I wish I could just let go

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 12:29 pm

Here is my second post today and I want to come to get it off my chest. Since early 2014, I have been hurt because I was betrayed and deeply hurt by someone I wasn't compatible with. She told me about a year and a half later that she faked a friendship with me for her interests. She also admitted that the friendship was one complete lie and that she everything I knew about her was a complete lie. Since then, she's shown me her true color by revealing that she hates me and thinks she's better than me and stone walls me now.

Though I appreciate her coming forward and admitting what she did, I don't think she fully realizes that lying like that is very serious and have long-term consequences as. Rather, she seems to think she can still skip through a rose garden as if nothing happened.

I wish I could just let it go but I feel like some serious and traumatic damage was done because I have felt nothing but anger and hurt toward this person. Though I would love to just move while I am forgiving them, I cannot be around this person without feeling serious discontent toward her. Therefore, I make every effort to ignore her.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 2:18 pm

Her motive isn't clear. Why?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 2:22 pm

She said that it was because she had been a people pleaser all of her life and she was trying to be someone that she wasn't, even if she didn't like or want to be around other people. However, she didn't actually admit this to me until after she cut me from her life. Though that is important, it's still not an excuse to lie to me like that and think it's okay.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 2:26 pm

Seems like she is pretty immature and child-like in her ways to be honest.

All you can do is carry on with your life and if she comes back to her senses, befriend her again and if not don't let it worry you.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 2:36 pm

I don't think I want to befriend her again because A. I can't trust her over the fact that she lied to me about some things. B. Based on the way she really feels about me? Forget it.

Since it was clear that she didn't like me, she would do any say things that I would get provoked by. Things got to me point where she was fed up with me getting mad at her all the time.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 5:01 pm

As I also said, she doesn't want to be my friend because she doesn't like that I got mad at her all the time and accused her of things that weren't true. :roll: In reality, she's extremely manipulative and I think she realized that I saw right through her and wouldn't let her get away with it. However, as I have gotten help, I have since learned that this woman acts a lot like a narcissist. I also don't like the way she has talked to and treated me in the past and so I don't care to engage with her.

Meanwhile, I have decided that while she may feel a certain way, I also get to have my own opinion about myself. So far, I have found out that I consider myself to be a pretty valuable person. Therefore, her words don't mean anything to me. Meanwhile, I have simply decided to find some other people who can appreciate me.