DeSantis proposes permanent COVID mandate ban

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 6:03 pm

The Hill

Quote:
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday proposed a permanent ban on mandates related to COVID-19 in the state, from mask requirements in schools to the use of vaccine passports.

DeSantis’s proposal, dubbed “Prescribe Freedom,” asks the GOP-controlled state legislature to make permanent Florida’s bans on COVID-19 mask and vaccine mandates in schools and the government, plus prohibitions to keep private employers from enacting mask mandates or hiring and firing based on vaccination status.

The governor signed the existing bans last year during a special session of the state legislature, and the move to solidify them comes ahead of an expiration date set for June, according to the Tallahassee Democrat.

The latest proposal asserts that making the bans permanent would protect Floridians’ “right to disagree with the preferred narrative of the medical community” and gives more room for religious views.

“When the world lost its mind, Florida was a refuge of sanity, serving strongly as freedom’s linchpin. These measures will ensure Florida remains this way and will provide landmark protections for free speech for medical practitioners,” the governor said in a release.

DeSantis has situated himself since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic as a strong opponent of federal policies and pandemic restrictions.

During the Republican Primary debates, DeSantis is going to say something like "You are the one that kept Fauci on"

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman