Top 10 reasons why humans are inherently evil

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 9:29 pm

https://listverse.com/2013/05/23/10-rea ... ally-evil/

Just something to reinforce my misanthropic attitude towards all my fellow humans. :twisted:

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 11:12 pm

I have always viewed humanity as inherently evil, fallen and sinful due to my Christian faith.I know you aint Christian but I do agree that humans are naturally evil.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 11:17 pm

Even so, it seems something in nature sees humans, at least some humans, as worth saving,
November 12, 2018
10 Times Wild Animals Saved Humans
by Oliver Taylor
fact checked by Jamie Frater
https://listverse.com/2018/11/12/10-tim ... ed-humans/

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 11:19 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I have always viewed humanity as inherently evil, fallen and sinful due to my Christian faith.I know you aint Christian but I do agree that humans are naturally evil.

Well unlike a Christian I don't believe humans can redeem themselves by claiming to believe in Jesus. We're a pretty irredeemable species whose only purpose is to consume and destroy everything on this planet like parasites. If all humans would just accept that as the truth the slightly less miserable this world would be.

https://youtu.be/d2MHUJTciRg

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 11:21 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Even so, it seems something in nature sees humans, at least some humans, as worth saving,
November 12, 2018
by Oliver Taylor

Those wild animals were foolish for trying to save us, the same hairless apes who thank them for their efforts by causing them to become endangered or extinct.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 11:47 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
November 12, 2018
by Oliver Taylor

Those wild animals were foolish for trying to save us, the same hairless apes who thank them for their efforts by causing them to become endangered or extinct.

One time when I went to california I met a sea lion, idk never saw one close up before but I walked up slow and cautious, reached my hand to see if it was bothered idk like you do with a dog or cat you are trying to introduce yourself to without scaring them and he/she was fine and was curious to iteract(not sure how to tell the gender of sea lions). So I gave them a little pet and felt they have rough fur and then after a minute left it alone to go back to my siblings and cousin. Then after that a bunch of teens went and where like trying to sit on the sea lion and taking a bunch of pictures with flashes on, so the sea lion knocked them away with it's flippers and swam off.

It made me mad they couldn't have shown a bit of respect for that animal.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:13 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
It made me mad they couldn't have shown a bit of respect for that animal.

I hear ya.

The rise of social media has increased that problem.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:21 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Well unlike a Christian I don't believe humans can redeem themselves by claiming to believe in Jesus.

While at first glance it may sound like splitting semantics hairs, there is a thing there; we humans don't redeem ourselves.
There is not one thing we can do on our own effort or merit.
Never has been.
Never will be.

Jesus did all the effort because nothing any of us humans could ever do would ever be enough.

The human part of the equation is for us to chose or not choose to accept the grace offered by the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and to have what He did for us to cover us.
Accept that grace or reject that grace is the only thing we can do.

And it turns out, and has been demonstrated, that claiming to believe, and actually believing, are two different things.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:33 am

SMiLes, Science Shows Through Longitudinal
Studies of Over 80 Years, Studying Thousands of

Folks That the Most Important Factor of Not Only Happiness
Yet Health too is Human Connection; Taking the Effort to Be Kind
to Other Humans And Developing Lifelong Relationships too; Not Everyone

Has the Same Nature of Course;

Yet it is Possible to Make A Much
Happier Life, Just By Taking the Effort

to Reach Out to Another Human to Say Hello...

i Don't Find ANY 'Evil Human Beings' in 'Real Life,' Everywhere

i Go; Yet What i Do Find is Many SMiLes, When i Generate Them First,

By Being Brave Enough; and Yes Confident Enough With Self-Esteem to Reach Out First...

i Surely Wasn't Always ThiS Way;

Yet It Was More About me

Than About 'Them' Then as i Just
Did Not Make An 'Olympic Effort'
Everyday as i Do Now Putting People

Above "Things;" The SMiles Continue to

Return As Never Ending Waves on an Ocean of Bliss
That Very Much Comes From The Waves of Kindness i Initiate Myself...

Yawn, Humans Are Social Animals; If We Did Not Have the Innate, Instinct, and Intuition to Cooperate,

We Would Have Never Come Together to Make Peaceful Societies, Where There is Little Blood on the Soils

of Conflict and Strife; However, Environment Counts; i Don't Think Anyone Would Wanna Be Living in Ukraine Now;

At Least Not
Coming From
A Peaceful Place of Life;

It's a Matter of Perspective
That Includes Our Behavior
And How Others Receive Us
And Return That Kindness Back to Us...

It's Also A Life Long Art That Takes Practice to Achieve Competence.

Other Than That There is Dark and Light; Humans Have Shadows And Do Love Unconditionally too;

Creating A Balance of Shadows With Shine Is Necessary to Master the Within, Before We Make the World

A More
Lovely
Place
For All To Shine More...

There is No One In This World
Who Can Make me Happier Than
i Do All on my 'Lonely;' Yet You See,

i For one, View DarK Thru LiGHT As A Lovely
Home to Navigate Both Night And Day, Never
Ending New Now

This Makes

ALLONE A
Much Happier
HoMe to Stay;

A Lot of the Way
We Do the World

Comes to Create Our EYes We See With;

i Seek Out and Find SMiLes Everywhere i Go;

Hehe, Even in Distant Places Without Faces Online too...

