Yes, only at night 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, only during the day 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
No, never 88%  88%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 16

Limalone
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jan 2023, 7:05 pm

Hey everyone - I’m wondering if anyone here experiences incontinence during the day and or night? I have had issues with it all my life at random times or ‘episodes.’ It’s been bad the last few years (wetting the bed almost every night) and in addition to feeling embarrassed about it, and annoyed with how much I have to spend on pull-ups, I’m starting to think my body will just always be like this. :( I started seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist who says that it’s all behavioral, in that, if I used the bathroom more regularly during the day the nighttime stuff wouldn’t happen. She knows that there is daytime wetting too, but since I have had some weeks where I don’t have any accidents, she doesn’t think there is anything actually wrong physiologically. To me it feels like I have poor muscle control down there, the same way I have poor coordination in the rest of my body. I’m feeling defeated because I have tried all the behavior changes and it still happens. And I feel like it’s all my fault. Does this happen to anyone else? Hoping to feel less alone :cry:

(Also I thought I posted before and wasn’t sure if it maybe got removed for some reason or if I accidentally deleted it, so I’m reposting, but sorry if it was removed)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 7:08 pm

It wasn't removed, just nobody bothered to reply.
I don't have incontinence so I can't really relate to this but hopefully someone else here will.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 11:48 pm

I wet the bed until about age 12.

Pelvic floor exercises are probably a good idea. And I guess it’s to be expected that the pelvic floor therapist will be optimistic. I guess time will tell.

Hopefully, the exercises will bring some appreciable improvement. :D

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2023, 12:24 pm

During Covid, I learned that a “wetting incident” is much less noticeable if I’m wearing dark pants.

I took long walks, like 4 or 5 miles. And even though I had a bottle for peeing into in my car, sometimes I just couldn’t make it back [like every couple of weeks]

And yes, it’s much less noticeable with dark shorts or pants.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 4:34 pm

im not incontinent

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 7:15 pm

I'm incontinent during the day only when I'm anxious. If I'm not severely anxious I'm not incontinent.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 11:06 am

Limalone wrote:
Hey everyone - I’m wondering if anyone here experiences incontinence during the day and or night? I have had issues with it all my life at random times or ‘episodes.’ It’s been bad the last few years (wetting the bed almost every night) and in addition to feeling embarrassed about it, and annoyed with how much I have to spend on pull-ups, I’m starting to think my body will just always be like this. :( I started seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist who says that it’s all behavioral, in that, if I used the bathroom more regularly during the day the nighttime stuff wouldn’t happen. She knows that there is daytime wetting too, but since I have had some weeks where I don’t have any accidents, she doesn’t think there is anything actually wrong physiologically. To me it feels like I have poor muscle control down there, the same way I have poor coordination in the rest of my body. I’m feeling defeated because I have tried all the behavior changes and it still happens. And I feel like it’s all my fault. Does this happen to anyone else? Hoping to feel less alone :cry:

(Also I thought I posted before and wasn’t sure if it maybe got removed for some reason or if I accidentally deleted it, so I’m reposting, but sorry if it was removed)

What medications are you taking? Certain medications can cause incontinence. Topamax did that for me. Had to quit it for that reason.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2023, 2:18 pm

Butterfly88 wrote:
I'm incontinent during the day only when I'm anxious. If I'm not severely anxious I'm not incontinent.

I suffer from both incompetence and incontinence. I don't work late due to the brain fog when I'm tired. Bladder control issues could be from lack of exercise and poor seating quality. I noticed anxiety makes me want to pee, but I don't think it actually causes the incontinence.

People say to do situps and pushups - all outdated harmful exercises. I noticed in military training they use outdated exercises like that. Might do some pushups anyway because I don't know what else to do.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 2:42 pm

How are pushups harmful?

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2023, 4:13 pm

I’m barely making it to the bathroom. It doesn’t help that I have type 2 diabetes, hypertension and type 3a chronic kidney disease.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2023, 8:31 am

MuddRM wrote:
I’m barely making it to the bathroom. It doesn’t help that I have type 2 diabetes, hypertension and type 3a chronic kidney disease.

Does kidney disease have pain? I am wondering if it is possible to have kidney problems and not know it.

ProfessorJohn wrote:
How are pushups harmful?

Bob and Brad made a video about pushups being harmful.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 11:21 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
How are pushups harmful?

The short answer is that properly done push ups aren't normally harmful. They are also part of the process for rehabbing the shoulders in many cases.

But, as always, with all the ways that the shoulders can be screwed up, I'm sure there are people who have messed up shoulders that shouldn't do pushups at all and anybody who isn't sure about the health of their shoulders would do well to consult an expert to examine their particular shoulders to see.