Prime: A tale of fools and their money

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 11:01 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nline.html

Lol what’s wrong with people ?

It’s a bottled drink, not even worth the retail price. Yet people are paying up to 100gbp for it.. and buying EMPTY bottles
for more than new full bottles sell for ??

Is this some sort of medical study to find out which British babies were dropped on their heads or something ? ? :? None of this makes any sense whatsoever.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 4:47 am

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw it being reported. Strange how some so called social media influencers can create such a frenzied response from their true believers. It's a bottle of overpriced sugar water for fecks sake. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jan 2023, 10:09 am

Am I the only one who read the tittle & thought this thread was about people wasting their money buying cr@p off Amazon :?: :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm

nick007 wrote:
Am I the only one who read the tittle & thought this thread was about people wasting their money buying cr@p off Amazon :?: :lol:

Whoops, didn't mean to mislead like that. I don't use Amazon prime so wasn't really thinking that - but since I've wasted way too much time on Facebook over the last few days or so I've seen a few articles pop up about this stupid drink selling like crazy in the UK. Was just super weird to read that people are going nuts over buying some lame energy drink in a bottle.. of all the things consumers go nuts for - a bottled drink?? It's not like it's even some real tangible lasting thing like trying to get a toy for a kid when it comes out, or the latest release of a video game (these things are Also stupid to lineup overnight for, but a little more understandable), or concert tickets that are in very short supply and high demand... but some stupid drink sold by some internetfaceguy ?? :? Weirdos! :roll:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 2:54 pm

Now it's made local news how stupid it is that a $3 drink is reselling for up to $250 for literally no reason besides stupid people with too much money to spend:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/logan-p ... lling-ebay

Makes me wonder if they sell it here and I should be shipping this isht out by the case.. :lol: :roll:

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 7:51 pm

nick007 wrote:

I also thought that.

wheelz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm

Seems to me this is proof that some people have more money than they have brains.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 3:04 pm

A things value is whatever one person is willing to pay for it. Its cost is not the same thing.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 3:54 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I also thought that.

Me too :lol: I've never paid for Prime but always used the free trials (binge the TV available) and cancel it before you have to pay.