Populist left has become vulnerable to the populist right

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 9:32 am

I really don't believe most people fall within the two extremes.

The people who don't "fall within the two extremes" have to be less apathetic and fearful of the "extremists."

My way is to point out the absurdities of both "extremes."

I'm not a politician. I'm not in the "inner circle." All I can do, really, is to pursue my life on a microcosmic level. Think of broader, abstract things, but rely on what I actually notice in "real life," rather than focus on the Abstract.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 9:45 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
MAGA folks think “Making America Great Again” involves installing Trump as Dictator for Life.

And Woke folks think that the US is so irredeemably racist and evil that they practically beg for its destruction.

They don’t want to destroy the country, just thoughts that they don’t agree with.

MaxE wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
And Woke folks think that the US is so irredeemably racist and evil that they practically beg for its destruction.

People with your attitude are a bigger threat than the MAGAs, because they fly under the radar but are doing an untold amount of damage to our democracy.

We don’t have nearly the weaponry nor the organization of the MAGA’s. And we tend to be a despirated bunch. That is because MAGA’s and wokes have a basic enemy they are trying fight. We are opposing two sides.

There is no organized movement of "wokes" to fight against.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2020/jan/21/how-the-word-woke-was-weaponised-by-the-right

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 10:01 am

MaxE wrote:
People with your attitude are a bigger threat than the MAGAs, because they fly under the radar but are doing an untold amount of damage to our democracy.

No it's more like people just like you and the MAGAs who are the biggest threat to people just like me.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 10:15 am

MaxE wrote:

EDIT and the irony is that if a fascist government were to come into power, you could be one of the first victims.

Another irony is that I would most likely be a victim in a Marxist America too considering the fact that other marxist societies have a history of violating the basic human rights of LGBTQ citizens like they do in China and Cuba.

Know what I always find amusing? The same liberals in the US and Canada who pretend to care about the rights of homosexuals like me were the same people praising Fidel Castro as a Marxist Hero for standing up to American Imperialism when you consider the fact that Fidel was responsible for sending many homosexuals in Cuba to concentration camps during his reign.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Jan 2023, 10:15 am

! magz wrote:
Just a general reminder:
Please, no tumbling down to getting personal.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 11:32 am

Anyways I'm not so sure that the woke doesnt want to destroy this country. Seeing as I've literally seen these people all over the internet say "The system is racist and needs to be destroyed!"

And then they turn around and deny it just like the MAGAs supporting Trump for Dictator who think if they repeat a lie enough times then people will believe it and they can use it against their enemies. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 12:06 pm

The US isn't perfect-----but it's a solid country in many ways.

Things have to improve...but to gut the US would be disastrous.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 12:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The US isn't perfect-----but it's a solid country in many ways.

Things have to improve...but to gut the US would be disastrous.

I actually agree, which I know seems odd coming from me. But I don't want to see my country destroyed. I want things to get better and frankly neither the right nor the left has any good solutions to our current turmoil.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 12:45 pm

The “centrist” think tanks have got to get a move on….

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 1:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The “centrist” think tanks have got to get a move on….

I agree with that too.