Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Scottbraveheart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2023, 3:29 am

Hi! I'm new here and hoping to find some people to connect with. I'm assuming many here like me have a hard time making friends and being alone and isolated isn't doing me any good. I do have some social anxiety from being bullied as a kid so it's hard meeting people. It would be nice to find a place were I don't feel like an outsider anymore.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 6:10 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Since you live in Washington State, you might be interested in the Square Pegs Adult Autistic Meetup Group.

To help you find potential friends here on Wrong Planet, I would suggest that you edit your profile to include a signature line that briefly mentions your hobbies/interests and anything else you think potential friends would be interested to know about you.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 6:33 am

welcome, you will find acceptance and understanding here, glad you are with us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 9:40 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. There are many people in this world. Some are introverts (like us) and others are extroverts. Extroverts restore their energy by being in a group of people. They talk and talk and talk and before long they have recharged their internal batteries and are good to go. But introverts are very different. They need to be alone to restore themselves.

From my experience, I do not need to have a lot of friends. Just one or two good friends is all I need. But you have to take the initiative to find them. They are all around you. About half of the people in the world are introverts. They do not normally join groups of extroverts, they occupy other groups. But they do exist.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 11:39 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

Scottbraveheart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2023, 5:17 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 7:01 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 3:14 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet, as I can understand your difficulty as trying to make friends is never easy, in fact I don't have any friends in my real/mundane and boring life.Anyways, I feel you'll make a great deal of friends here.