My therapist abandoned me, and I'm glad!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

_cora_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2023, 9:23 pm

Genuinely. You guys may know I posted here a while back about my "therapist" just cutting off all contact with me with no explanation. I'm doing much better now, and I got a new therapist, that has a designated time slot for me that's the same each week.
Honestly I'm glad that the "therapist" before this one left, because she said a lot of things that were super wrong about me. She even said that I abandon all my friends (which I am literally the complete opposite of), with zero evidence of that. Then she did the exact thing she accused me of doing.
Also, she was convinced that I had to go back to the public school that kinda traumatized me, and mask all day so I could be "a normal member of society". Then she left me hanging when we were supposed to be preparing for back to school. So I did my own thing and switched to a different school, which she wouldn't have approved of, but is much better for me, and I got all A's last semester.
So yeah, things have gotten better since my last post. :D

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2023, 9:51 pm

As a teacher who works in not a public school with a variety of kids, let me just say congratulations! And good for you! (You can’t be one of mine because our grades come out next week -lol)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 10:38 pm

_cora_ wrote:
but is much better for me, and I got all A's last semester.
So yeah, things have gotten better since my last post. :D

Yay! Definitely sounds like some uplift and fulfillment has been found. :D

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jan 2023, 7:05 am

Often therapists have mental issues themselves. E.g. I once had a conversation with a therapist with schizoid personality disorder. While they may be compatible with some patients, they aren't compatible with all patients.

Maybe she understands that autists have trouble maintaining friendships, which triggers her fear of abandonment. In that case it would make sense to abandon you, so she can protect herself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 7:08 am

I’m glad Cora found a new therapist, and is doing well.