Christian (vs. Biblical?) views on when human life begins?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 3:59 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Just decided that yes, I will include this personal experience;

And then there were the militant abortion activists who told me to my face that with having autism and 3 minor birth defects I should have been aborted since I can't add as much to society as a fully healthy baby would grow up to do.

The personal treatment I have several times received from some abortion activists has led me to condemn all abortion activists because abortion supporters want me dead, me, me specifically, me personally.

That's a horrible thing to say. Who says that to somebody? That's some Nazi arguments right there.

Highlander852456
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2023, 6:07 pm

I think some Christians think that second coming of Christ is a baby being born. Thus abortion is made out to be bad what if your actual baby is 2.0 Jesus.

The problem with modern Christianity is its theology is patchwork in progress. Only the progress is so conservative that it seems coherent.

Realistically even bible is unreadable. Bible makes only sense if its interpreted and with larger than normal context.
Most of bible is at the mercy of superstitious imagination.

Worse yet, bible was changed and altered and many text were kept and are kept secret as they probably contradict current official cannon.

Christianity is also plagued by plurality of views. Even among the same cults of Christianity I see kind of lax interpret-ability of biblical text.

I think therefore Christian views on abortion are purely socioeconomically and culture oriented attitudes.
Christianity it self has a back seat in this and realistically the current generations of humans decide what is best.

Unfortunately medical sound reasoning is often excluded as knowledge is somehow not permitted in Christianity.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2023, 3:30 am

Now that the pizza for late lunch is done I'll finally give personal input on the when does human life begin question.
and it might or might not be directly or indirectly influenced by my being a Christian and by Bible content.

In order for a thing to begin it has to arise from a place of not that thing.
Such as, in order for a storm to begin it has to arise from a place of not storming.
In order for life to begin it has to arise from a place of not life, not alive, dead.
So, at what point during the process are the sperm and/or ovum and/or fetus dead?

Also, do the sperm from a human and the ovum from a human combine to mystically and magically create a thing which is not human and then at some point along the way it mystically and magically transforms in to being human again?
There's an ancient philosophical question:
If we plucked a man's hair one by one, at which moment would he become bald?
Applied to fetus development:
At which moment a couple of reproductive cells becomes a new human being?
Even the fertilization itself is a process continuous in time.

Just decided that yes, I will include this personal experience;

And then there were the militant abortion activists who told me to my face that with having autism and 3 minor birth defects I should have been aborted since I can't add as much to society as a fully healthy baby would grow up to do.

The personal treatment I have several times received from some abortion activists has led me to condemn all abortion activists because abortion supporters want me dead, me, me specifically, me personally.
That's exactly what I hate about the whole abortion debate. Instead of adressing the actual ethical problems to make possibly best-balanced laws, it's just mindless pushing one or the other side, resulting in real harm.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 4:26 am

There are mankinds ways and Gods ways. Mankinds ways end in tragedy and fail. Gods ways stand true and never fail.
Sin is the spanner in the works that allows the enemy in. Is a sinner condemned? Not if the sinner has a saviour who can save them from their sin.
NO ammount of self effort can save oneself from ones sin, but to accept the saviour simply believe and speak forth that one demonstrates ones faith as who puts a light under a bucket and expects to see?
All those who claim to have faith in Jesus Christ but do not believe the Word of God is truth are sadly NOT following Jesus and can not claim to be Christians as the term "Christian" basically means to be a "Follower of Christ". How can one follow Christ and reject His Word? Is like claiming to be a Biden supporter and voting for Trump or vice versa!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2023, 4:27 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
There are mankinds ways and Gods ways. Mankinds ways end in tragedy and fail. Gods ways stand true and never fail.
Sin is the spanner in the works that allows the enemy in. Is a sinner condemned? Not if the sinner has a saviour who can save them from their sin.
NO ammount of self effort can save oneself from ones sin, but to accept the saviour simply believe and speak forth that one demonstrates ones faith as who puts a light under a bucket and expects to see?
All those who claim to have faith in Jesus Christ but do not believe the Word of God is truth are sadly NOT following Jesus and can not claim to be Christians as the term "Christian" basically means to be a "Follower of Christ". How can one follow Christ and reject His Word? Is like claiming to be a Biden supporter and voting for Trump or vice versa!
The question in this thread is: what His Word on this topic actually is?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>