Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2023, 9:43 am

I've been following the Idaho college student murders and arrest of Bryan Kohberger. Several former classmates say they thought he was autistic. Descriptions of his social behavior also sounds like it. If you google "Kohberger autistic" stuff will pop up.

I'd hate to think a quadruple murderer is autistic. I'd like to think he's a sociopathic NT. Autistics DO have a heightened sense of justice and doing the right thing, while a sociopath has no conscience and will kill for fun or revenge over being spurned by a woman.

The difference between a psychopath and sociopath: Psychopaths can trick people and manipulate them into being followers because they're charismatic and skilled at reading people, predicting their intentions, getting inside their head -- all the things an autistic cannot do. They present as successful and often ARE successful and are regarded as very normal.

A sociaopath is a "sloppy psychopath" and, to nearly everyone, it's obvious something's not right. They are NOT savvy and charismatic or slick-talking, and people easily see they have mental issues. Wouldn't an NT sociopath be "socially awkward," the very term that many are describing Kohberger's history?

If anyone is closely following this case, I have a question: How the heck did detectives know to visit his parents' house after obtaining the DNA from the victims' house? I keep hearing that trash from his parents' house contained DNA that analysis showed was the father of the person whose DNA was left at the crime scene on a knife sheath. But WHAT led detectives to Kohberger's parents' house to begin with? Can't find the answer anywhere.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 4:51 pm

Just what we need. Another autistic serial killer post.

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2023, 7:24 pm

Maybe ... but since he was going for a masters in criminal justice, my guess is he wanted to see if he could pull off the perfect crime and get away with it. And he almost did.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 7:28 pm

Just what we need . . . more untrained armchair psychologists rendering their unqualified opinions on an accused murderer's alleged state of mind without ever having examined or analyzed the object of their speculations.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2023, 8:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
Just what we need . . . more untrained armchair psychologists rendering their unqualified opinions on an accused murderer's alleged state of mind without ever having examined or analyzed the object of their speculations.

Yet the psychiatrists for both sides of a high-profile murder case will totally disagree with each other. They can't BOTH be right. One says the defendant has schizophrenia and didn't know right from wrong. The opposing "expert" will insist the defendant is sane, knew what he was doing and is a psychopath. Both sides, both with 30 years of experience in studying the criminal mind, both Harvard graduates with an MD in psychiatry -- yet both with totally opposing diagnoses.

So even the "experts" can't get it right, because when the experts disagree, they both can't be right. One of them is clearly wrong.

If Kohberg pleads insanity, the prosecuting side's shrink will disagree, as they always do. Until there's a biomarker for sociopathy, psychopathy, schizophrenia, bipolar, etc., everyone and anyone gets to play armchair.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 8:26 pm

Elgee wrote:
. . . because when the experts disagree, they both can't be right. One of them is clearly wrong. . .
That may both be correct.  If you dial back their rhetoric, you can plainly see that they are both impling that the defendant is "Nutty as a Fruitcake".

Exactly what kind of nuts remains to be determined.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 11:11 pm

Too many think social awkwardness and autism are synonyms.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2023, 10:16 am

I would be interested to know what condition people think Kai the hatchet wielding hitchhiker has. There is a documentary on Netflix (USA) right now about him from 2013. Kohlberger seems like a delusional narcissist to me. The Hitchiker documentary is interesting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 10:19 am

Kohberger is an as*hole murderer. So what if he’s autistic! (If he actually committed the murders).

No excuse for what he did. Stop making excuses for him. He deserves to be hung by his balls (yes, if he did actually commit the murders).

It’s okay for people to analyze him. It’s natural for people to want to know why.

But there’s no justification for murder under these conditions. Even if the murderer feels psychologically tortured.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2023, 12:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Kohberger is an as*hole murderer. So what if he’s autistic! (If he actually committed the murders).

No excuse for what he did. Stop making excuses for him. He deserves to be hung by his balls (yes, if he did actually commit the murders).

