Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 7:56 am

! magz wrote:
Split from viewtopic.php?f=27&t=409657

I am not too deep in the mental health field, admittedly, but I do rub shoulders with it here and there. Seems to me medications can provide a bandage to assist people to get their life on a better track, but the only thing that truly heals our minds is Jesus. He also heals our bodies. Until people get this, there will be no true healing.

I hope to be a solely Christian healer someday. Right now, the secular world pays me so I cannot fully practice in that capacity, but it is my goal because I love people and want to see them live their best lives which God intends for everyone. God has a plan for everyone, and He doesn't want anyone to be steeped in sadness and disillusionment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 7:58 am

People have to be responsible for themselves.

God, Jesus, etc can only do so much.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:20 am

Have you never known the healing power of Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2023, 8:33 am

I know the healing power of honesty.
If faith and the concept of salvation can help one face their own shortcomings and become someone better, that's great. Plenty of such people in the history.

On the other hand, shoving Jesus downs someone else's throat is never good.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:40 am

magz wrote:
I know the healing power of honesty.
If faith and the concept of salvation can help one face their own shortcomings and become someone better, that's great. Plenty of such people in the history.

On the other hand, shoving Jesus downs someone else's throat is never good.

I don't shove. I love.

I tried to be 'better' and 'healthier' on my own. I studied the big religions and read all the self-help books of the day but nothing ever changed more than a few days. Then I gave my life to God and accepted Jesus as my Savior and the Holy Spirit changed me from the inside out. It was a miracle and not something I could achieve on my own even after decades of trying. Other born-again Christians offer the same story.

Show me one person who is able to love unconditionally (in action, not just in words) who is not a born-again Christian.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2023, 8:44 am

My husband.

But if you want it as a proof of anything - how do you objectively measure if someone loves unconditionally, so we could dispute? How do you prove it to someone else?

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:48 am

magz wrote:
How do you objectively measure if someone really loves unconditionally?

I would say because they continue to do good things for you even when they are persecuted, or treated unfairly. Jesus has a lot of verses about that; loving someone even when you are beaten by them.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is

love,
joy,
peace,
forbearance,
kindness,
goodness,
faithfulness,
gentleness
and self-control.

Against such things there is no law.” ~The Apostle Paul

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:49 am

magz wrote:
My husband.

But if you want it as a proof of anything - how do you objectively measure if someone loves unconditionally, so we could dispute? How do you prove it to someone else?

Oh, yeah? Does your husband show everyone unconditional love, or just you and family?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2023, 8:51 am

Then fruit of Spirit are all around us, easily crossing divides of religions.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 8:53 am

magz wrote:
Then fruit of Spirit are all around us, easily crossing divides of religions.

It may be here and there sporadically. But no one can maintain the fruits of the spirit unless born-again in Jesus Christ.
The fruits of the spirit are the manifestations of unconditional love.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2023, 8:58 am

MissMary227 wrote:
Oh, yeah? Does your husband show everyone unconditional love, or just you and family?
Do you?

People I've met who claimed to "unconditionally love everyone" happened to practically always have a pretty harmful, uncontrolled "dark side" :(
People who accepted their own limitations, however, tend not to - their dark side is brought to the light and it makes it controllable.

You can translate the above to Christian theology, in terms of humility and facing one's own sinfulness.

Don't become a modern Pharisee. It's always too easy.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 9:06 am

magz wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:
Do you?

I do. It has taken me a while and it's not an easy road to get here, much suffering and sacrificing had to happen, the hardest being to self. But there is nothing like it. Because I can focus on God (versus myself as with humanist religions or false gods like Buddism) I can let go of my selfishness and need to be first unto a divine Being Who made the universe and everything in it. It's not a vain notion. Then in turn He rewards me with peace and contentment which I never knew in the world.

I serve Him, He takes care of my every need.

I guess my question about your husband was 'no' since you did not answer it. That is why I offer a new way to people. I just want them to know what I have learned and not to have to endure destruction and dissatisfaction one more day.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2023, 9:15 am

MissMary227 wrote:
magz wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:
Do you?
I do.
Then keep bringing true peace to our site - to everyone, left-wing and right-wing, of every faith and faithless.
Make it real so everyone sees.

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2023, 9:24 am

magz wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:
magz wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:
Do you?
I do.
Then keep bringing true peace to our site - to everyone, left-wing and right-wing, of every faith and faithless.
Make it real so everyone sees.

I do not come to bring peace but the truth. There is love in the Truth.

For those who are aligned with the truth, it will be peaceful. For those that are not, it will make them feel unsettled.

But feeling unsettled is the Holy Spirit's way of aligning people with God's will.

I also am here to show unconditional love. Even if you are mean to me and treat me (or others) unfairly, I will still love you and show you love. Because you are more important than I am, and because I am God's ambassador in love.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2023, 9:27 am

Then how about the Fruit of the Spirit you listed? Are they how you prove unconditional love or not?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 9:31 am

Jesus wasn’t licensed to do rape kits, resuscitate my heart. or remove, reconstruct and repair or replace my internal organs.

I left that to my doctors.