"if guns are outlawed only violent criminals will have guns.

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Jan 2023, 3:00 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
You're half way there. You'll get the rest of the way when you accept that Both major political parties are responsible for all of this nonsense and that one of them getting you to point fingers at the other one is just part of their divide and conquer ruling strategy.

It's really easy for Big Money to influence both parties.

Things that I, an European, find ridiculous, like clothline bans, can be easily explained that way: people who invest big money in real estate in the area want their assets to grow. Individual freedoms of people living there do not matter from the perspective of American Aristocracy. In an ideology that tries to make a virtue of greed, they may even be venerated for it. Probably.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 3:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

You're half way there. You'll get the rest of the way when you accept that Both major political parties are responsible for all of this nonsense and that one of them getting you to point fingers at the other one is just part of their divide and conquer ruling strategy.

Fair enough.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 3:27 pm

Hates to be agreeing with Goldfish, on anykind of regular basis . And also hopes for further deregulation . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 09 Jan 2023, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 3:29 pm

Jakki wrote:
Hates to be agreeing with Holdfish , on anykind of regular basis . And also hopes for further deregulation . :D

:lol: :roll: :heart: :D

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 3:52 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
Radish wrote:
Jakki wrote:
So you might see a need for a gun for a person in my shoes , living were i have

Yes indeed, if you live in what sounds like a war zone, best be prepared. Thankfully here in the UK it isn't necessary.

In the UK you have been pacified by your aristocracy since the middle ages. You are basically upgraded serfs. The Americans gained their freedom by taking up arms against that aristocracy. That's why they celebrate gun ownership to this day.

:lol:

Americans are not nearly as free as they're led to believe they are.

All kinds of restrictive and prohibitive laws on the books, a zillion different things people can't do without getting permission from some level of government or another.. hunting, fishing, planting food, building structures, selling goods or services etc etc etc. Pretty highly regulated society for "free," people. (Similar in Canada.)

Being told that we're "free," is a wonderfully effective marketing campaign by our respective governments, though. I'll give them that much. Such a good job they've done incorporating those lyrics into the special corporate songs, too.

America just like anywhere else in the world is obviously only a land of "freedom" if you're super rich or if you belong to some sort of privileged ruling class.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 4:07 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
Radish wrote:
Jakki wrote:
So you might see a need for a gun for a person in my shoes , living were i have

Yes indeed, if you live in what sounds like a war zone, best be prepared. Thankfully here in the UK it isn't necessary.

In the UK you have been pacified by your aristocracy since the middle ages. You are basically upgraded serfs. The Americans gained their freedom by taking up arms against that aristocracy. That's why they celebrate gun ownership to this day.

:lol:

Americans are not nearly as free as they're led to believe they are.

All kinds of restrictive and prohibitive laws on the books, a zillion different things people can't do without getting permission from some level of government or another.. hunting, fishing, planting food, building structures, selling goods or services etc etc etc. Pretty highly regulated society for "free," people. (Similar in Canada.)

Being told that we're "free," is a wonderfully effective marketing campaign by our respective governments, though. I'll give them that much. Such a good job they've done incorporating those lyrics into the special corporate songs, too.

America just like anywhere else in the world is obviously only a land of "freedom" if you're super rich or if you belong to some sort of privileged ruling class.

That’s precisely why the phrase “Money is freedom,” exists.

Money buys you time to do whatever you want with. No money? Gotta work and struggle vs do whatever you want.

Although there are many poor people who live lives rich in experiences. I know many on disability/welfare etc that basically spend as much time as possible in the sunshine at the beach instead of just sitting at home dwelling on being poor. They don’t have the freedom to travel or eat well, but they at least make the most of what they have.

Last edited by goldfish21 on 09 Jan 2023, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

That’s precisely why the phrase “Money is freedom,” exists.

Money buys you time to do whatever you want with. No money? Gotta work and struggle vs do whatever you want.

Although there are many poor people who live lives rich in experiences. I know many on disability/welfare etc that basically spend as much time as possible on the sunshine at the beach instead of just sitting at home dwelling on being poor. They don’t have the freedom to travel or eat well, but they at least make the most of what they have.

Sounds like me 8)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 4:57 pm

Needs to relocate to a beach ! in a Reasonably safe area ....! :heart: hopefully with No guns . :skull:

Inspite of Mexico reputation for Drug activity and etc. , When i was in my 20s spent a absolutely lovely weekend on the beach area in a fixed based Camper rental on the Beach in Rosarito , Mexico, once upon a time , Invited by a few girlfriends . Had one of the best Apple pies, i ever had there aswell.From the village bakery. Felt no Worries on my safety,there , during that time even for a moment.. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 5:06 pm

Jakki wrote:
Needs to relocate to a beach ! in a Reasonably safe area ....! :heart: hopefully with No guns . :skull:

Inspite of Mexico reputation for Drug activity and etc. , When i was in my 20s spent a absolutely lovely weekend on the beach area in a fixed based Camper rental on the Beach in Rosarito , Mexico, once upon a time , Invited by a few girlfriends . Had one of the best Apple pies, i ever had there aswell.From the village bakery. Felt no Worries on my safety,there , during that time even for a moment.. :D

I myself have learned that Mexico is like most anywhere else in the world. It has its good parts and bad parts. :)