi uniform to a costume party in 2005. Harry has repeatedly apologized and called the decision one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 8:17 pm

It would seem the entire family tormented poor old Harry. According to his biography his father "sadistically" (his words) made fun of his parentage throughout his life.

This issue again has been resurrected by the media because of Harry's mother Diana having a long illicit relationship with the rather dashing Major James Hewitt.

You can make up your own mind

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 9:26 pm

cyberdad wrote:
It would seem the entire family tormented poor old Harry. According to his biography his father "sadistically" (his words) made fun of his parentage throughout his life.

This issue again has been resurrected by the media because of Harry's mother Diana having a long illicit relationship with the rather dashing Major James Hewitt.

I despise this kind of gossip.

Harry looks more like Diana's brother.

I have no doubt that if parentage were truly under dispute from within the family, they'd have done a DNA test. Since Harry was never removed from the line of succession, I doubt the worry was ever all that real. Or maybe they did test and proved he was legitimate.

And one more tidbit: apparently Diana didn't meet James Hewitt until after Harry was born.

Honestly, the speculation is hurtful and mean. Can you imagine growing up with something like that?

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 05 Jan 2023, 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 9:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
American Broadcasting Company
Quote:
Prince Harry alleges in a much-anticipated new memoir that his brother Prince William lashed out and physically attacked him during a furious argument over the brothers’ deteriorating relationship, The Guardian reported Thursday.

The newspaper said it obtained an advance copy of the book, “Spare,” due to be published next week.

It said Harry recounts a 2019 argument at his Kensington Palace home, in which he says William called Harry’s wife, the former actress Meghan Markle, “difficult,” “rude” and “abrasive.” Harry claims William grabbed his brother by the collar and ripped his necklace before knocking him down, the newspaper said.

“I landed on the dog’s bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me,” the book is quoted as saying. “I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out.”

Harry says he had “scrapes and bruises” as a result of the tussle. William later apologized, the extract says.

Separately, celebrity website Page Six reported that the book alleges William and his now-wife Kate encouraged Harry to wear a Nazi uniform to a costume party in 2005. Harry has repeatedly apologized and called the decision one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

I would have preferred he had not stooped to that level of revelation.

I support Harry and Meghan, I really do. They were put into a difficult position and ultimately made a pragmatic decision. There is no real future for the "spare," and I honestly believe its better that they make their own way than that they fall into the traps Prince Andrew has. Still, I would think Harry would hold a firm line to protect his father, his brother, and the monarchy. Or maybe he considers the institution so broken he sees his role as helping to tear it all down. Regardless, its sad.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 11:29 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I despise this kind of gossip.

Harry looks more like Diana's brother.

I have no doubt that if parentage were truly under dispute from within the family, they'd have done a DNA test. Since Harry was never removed from the line of succession, I doubt the worry was ever all that real. Or maybe they did test and proved he was legitimate.

And one more tidbit: apparently Diana didn't meet James Hewitt until after Harry was born.

Honestly, the speculation is hurtful and mean. Can you imagine growing up with something like that?

Agreed, but Harry has explicitly mentioned the torment his father (King Charles) put him through. This is not tabloid trash or idle gossip, this is on the record from the second born son of the King of England.

This now complicates things. Can you feel sorry for Harry but can you also accuse him of lying? I believe him about his father. Charles has very little redeeming characteristics, he was a typical spoilt child of royalty and probably not much better than Andrew except he and his brother Edward were better at controlling their playboy urges or hid it better than Andy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 11:39 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I support Harry and Meghan, I really do. They were put into a difficult position and ultimately made a pragmatic decision. There is no real future for the "spare," and I honestly believe its better that they make their own way than that they fall into the traps Prince Andrew has. Still, I would think Harry would hold a firm line to protect his father, his brother, and the monarchy. Or maybe he considers the institution so broken he sees his role as helping to tear it all down. Regardless, its sad.

I think Megan and Harry have been provoked into a corner and are lashing out. Underlying everything is that there is hierarchical divisions with the Windsor family and extended family. Just look at seating arrangements during royal events like Charles's upcoming coronation. What they call tradition is actually quite cringeworthy and medieval.

William and Kate are praised, but I am not sure what exactly they have done to deserve praise except keep quiet and follow royal protocol. A little like watching trained equestrian riders prancing around on show ponies. Not much skill involved, other than look the part.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 12:56 am

Meghan...
Beautiful on the outside...

...Ugly on the inside...
Poor Harry, the lost soul...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 4:49 am

Harry may have breached a military code when he revealed he killed 25 Afghans during his time flying copters.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... 05d8e7b18e

No details whether the head count includes women and children?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 6:27 am

cyberdad wrote:

A lot alike in coloration. Hair and skin.

But not much alike in bone structure, nor other features.

Well...thats my humble opinion.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:28 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

A lot alike in coloration. Hair and skin.

But not much alike in bone structure, nor other features.

Well...thats my humble opinion.

He does have a resemblance to his brother (which is from Diana) but struggling to see typical Windsor" features from his father

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:30 pm

Nope

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:31 pm

Yep

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:31 pm

Nope

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:45 pm

So even after pointing out the timing is impossible, you can't let it go?

He looks like Diana's uncle. The nose is neither Diana's nor Major Hewitts. He shares nothing but coloring with Mr. Hewitt, and that easily came from Diana's side of the family. My curiosity can be easily ignited by gossip, so I've studied the photos. Not to mention, that pesky timing. You are off-base. So just ... DROP IT.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 8:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Nope

Are you smoking dust?

Granted in that one pick the mayor and the prince have their heads cocked at just the right angle so they kinda look alike. But you could get the Queen of England to look like Whoopie Goldberg if you found the right pair of pics of their respective heads cocked just the right way. :lol:

In all of your pics the prince looks a lot like King Chuck. Goofy big ass nose and big ears and wide mouth. Nothing like square jawed, and even features of Hewitt. Give us a break! :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 3:14 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
So even after pointing out the timing is impossible, you can't let it go?

He looks like Diana's uncle. The nose is neither Diana's nor Major Hewitts. He shares nothing but coloring with Mr. Hewitt, and that easily came from Diana's side of the family. My curiosity can be easily ignited by gossip, so I've studied the photos. Not to mention, that pesky timing. You are off-base. So just ... DROP IT.

You do realise the accusations/my post and Harry's own words against his father are about the Windsors (not the Spencers).
Please read.