Alec Baldwin charged with Involuntary Manslaughter

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 6:45 pm

Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Was it supposed to be loaded at any point in the movie?

Yes, but with blanks, of course.

Not necessarily.

Most importantly, use of live ammunition isn't forbidden by law.

Last edited by r00tb33r on 19 Jan 2023, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 6:45 pm

I agree ^ ^ .

It's weird, but I never thought about whether bullets were real or not in movies.
Obviously most of them likely aren't, but it never crossed my mind either way.
They certainly make good replicas.

It's a tragedy all around and it's ruined so many lives.

I wanna feel kind of sorry for Baldwin or anyone who kills by mistake.
I just see him as an impulsive hothead though.

He was recorded berating his daughter on the phone and calling her a pig.
She was just a little girl.
I'll never forget that. :(

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 6:58 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
It might be, because if you need to shoot a shot where it's being loaded you might need to load it with real ammo.

There's a common supplier for the film industry that makes dummy ammunition. It contains no propellant inside.

The case often also has a little hole drilled in the side of it to clearly distinguish it from live ammunition.

It's a shame that's not what was loaded.

Of course, if people were using the prop in other ways, that shifts the burden of responsibility.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 9:39 pm

Yep….Baldwin has been a despicable character at times.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 1:18 pm

Some guns have a hair trigger, still no excuse for negligence.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 10:29 am

Alec Baldwin scores another win in 'Rust' case as special prosecutor resigns

Quote:
Alec Baldwin scored another win in the Rust case as special prosecutor, Andrea Reeb, announced on Tuesday she's stepping down. The move comes one month after the actor's legal team filed a motion asking the judge to have her dismissed, claiming her status as a Republican lawmaker in the New Mexico House of Representatives is "unconstitutional." Baldwin, whose charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter for the death of the film's cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, has pleaded not guilty.

"After much reflection, I have made the difficult decision to step down as special prosecutor in the Rust case. My priority in this case — and in every case I've prosecuted in my 25-year career — has been justice for the victim," the office of New Mexico's First Judicial District Attorney tells Yahoo Entertainment. "However, it has become clear that the best way I can ensure justice is served in this case is to step down so that the prosecution can focus on the evidence and the facts, which clearly show a complete disregard for basic safety protocols led to the death of Halyna Hutchins. I will not allow questions about my serving as a legislator and prosecutor to cloud the real issue at hand.

Last month, prosecutors downgraded one of the involuntary manslaughter charges against Baldwin that included a firearm enhancement. It carried a maximum sentence of five years behind bars if convicted. It was the most serious outcome he faced.

Baldwin's lawyers argued that prosecutors committed "an unconstitutional and legal error" by charging the 30 Rock star "under a statute that did not exist under the state of the accident." The law in question took effect in March 2022, almost six months after Hutchins was killed. The same charge was also dropped against Rust armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed. Legal experts widely condemned the initial move by prosecutors.

Rust will resume production this spring — but not in New Mexico. Rust Movie Productions announced the movie will shoot at Yellowstone Film Ranch in Montana. Baldwin will return along with director Joel Souza, who was injured in the 2021 incident, plus a mix of old and new crew.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 11:54 am

He's a piece of s**t who knows his money and fame will get him out of any legal trouble just like over half of Hollowood. :roll:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 3:10 pm

The armourer for sure should be charged with negligent manslaughter.

Baldwin not in my humble opinion.

Except for one thing. Baldwin was both a foot soldier and a general in the operation.

Both an actor and one of the producers.

If he had been just an actor he would be blameless in my humble opinion. He depended on the armourer to hand him a cold gun loaded with blanks. Just like a surgeon depends on the others to hand him ...forcepts...tweezers...scalpel... so as a surgeon can stay focused on surgery he could stay focused on acting. Wasnt his responsibility to break the gun open to see if it were live or blanks inside.

The lady director was demanding that he point the gun right AT HER so she could see how it looked from different angles.

BUT...maybe there was pressure from above to move the production along, cut corners, and like that. And since Baldwin himself was a producer he was himself exerting some of that pressure that came down from above...on to everyone including onto himself. Since he was at both at the bottom and at the top of the chain of command that may raise some interesting issues.