Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 2:24 pm

Hello everyone! :D I just joined WrongPlanet today :) You can call me BraveFig, and I'm 23, soon to be 24. I've known about my autism for most of my life, as even though I've never been officially diagnosed, I have psychologist parents who identified my autism at a very early age (around 2 to 4-ish, if I recall correctly? :| ) So yeah, having said that, growing up not knowing any other autistic people in my family, offline, has been very lonely for me. :cry: However, my parents told me about this site a while back, and having browsed through it for quite a bit, I'm very impressed by what a colorful and diverse little community you guys seem to have here! :o :D So yeah, I can't wait to make some brand new friends here, and I really hope that I can get along with you all, too! :) :P Having said that, please pardon my seemingly excessive use of emojis, I just love using them since they make plain text on the internet seem a little less plain and ambiguous and just that much more colorful and expressive, at least to me, anyways! :lol: :P

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 2:40 pm

Hello.

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 4:23 pm

Hi ^^

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 4:32 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

And I sometimes play with emojis but I have more fun playing with the BBCode. :D

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 4:35 pm

Thank you! :D Ooh, what's BBCode?? :o :P

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 5:30 pm

BBCode is the Bulletin Board Code you can use to control how your posts are displayed. WP is running a modified version of the Bulletin Board server software so you will find some differences between what works on WP vs. what is documented here.

:hmph: WP is about Autism, not BBCode, so most here don't fool with it. We shouldn't overwhelm them with our BBCode play!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 8:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 10:24 pm

Thank you! :D I'm kinda confused, tho; I'm having trouble uploading a picture for my pfp/avatar, 'cause it keeps telling me that I have the wrong pixel size for the pictures I'm trying to upload. :o So I was wondering, how do you even tell the right pixel size for your pictures if you wanna upload one as your account's pfp/avatar?? :|

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 10:36 pm

It says "Maximum dimensions; width: 130 pixels, height: 160 pixels, file size: 3719.87 KiB." on the upload page. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 10:51 pm

Hehe, yep!! :lol: :P Admittedly, I'm not the brightest when it comes to tech stuff, but I guess I just need to find smaller pictures for my pfp/avatar, right? :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 10:54 pm

BraveFig wrote:
Hehe, yep!! :lol: :P Admittedly, I'm not the brightest when it comes to tech stuff, but I guess I just need to find smaller pictures for my pfp/avatar, right? :mrgreen:

Or resize them. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 11:01 pm

True that! :o Plus it'd actually be really fun and interesting to learn how to resize pictures, again! :D :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 11:03 pm

BraveFig wrote:
True that! :o Plus it'd actually be really fun and interesting to learn how to resize pictures, again! :D :)

Do you have Paint.NET or GIMP or similar?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 11:11 pm

Not currently, but I've heard quite a bit about both of those programs, tho!! :o :D As long as it's free it works for me!! :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 11:13 pm

BraveFig wrote:
Not currently, but I've heard quite a bit about both of those programs, tho!! :o :D As long as it's free it works for me!! :mrgreen:

They're both free, Paint.NET is a little bit simpler.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2023, 11:18 pm

Good to know!! :mrgreen: Fr, tho, I heard that GIMP was pretty complex!! :o 8O