Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2023, 6:28 pm

Are they made of anything?

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 10:56 pm

I have a hypothesis on how black holes develop and work. There are those who will not accept what I have to say and that is ok with me.

To be able to understand black holes, one must first understand both electromagnetic radiation (what is commonly referred to as light) and matter/anti-matter. Albert Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity lays out to conversion between the two. In the formation of matter (or anti-matter), the path of an electromagnetic radiation vector is bent in such a manner that it combines with itself to form a particle.

What direction the vector is bent plays into if matter or anti-matter is formed. The amount of energy in the vector can dictate what particles can be formed through quantization limits. If the energy amount is too low, it cannot form that type of particle without absorbing another energy source in the process. Once formed, the bending of the energy vector gives the particle certain forces, such as gravity, magnetism, weak and strong forces. Each type of particle has certain values for each of these forces.

Now, lets talk about gravity force. What is it? To me, it is the attraction of bent electromagnetic vectors to other electromagnetic vectors (bent or not). Individual particles do not have a high gravitational force by themselves. The gravitational force is additive though. When a large grouping of matter (or anti-matter) particles come together, the gravity force becomes much stronger. It can keep increasing until an upper limit is hit before something odd happens.

At this limit, the particles are crushed down into neutrons. This is the birth of a neutron star. Neutrons can be considered as parent particles, as their decay can lead to the formation of atoms. Once a neutron star is formed, it is not alone. Inside it, a very small black hole exists to stabilize the neutron star. That is the breaking point of gravity towards particles. As the gravity force of the neutron star/black hole combo pulls in nearby matter, both will grow. However, the black hole will grow in size much faster than the neutron star.

At some point, the black hole will consume the surface of the neutron star. It will disappear from our view at this point, as the gravitational pull will consume most escaping energy. The black hole will keep growing as it consumes both electromagnetic energy and matter/anti-matter. There is a limit to how much gravitational force can be applied to particles, so they are broken down into electromagnetic energy that they were made from. At the center of the black hole, it reforms particles of neutrons. So a black hole is dependent upon space-time, gravity, matter and light energy in my hypothesis.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 11:06 am

I thought that I might add that there exists the probability that black holes convert a portion of their absorbed materials/energy into another higher dimension. This would not violate entropy within the universe, as upshifting to a higher dimension is a form of increasing entropy. The extra dimension would add variables to the matter/energy. We would not be able to directly interact with it, only the shadows that come from the intersect points with the two different dimensions. That is in my opinion what dark matter/energy is and why we cannot “see” it. We know something is there, but it is like a shadow to us.

As for star formation, it occurs when enough matter (fuel) comes together via gravity force and undergoes a nuclear conversion. Amounts of matter are converted back into electromagnetic radiation. This process pushes the energy produced out of the star. As strange as it may be, the star is constantly attracting matter and emitting energy as long as the nuclear reaction is self-sustained. Once the matter (nuclear fuel) becomes converted into elements that cannot sustain the nuclear reaction, the star will change to reflect this process. The gravitational force will not be offset by the nuclear reaction and it will start the dying process. If the mass of the remaining star is large enough, this will lead to the birth of a neutron star/black hole by the gravitational force not being offset by nuclear force.

Space-time is involved in this process as that is the dimension that it occurs in. There are more to this, but I will stop here for now.

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2023, 9:58 pm

They're made of the same matter as stars but compacted so much that there is an area around it in which not even light can escape.

A neutron star is so dense that normal atoms cannot exist. The protons and electrons all fuse into neutrons. Turn the density up even more and your protons would collapse into component quarks and such. Turn it up even more and even those fall apart.

We cannot know for certain what is in there, but if what is in there didn't interact with the Higgs field it would not have mass and thus not have gravity. So something still has to be there that has mass. It is just compacted so much it has become its own fundamental "particle with no structure because structure is impossible at that gravity.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 3:01 am

Condensed angel farts.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 3:05 am

I thought it's a force?

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 9:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
I thought it's a force?

The force of gravity (from the inner neutron star mass) holds it all together. Without that force in play, the black hole would dissipate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 9:10 am

It would be nice if we were able to get near an actual Black Hole.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 7:01 pm

They are made of matter in a different state.

Like there is gas, liquid, and solid. Neutron stars are matter in a fourth state. And blackholes are matter in fifth state.

