16 Jan 2023, 8:30 pm

Quote:
Mailmen (Person).

The male equivalent of "mail-order bride"? :lol:

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 8:32 pm

In the UK Royal Mail are currently crap. On strike regularly and letters taking weeks and months to arrive. (Still waiting for my tv remote control posted 1st class on jan 7th)

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 8:37 pm

We send and receive parcels with UK quite regularly and haven’t had any delays yet. Most things take about five days.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 8:54 pm

Service Update

Monday 16 January 2023

ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL EXPORT SERVICES

Royal Mail is experiencing severe service disruption to our international export services following a cyber incident.

We are temporarily unable to despatch items to overseas destinations. To support faster recovery when our service is restored and to prevent a build-up of export items in our network, we’re asking customers not to post international items until further notice. Items that have already been despatched may be subject to delays. We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for any disruption this incident is causing.

Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect delays of one to two days.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... ice-update

Bloody Russians..

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 9:26 pm

We just got something yesterday which was sent last week. I don’t think we’re expecting anything for a while now, at least not until Valentine’s.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 3:29 pm

I do not know the name(s) of our mail carrier.

The postal carrier's motto, '(LINK) "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" came to mind during the torrential rains and wind we recently experienced here in Calif.

Many thanks to the mail carreirs who were able to deliver our mail - despite the bad weather.

LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... vice_creed

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 4:47 pm

Ours doesn't run when it snows or if the low water bridge is up.
Not his fault about the snow, sometimes it takes days to clear the rural roads.We don’t get it regularly enough to have all the equipment to clear it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 6:07 pm

If we could get your mail through to anybody on the route,without affecting everybody elses mail ?
It goes through ! There are federal penalties that mailpersons , ( men)etc. have to try to avoid if anyone intentionally interferes with the mail process. At least when I was there. There is quite abit more than the public sees,that Letter carriers are tasked with doing. In the process of getting anyone letter where it is suppose to end up at.

where ever you go ,there you are

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 7:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was only kidding, by the way.

I remember “going Postal” as a term from the 80s as well.

Yes and with good reason. The US Postal service has done an impressive job at addressing the issue as they rarely have that problem any more. In spite of it being a generally more common issue in the country.

The games and movie of the same name are a guilty pleasure of mine when I'm really annoyed by people in general.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 7:59 am

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named wrote:
I was only kidding, by the way.

I remember “going Postal” as a term from the 80s as well.

Yes and with good reason. The US Postal service has done an impressive job at addressing the issue as they rarely have that problem any more. In spite of it being a generally more common issue in the country.

The games and movie of the same name are a guilty pleasure of mine when I'm really annoyed by people in general.

FYI You will not get a reply as they no longer post here.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2023, 8:10 pm

I've know a few of my mail carriers by name, first one I can recall was basically a family friend, my grandmother would leave soda on the stoop for him in the Summer. The Post Office is said to be one of the only positive interactions contemporary Americans have with government-aside from Social Security I guess.