Three BBC News presenters quit as BBC cuts news channel

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 3:26 pm

Three top BBC News presenters have quit the channel after being asked to audition for their jobs.

David Eades, Joanna Gosling, and Tim Willcox have reportedly taken voluntary redundancy amid the BBC's plans to merge its international and UK news channels.

Eades has presented his final show already, with Gosling expected to leave at the end of January while Wilcox's final day is yet to be decided.

The trio have decided not to take part in the recruitment process for a team of six lead presenters for the new channel that will combine the UK's 24-hour news with BBC World News.

Will be sorry to see Joanna go. She's a great presenter.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bre ... dium=email

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 5:56 pm

The BBC have been running down their news service for a few years now. I like to see what is going on in the world on my Freeview box each morning while I have breakfast. The BBC 24 channel is usually a write-off featuring human interest stories from some member of the public they've dragged in from the street to recount how they've turned their life around after blah blah blah. Or some random singer or charity worker etc. All of which are OK, but I want to know what is going on in the world.
Sky News is quite a lot better and features news from around the world but tends to get bogged down in UK politics ad-nauseum.
Aljazeera is the best of the three channels as it does give lots of international news coverage.
So of the three I rate the BBC News 24 the worst. They used to be good. :shrug:

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 3:39 am

This mornings news:
Aljazeera: Demonstrations is Tunisia which is rapidly becoming a dictatorship. Concerns in Israel about changes to their judiciary system which may also push Israel into more conflict internally and externally.
Sky News: War in Ukraine and Britain sending tanks. Germany and US urged to do the same.
BBC News 24: A dustbin lorry has been painted pink.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2023, 11:38 am

I for one applaud any news organization who wants to be more positive. Humans are addicted to negative news.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 12:53 am

Does anyone watch mainstream news anymore?