For gods sake give me some decent neighbours

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:33 am

Everywhere I go I get drug dealers, people playing darts till 3am and court summonses for the previous tenant's aggro.

Maybe I'm jinxed?

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 7:42 am

Same with me. Whoever moves in above us always has some sort of OCD that makes them clean and vacuum all the time, insomnia that makes them awake all night bomping about, and agoraphobia where they very seldom leave their home. And if they have a baby it always has to be the miserable sort that doesn't stop screaming.

f**k neighbours. I hate them. If I was rich I would move far away from any human noise.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 8:05 am

Yes, at the moment I think neighbours are mainly a bunch of wankers. (I think most people in this block are OK, it's just the ones above me).

Some councils do over 30s/40s/50s/55s/60s bungalows so if you're not happy where you are it might be worth getting on some housing lists. I'm bidding on bungalows and flats every week as I'm not happy here.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 8:30 am

Unfortunately it's pot luck isn't it.

We've lived in our house for a long time. Most of the houses near us are rented. We've so far had:

A possible prostitute, because very dodgy looking men kept going in and out of her house 24/7.
A family who kept 5 cars in their garden which were rusting and rotting away.
A group of male waiters who worked for the takeaway, they were very loud and scary.
An elderly lady with a parrot which shouted and screamed every day.
A very angry man who hated foreigners and would lecture me whenever he could.
General people who always parked their numerous cars across our drive and kept slamming doors all day and night.

However, we are moving house next year just as we've got some nice neighbours. I reckon the landlords got fed up with their crazy tenants and found nice ones.

We now have a very nice plumber. A family with two small boys. An elderly Spanish couple. A single man who used to listen to loud podcasts at 5am outside our bedroom window. However I poured a jug of water onto his car roof one morning and he apologised for being loud and didn't do it again :lol:

So we're lucky now but it's hit and miss with neighbours isn't it...

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 8:41 am

Rossall wrote:
Everywhere I go I get drug dealers, people playing darts till 3am and court summonses for the previous tenant's aggro.

Maybe I'm jinxed?

Count yourself lucky, you could have a neighbour who tries to burn your house down, one who tries to strangle you or one that brings police armed response - just a few of the neighbours I've had.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 9:16 am

Recidivist wrote:
Count yourself lucky, you could have a neighbour who tries to burn your house down, one who tries to strangle you or one that brings police armed response - just a few of the neighbours I've had.

And there was I thinking Bethlehem was a quiet little town that Jesus went to...

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 9:18 am

On one side the neighbour is so quiet that I wonder if she died in bed three months ago… but she puts the bin out once a week so I think she’s still alive. The guy before her was a psycho. I got a bit worried when he bought his third Rottweiler. I genuinely thought he could beat me to death if I gave him a sideways glance. When I saw the for sale sign up on the house I felt like I’d won the lottery.

Some you win, some you lose. Bloody neighbours.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

beady
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 9:26 am

KitLily wrote:
However I poured a jug of water onto his car roof one morning and he apologised for being loud and didn't do it again.

Is the water to get rid of frost?
Did you mention the podcast noise?
How did he know to stop?
Just curious.

I try to maintain a semi friendly distance from my neighbors. I tried early on to be more friendly but that fell flat.
I’ve tried to establish a closer
relationship with a couple of other older ladies but they don’t seem interested at all.
There is a nice family right next door that are mostly busy with their own lives but at least they seem nice.
Most neighbors avoid me as odd and a couple are slightly hostile.
I like my home - it’s mostly quiet and mostly safe so i feel very fortunate.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:12 pm

i moved to a small town and noticed the people are nicer

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 5:38 pm

I moved to a large acreage in the country
So i have buffers.
My previous neighbours were lovely, but so noisy it was doing my nerves in.
The whole town was noisy in fact.
Cars reving, motorbikes screaming down the street at 2am, kids screaming, domestics
I dont miss it.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 5:45 pm

One side - tried to sue me because my cat stepped in their garden. Cuts said garden on hands and knees with manicure scissors and a bandana

other other side - tells me my hair is too long for my age and I should cut it. Critiques my daughters health by sight.

Begubd- begubd? Behind? Blasted a bullhorn in my digs digs digs digs DOGS face, sprayed him with ice water and kicked at him

* mind my ohh r phone

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 10:07 pm

The neighbors behind my house, has at least five dogs, that crawled into my backyard through a hole in the fence

September through December 2020, squatters lived next to my house and they had the nerve to put their trash in my garbage can. Then they set a fire to the house, and have not seen them since the fire. Someone had to call fire department

The house next to the squatters house, at least four dogs barking out of control

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 7:32 am

Sometimes I wonder if my upstairs neighbours make wine for a living, stamping on grapes. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:36 pm

Even in rural areas there can be noise.
I had one neighbor that kept blasting into a cave to expand it.This was when you could get blasting caps at the feed store.
Across the river was a crazed white supremacy kingdom identity nut so also blasting and lots of gun fire.
Luckily that is no more.One died the other moved.
But then they started a gravel mine across the river so again, lots of noise.
Thank goodness it’s finished.
Now it’s quiet. Except for occasional loud vehicles and military planes flying over every now and then.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 1:22 pm

The only neighbour noise that really bugs me is thumping about in the room above, and parties going on outside your window or any sort of music playing where you can hear or feel the vibration of the bass.

When I lived with my parents our next door neighbours (the house we were joined on to) were fairly noisy but it was easier to ignore them, one reason was because they were friendly and would often let us know if they were going to be doing any DIY work, and another reason is because they weren't above us any banging noises didn't really hurt my ears. Also my bedroom was on the other side of the house so I couldn't really hear them. And they didn't go on making noise all night.

Living below banging and thumping is so much more distressing for me. Today I had to take my ear defenders off to have a conversation with my boyfriend but the thumping noise above was so intense that I winced in agony and had to put my ear defenders back on again. I'm getting sick of living like this. I hate the c***s upstairs and their annoying miserable brat that's constantly screaming.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 1:52 pm

Could tell you stories about my 30 something years in the mobile home property that i got developed out in the distant areas .. Thought would have few or no neighbours.And life was hard but beautiful . But then others found the
area i was in and started buying property that was around me. And doing the mobile home thing. But these people had no scruples and no sense of honesty . I found out . Did try to befriend one .. not realizing he and his family were the worst of the lot .And he had sort his more distant relatives into buying the properties around us. He was their ringleader . Eventually a fence .
Was put up . And that seemed to challenge them. i guess . And found these people had no interest in honest earned money . And eventually started working together to loot our property whenever we had to leave for more than a few hours . And the wife had friends in the only local police for 80 miles. Never knew for sure if the wife was in on it .
But we could not get law enforcement help for the life of us . Situation finally With the help of a relative and his GF
Caused my husband his life :x :( , me being defrauded out of the home. And had to leave. Rural areas can be quite dangerous aswell. It is a story that is beyond belief unless you lived through it . Have left out 25 yrs of other abusive details Of people whom showed up in the area, With a few exceptions ,Got out there cause land was cheap and could afford it .Knew nothing about law stuff or developing land but learned And was trying to excape what I had thought was already a lifetimes worth of PTSD, In the city and 1st family etc.
In what was suppose to be a far away rural desert home on Acreage. With pretty veiws and mostly very quiet.
( oh yes and in a onetime local news blurb many years ago:the area was a dumping ground for ex-cons by the Court System, whom wanted them outta their jurisdiction.) 8O

where ever you go ,there you are