I'm facing being kicked out of my accommodation

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2023, 3:32 pm

Some of you might remember my previous posts about my medication I take causes me to stink like rotting cabbage and my breath to smell like rotting cabbage.

That's not changed one bit, but tonight my hostel manager for the accommodation I'm staying in has spoke to me saying it's becoming intolerable, the smell is almost impossible to remove from the bedding, the room I share with 4 others, even with the window open and from the bathroom and the sofas in the lounge area. He said he appreciates its out of my control, but the amount of complaints he got means I'm facing being homeless, no one's gonna want me if I'm gonna stink out the place with my rotting cabbage body odour.

I've tried different medication but it caused me to sleepwalk a lot, pile on loads of weight and give me nightmares, and my rotting cabbage body odour didn't go away one bit.

I posted about being kicked out of a mosque for my body odour issues and the new mosque I go to pray at, I still haven't had anyone mention my smell, but I'm having a meltdown at the thought of being homeless again.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2023, 3:49 pm

Has a doctor ever told you that you have difficulty digesting an enzyme called methanethiol?

Maybe you could mention that the next you see a doctor.

https://www.ru.nl/@1154350/why-breath-s ... n-cabbage/

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2023, 7:07 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Has a doctor ever told you that you have difficulty digesting an enzyme called methanethiol?

Thanks I'll do that. :)

I've always been a bit smelly even as a kid, my classmates would pick on me for the way I'd smell but that was because I was brought up on a diet of spices and curry and still a big part of my diet now, but I never smelt like rotting cabbage before taking the meds. I dunno if the meds have messed up me being able to digest that enzyme or if I struggle to completely digest the meds.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 10:03 pm

Ghulam Asadiq wrote:
Some of you might remember my previous posts about my medication I take causes me to stink like rotting cabbage

What condition is this medication, which has such a nasty side-effect, intended to treat? What would happen if you were to stop taking it for a while, until you sort out your housing situation, or until you get a prescription for a different medication?

Ghulam Asadiq wrote:
I posted about being kicked out of a mosque for my body odour issues and the new mosque I go to pray at, I still haven't had anyone mention my smell, but I'm having a meltdown at the thought of being homeless again.

At your new mosque, have you spoken to the imam (or whatever a prayer leader is called in your branch of Islam) about your housing situation? Perhaps the imam could refer you to a relevant charity?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 12:02 am

i am not a lawyer or a doctor and i do not play one on tv either.

but i think you need a doctors note and to hire a lawyer to represent you.

strangers on the internet do not have the skill or authority to advise your situation.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 1:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

That’s probably it. Maybe whatever the medication is triggered it somehow ?

I googled and found this, but this condition causes more of a fishy smell vs cabbage:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... ylaminuria

What you posted makes more sense.

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2023, 3:17 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Ghulam Asadiq wrote:
Some of you might remember my previous posts about my medication I take causes me to stink like rotting cabbage

What condition is this medication, which has such a nasty side-effect, intended to treat? What would happen if you were to stop taking it for a while, until you sort out your housing situation, or until you get a prescription for a different medication?

Ghulam Asadiq wrote:

At your new mosque, have you spoken to the imam (or whatever a prayer leader is called in your branch of Islam) about your housing situation? Perhaps the imam could refer you to a relevant charity?

If I stop taking it, I start having manic episodes, last time I did I was in trouble with the police and my body odour and bad breath was still just as bad.

Next time I'm at the mosque I'll ask the imam like you said.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 3:24 am

What is the name of this medication, if you don’t mind telling us?

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2023, 4:18 am

blazingstar wrote:

Lithium.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 12:49 pm

Ghulam Asadiq wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

Lithium.

This isn't listed as a known side effect of taking lithium, though:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supple ... g-20064603

It may be caused by something else. Have you asked your Doctor about the enzyme KK mentioned? That seems more likely.

kraftiekortie wrote:

^Look into this if you haven't yet.