Hambil
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Feb 2023, 7:02 am

None of the known forces are strong enough to stop a blackhole from collapsing. So the math would indicate they collapse forever, thus the name 'singularity' (a point of infinity density). We will likely never know what is inside a blackhole, but with math and experimentation we can make 'guesses'.

However, there is something called Planck Length. Which is the smallest size anything can be. What happens when a collapsing blackhole's Schwarzschild radius reaches planck length is the biggest question is physics today. It is where the math breaks down and general relativity and quantum physics collided. We don't have those answers.

There will likely never be a way to look inside, and in the end it probably doesn't matter. If the math we work can work out holds up experimentally, that will be good enough.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2023, 9:23 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
I thought that I might add that there exists the probability that black holes convert a portion of their absorbed materials/energy into another higher dimension. This would not violate entropy within the universe, as upshifting to a higher dimension is a form of increasing entropy. The extra dimension would add variables to the matter/energy. We would not be able to directly interact with it, only the shadows that come from the intersect points with the two different dimensions. That is in my opinion what dark matter/energy is and why we cannot “see” it. We know something is there, but it is like a shadow to us.

As for star formation, it occurs when enough matter (fuel) comes together via gravity force and undergoes a nuclear conversion. Amounts of matter are converted back into electromagnetic radiation. This process pushes the energy produced out of the star. As strange as it may be, the star is constantly attracting matter and emitting energy as long as the nuclear reaction is self-sustained. Once the matter (nuclear fuel) becomes converted into elements that cannot sustain the nuclear reaction, the star will change to reflect this process. The gravitational force will not be offset by the nuclear reaction and it will start the dying process. If the mass of the remaining star is large enough, this will lead to the birth of a neutron star/black hole by the gravitational force not being offset by nuclear force.

Space-time is involved in this process as that is the dimension that it occurs in. There are more to this, but I will stop here for now.

Neutron stars are one of my favorite subjects in astronomy and especially the fact that they spin really fast and have a lighthouse effect on the polar opposites. I would have never thought about a tiny black hole being inside of a neutron star. How long would it take for a black hole to consume a neutron star?

Black holes also exist within the center of a galaxy which had me wondering if the gravity of the black holes are responsible. However, my professors said there are other factors.

Last edited by Summer_Twilight on 16 Feb 2023, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2023, 9:26 am

Fluff.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2023, 9:59 pm

Maybe they are made of dark matter.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 5:32 pm

Hambil wrote:
None of the known forces are strong enough to stop a blackhole from collapsing. So the math would indicate they collapse forever, thus the name 'singularity' (a point of infinity density). We will likely never know what is inside a blackhole, but with math and experimentation we can make 'guesses'.

However, there is something called Planck Length. Which is the smallest size anything can be. What happens when a collapsing blackhole's Schwarzschild radius reaches planck length is the biggest question is physics today. It is where the math breaks down and general relativity and quantum physics collided. We don't have those answers.

There will likely never be a way to look inside, and in the end it probably doesn't matter. If the math we work can work out holds up experimentally, that will be good enough.

The Planck’s length is likely the width of the electromagnetic vector itself. In layman’s terms, it would be the width of light energy. You cannot make particles smaller than the energy that it is made of.

If a black hole shrank down to the Planck’s length, it would cease to exist. You cannot bend light below it’s minimum width. Before that point, most of a black hole’s forces would disappear, leading to an extinction event for the black hole.

Last edited by QuantumChemist on 17 Feb 2023, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 5:38 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
QuantumChemist wrote:

Neutron stars are one of my favorite subjects in astronomy and especially the fact that they spin really fast and have a lighthouse effect on the polar opposites. I would have never thought about a tiny black hole being inside of a neutron star. How long would it take for a black hole to consume a neutron star?

Black holes also exist within the center of a galaxy which had me wondering if the gravity of the black holes are responsible. However, my professors said there are other factors.

It is not time that is measured directly for the black hole to consume the neutron star, but how much matter would have to be consumed for the black hole to grow to the neutron star’s size. Once you know the amount needed and the average amount consumed over a period of time, then the difference of the time could be estimated. As matter is consumed, both will grow. However, the black hole can expand at a much faster rate than the neutron star it was born with.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 7:25 am

Matter and lots of it