Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

WearingMySweater
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jan 2023, 1:07 pm

I have a job that has been remote thus far but may be in person much more frequently soon. I'm really bad at knowing how to dress professionally and hate the way clothes like that feel. Does anyone have advice on how to handle this?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 1:20 pm

I hate the way most clothing feels on my skin - I typically wear a base layer (of something I do like the feel of) underneath my work clothes when I have to be out in public. Another tip is to have business-wear tailored to fit your body properly. It really helps keep things from riding up/down and sliding around or bunching up and causing even more irritation.

I also tend to "steal" ideas for looks from people. I have terrible fashion sense, but I know what looks good on other people, so I copy them.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2023, 1:30 pm

Cotton underclothes.

If you can't stand a polycotton collared shirt wear a pure cotton undershirt. I'm female so most of our smart colourful clothes are polyester things. I can't stand the feel, so I wear cotton t-shirts under them.

As far as a I gather from TV Americans find beige cotton trousers a smart casual look for work.