Anyway, From The Site That Provided A List of the So-called
'Inherently Evil Reasons Humans Are Evil;' At The Bottom of the
List, A Disclaimer Is Made That The Author Does NOT BELIEVE
HUMANS ARE INHERENTLY EVIL;

JUST ANOTHER CLICK
BAIT ARTICLE List IT IS;

Yes, AS IT'S TRUE Too
In POCKETS OF HUMAN
REALITY; Misery Loves
Company Sells 'Big Time'
For Those Addicted to the
Adrenaline and Dopamine that
Comes From Malcontent, Where The
Warm And Fuzzies Are More Closely
Related to Successful Moving, Connecting,
Co-Creating With Other Humans iN FRiEnDLY Cooperation..:)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/am-i-right/201304/cooperation-and-human-nature

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:36 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Well unlike a Christian I don't believe humans can redeem themselves by claiming to believe in Jesus.

While at first glance it may sound like splitting semantics hairs, there is a thing there; we humans don't redeem ourselves.
There is not one thing we can do on our own effort or merit.
Never has been.
Never will be.

Jesus did all the effort because nothing any of us humans could ever do would ever be enough.

The human part of the equation is for us to chose or not choose to accept the grace offered by the redemptive work of Jesus Christ and to have what He did for us to cover us.
Accept that grace or reject that grace is the only thing we can do.

And it turns out, and has been demonstrated, that claiming to believe, and actually believing, are two different things.

My feeling on the matter is that Jesus was doing something very wrong somewhere in his teachings considering the fact that his Christian followers conquered oppressed and destroyed much of the world to feed their cattle cult.

And that "But those people werent real Christians!" argument has never worked with me and it never will

Also for the record I want to say that another thing I find infuriatingly annoying is the academics of our time who claims that "good and evil doesn't exist" while trying to be the moral police who brainwash lecture us about what they think should be 'moral' in our society.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:39 am

Humans are nothing but filthy Earth parasites. The only reason apace aliens haven't come and killed us is because we're doing a great doing that all by ourselves. I'm giving a way a bunch of my stuff because I no longer have any emotional attachment to it, and because I won't be needing it because we're going to die soon.

I read that people in Canada are shoplifting food because it's so overpriced now, and they have no remorse whatsoever. They're even bragging about it. Fine, that's your choice. I want free food too, but I know I'll just get caught and never be allowed in the store again. That's the only reason most humans don't steal, it's not because it's "wrong", it's because they don't want to get caught. But are they stealing it because they'll literally starve if they don't, or because they just like stealing the same reason people really have war because they just like killing?

The part about how adults have to work so hard to teach kids to be "good" makes perfect sense. Deep down, all humans think being "good" is boring, wimpy, stupid, weak, pathetic, and obnoxious, while being bad is fun and cool. The reason a lot of people prefer the villains in fiction so much is because they don't care about anyone or anything as long as they get what they want, even if it means killing and destroying whatever gets in their way. Especially if it means killing or destroying whatever gets in their way.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 12:50 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Humans are nothing but filthy Earth parasites. The only reason apace aliens haven't come and killed us is because we're doing a great doing that all by ourselves. I'm giving a way a bunch of my stuff because I no longer have any emotional attachment to it, and because I won't be needing it because we're going to die soon.

I read that people in Canada are shoplifting food because it's so overpriced now, and they have no remorse whatsoever. They're even bragging about it. Fine, that's your choice. I want free food too, but I know I'll just get caught and never be allowed in the store again. That's the only reason most humans don't steal, it's not because it's "wrong", it's because they don't want to get caught. But are they stealing it because they'll literally starve if they don't, or because they just like stealing the same reason people really have war because they just like killing?

The part about how adults have to work so hard to teach kids to be "good" makes perfect sense. Deep down, all humans think being "good" is boring, wimpy, stupid, weak, pathetic, and obnoxious, while being bad is fun and cool. The reason a lot of people prefer the villains in fiction so much is because they don't care about anyone or anything as long as they get what they want, even if it means killing and destroying whatever gets in their way. Especially if it means killing or destroying whatever gets in their way.

You summed up a lot of my thoughts exactly. :D

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:25 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
My feeling on the matter is that Jesus was doing something very wrong somewhere in his teachings considering the fact that his Christian followers conquered oppressed and destroyed much of the world to feed their cattle cult.

I see that same thing as their crimes proved his teachings correct, humanity can not and will not on its own power overcome the default to evil and selfishness.
And humanity will twist everything in to a tool to achieve their selfish and evil purposes.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jan 2023, 3:00 am

There are many people who are inherently kind and who volunteer at animal shelters, or assist underprivileged kids or the elderly. There folk are often unsung heroes and heroines who occasionally get noticed when something out of the ordinary and thus newsworthy happens.

Humans as individuals are usually a kind lot but humanity, or mob mentality, is another thing altogether. Nothing on earth can be scarier than a soulless bunch of humans swept up by some evil cause.

It is power that corrupts, as shown by many a world leader who started off with the noblest intentions but lost their moral compass and became tyrants.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 4:21 am

Sometimes they do really great things.

IMHO humans are confusing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 6:06 am

People who feel humans are “inherently evil” could offset this “evilness” by doing excellent works.

And many people do just that.

To refuse to help a fellow human because, after all, people suck anyway….is atrocious.