Autistic male vs female experience with romantic success?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 1:58 pm

Nades wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Haha, finally few women here are admitting that; it is has been for years guys here were being silenced whenever they point to this *super* obvious observation.

These women have always thought the same.

It's been going on too long here. Far, far too long.

The evidence is overwhelming now, both anecdotal and professionally researched.

Don't worry, the thread will be locked now. It's a WP tradition to lock threads like this.

Actually there’s growing evidence that’s even getting harder on NT men (vs NT women).

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:02 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Here we go again, another "X has is so much better than Y" argument that will soon be locked because no one on this forum ever learns. :roll:

This topic was not intended as an X vs Y argument. It is genuinely intended as an open discussion about something that seems to be the case. Everybody is welcomed to express their insight. I really hope it won't be locked.

No they're not. It's WP.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:03 pm

Lock countdown begins!! !

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lock countdown begins!! !

Let the countdown of obtuseness, disingenuousness and outright dishonesty begin.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Nades wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Haha, finally few women here are admitting that; it is has been for years guys here were being silenced whenever they point to this *super* obvious observation.

These women have always thought the same.

It's been going on too long here. Far, far too long.

The evidence is overwhelming now, both anecdotal and professionally researched.

Don't worry, the thread will be locked now. It's a WP tradition to lock threads like this.

Actually there’s growing evidence that’s even getting harder on NT men (vs NT women).

It could be getting harder for NT men for whatever reasons but in the case of autistic men the reasons are very specific and they are obviously autism related.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 2:23 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I can always sense that a man is autistic but I can't really sense that a woman is autistic unless she's really obvious, but even if she has some obvious traits it still takes a lot for me to be able to sense autism.

At my last job a young man started and it only took a few minutes for me to sense that he was autistic. He spoke in a monotone voice and looked over your shoulder when speaking to you instead of making eye contact. Those two things alone were enough to make me sense autism. But I know that if he had of been a girl with those same traits I still wouldn't sense it, I'd just think she was shy or perhaps had some other disorder like anxiety or bipolar.
Where I come from it's quite "in" for women to have mental health issues and be open about it.
But I think women are more afraid of men with diagnoses like autism because men have testosterone which can make them more aggressive.

So what I'm saying is autism is more prominent in men, and when they're attracted to a girl they inadvertently show even more signs of autism or oddness that can turn us off.

Everything you've observed has been mutual with me too. It seems a hell of a lot easier to notice poor social development skills in men compared to women.

This has a lot of continuity to my opinion on why diagnosis rates between men and women vary so widely but that's outside the field of this topic.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 4:15 pm

While thinking about it, this idea popped in my mind that it is possible that autism related genes may have been transmitted by the females of our species. This is a logical conclusion if you take into account that males seem to have a mating disadvantage while females don't. Especially if you consider that females seem to mask rather successfully to the point they do not get a diagnosis. After all, one of the personality features of autism seems to be loyalty. Loyalty in females is a highly sought after trait by males. Just a thought.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 4:31 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
While thinking about it, this idea popped in my mind that it is possible that autism related genes may have been transmitted by the females of our species. This is a logical conclusion if you take into account that males seem to have a mating disadvantage while females don't. Especially if you consider that females seem to mask rather successfully to the point they do not get a diagnosis. After all, one of the personality features of autism seems to be loyalty. Loyalty in females is a highly sought after trait by males. Just a thought.

Might be possible. Females have XX chromosomes while males have XY. If a lot of genes that contribute to autism is in the X chromosome then at least females have a bit of redundancy with a second X one canceling the worst of it out.

On the other hand, if some of the genes are in the Y chromosome then it'll make males suffer more.

I think that males and females have equal rates of autism but if any genes related to it are in the sex chromosomes then it'll hit the males harder.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Jan 2023, 5:16 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
Threads that grade or stereotype other members, for whatever reason, are not permitted.

Locked.