Do Aspies miss their partners?

Page 7 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 9:57 am

Silence23 wrote:
I was in a 1 1/2 year relationship with the person I loved most of all persons in my life. In the beginning I often missed her, and wanted to be with her every minute day and night. Towards the end I "ghosted" her and didn't understand her complaints about it. I wasn't interested in seeing her anymore. So she broke up with me, which was traumatic for me.

May be a combination of being schizoid and autistic at the same time.

This is a serious risk for guys on the spectrum. May this serve as a warning for others.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 10:09 am

That's right....."Don't burn your bridges."

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 12:11 pm

MaxE wrote:
Silence23 wrote:
I was in a 1 1/2 year relationship with the person I loved most of all persons in my life. In the beginning I often missed her, and wanted to be with her every minute day and night. Towards the end I "ghosted" her and didn't understand her complaints about it. I wasn't interested in seeing her anymore. So she broke up with me, which was traumatic for me.

This is a serious risk for guys on the spectrum. May this serve as a warning for others.

It’s a risk for women on the spectrum too.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 12:22 pm

Oh no, we never miss anyone because we apies are all cold heartless emotionless androids.

And that is what is known as sarcasm. :roll:

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2023, 3:43 pm

MaxE wrote:
Silence23 wrote:

Another risk is that they feel unloved when they are in a relationship with you. So you may have to learn how to show love. Other than sex. Sex does not make them feel loved. Though cuddling after sex helps.

organicbutcher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2023, 5:04 am

Your thoughts are very valid. I remember early on in our relationship with my now fiancee, when we were apart from school over summer breaks, it would seem as though they didn't exist. Granted, we had about forty to fifty minutes between us both--I was and am the only individual with a car---and I was very over-worked and overstimulated and overwhelmed by retail work. I sank into 'living' online because, at the present of my cramped house with my parents, it was the only escape. Even though we'd talk via the chat online, I could be short, curt, and sometimes downright rude only because my mind was just too involved in everything else.

Even currently, I struggle very hard with expressing comfort and empathy, much to their discouragement. And disappointment, at times, I expect. It's been a long near-decade for us both, and they've stuck with me despite my unknown autism all throughout.

I'm unsure if my words may prove helpful but I hope in some way this is of aid to you.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 7:03 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Oh no, we never miss anyone because we apies are all cold heartless emotionless androids.

Agreed. 8)

lostonearth35 wrote:
And that is what is known as sarcasm. :roll:

Oh, then disregard what I said. :mrgreen:

Someone might think you are wrong:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

23 Mar 2023, 12:36 am

Pepe wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Agreed. 8)

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.