It’s okay for people to analyze him. It’s natural for people to want to know why.

But there’s no justification for murder under these conditions. Even if the murderer feels psychologically tortured.

Some people wonder about criminals because they have low level jobs that put them in harms way of criminals: prison guards, social workers, counselors, probation officers, plumbers etc…

I think it is interesting that when I went to college, Psychology 201 covered Freud, Jung and Skinner. Most of that except for some of Skinner is considered junk science.

There are people in positions with a little power over people’s lives that think they know something about Psychology because they took some Physchology classes.

It is not a bad discussion to have. It seems to me like people don’t want to have it. Some people seem to think, I went to college so I know that stuff. It seems kinda ridiculous to me.

There are people whose lives are on the line wondering about what makes people tick. For them it would seem like a worthy subject.

One thing I wonder about when people say something like he should be hung by the balls is the fact that someone would actually have to tasked with that. I guess that is being too literal. But, in real life someone is tasked with everything.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:28 pm

I would be proud to be “tasked” with that.

My mother just died, before she wanted to die. I feel like someone killing someone else before they want to die, for absolutely no reason, should be put on the rack at least. Would you like your life snuffed out for no reason?

This person took 4 LIVES, for crying out loud!

I took a few psychology courses. I’m no expert. One doesn’t have to be an expert to know that killing someone for no reason goes way beyond the pale.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2023, 2:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would be proud to be “tasked” with that.

My mother just died, before she wanted to die. I feel like someone killing someone else before they want to die, for absolutely no reason, should be put on the rack at least. Would you like your life snuffed out for no reason?

This person took 4 LIVES, for crying out loud!

I took a few psychology courses. I’m no expert. One doesn’t have to be an expert to know that killing someone for no reason goes way beyond the pale.

I only mentioned Kohlberger as a side note because this thread was about him. I don’t have any particular interest in him.

If you want to denigrate my interests or contributions I am fine with that. I will certainly analyze your desire to do so.

Perhaps, the people who denigrate psychoanalysis on here lack theory of mind. That’s ok with me.

I generally like irony and take note of it.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 2:14 pm

if you Google ANYTHING plus "Autistic" something pops up. It doesn't make if factual. Honestly, do you WANT him to be autistic or something? I hope not - because that would be creepy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:00 pm

How am I “denigrating your interests,” JimJohn? I have no desire to do so. Your “analysis” will come to nothing.

What I said has nothing to do with you—and everything to do with autism not being an excuse for murdering someone.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:41 pm

If he committed this crime he would likely have the Dark Triad personality cluster involving Criminal Psychopathy, Machiavellianism, and NPD, none of which match any of the criteria for ASD.

Psychopathy:

Manipulative
Impulsive
Lack of empathy
Lack of remorse
Sadism
Sexual deviance

Machiavellianism:

Socially corrupt
Meticulous planning
Low levels of morality
Interest in personal gain / ego
Interest in power and victory
No mercy
Anti-Social PD

Narcissism:

Attention Seeking
Grandiosity
Idealised view of self
Self-centred
Spoilt
Entitled and bitter

He could also have Incel motivation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 8:56 pm

Elgee wrote:

If anyone is closely following this case, I have a question: How the heck did detectives know to visit his parents' house after obtaining the DNA from the victims' house? I keep hearing that trash from his parents' house contained DNA that analysis showed was the father of the person whose DNA was left at the crime scene on a knife sheath. But WHAT led detectives to Kohberger's parents' house to begin with? Can't find the answer anywhere.

I believe the family was triangulated using the Ancestry dot com DNA database.

They were lead to his PA house because of his vehicle being found on the UI campus, his cell phone records matching the location of the car / crime, and ID taken during two previous traffic stop violations in Idaho which included photo ID and his vehicle registration. He switched his plates from PA to WA shortly after the crime. Don’t forget there was an eye witness sighting of him (or a man matching his description) at the home after the crime. He even returned twice in the morning to surveil the house.