Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 11:00 am

I have posts about this in the Autism Conspiracy theories thread. While it still is a conspiracy theory this is a big enough deal to merit its own thread.

A federal judge has outlined a discovery plan that will begin immediately, focusing on general causation about whether prenatal exposure to Tylenol causes autism and ADHD

Quote:
Hundreds of families are pursuing lawsuits against makers of Tylenol and acetaminophen products, alleging use during pregnancy caused ADHD or autism in babies

Litigation has been centralized before one judge for coordinated pretrial proceedings

Court has directed lawyers prioritize discovery into the link between prenatal use of Tylenol and Autism, ADHD and other developmental disabilities

Later it is expected that a small group of "bellwether" claims will be selected and scheduled for early trial dates to help parties gauge the average Tylenol lawsuit payout for children

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 11:08 am

Personally, I don't think any conspiracy theory merits a thread - there's too much disinformation and misinformation here already. I prefer to leave conspiracy theories on social media.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 11:28 am

DanielW wrote:
Personally, I don't think any conspiracy theory merits a thread - there's too much disinformation and misinformation here already. I prefer to leave conspiracy theories on social media.

This is well beyond social media. There is a Federal Judge involved with hundreds of lawsuits. That does not mean the theory has any merit, but it does mean it is a legitimate news story meriting its own thread.

But as a member you certainly have right to ask the moderators for this thread to be merged with the conspiracy theory thread.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 12:14 pm

Not sure why you think it’s “a conspiracy theory”.

Tylenol is a drug like any other and adverse effects are not abnormal.

The fact that it could cause autism if taken in pregnancy is not beyond possibility

The problem for the provers is the same as the scientists looking for autism drugs which is - which autism

The data on autism causation as opposed will always be problematic for as long as it’s under one label so will always be difficult to prove.

Doesn’t mean it’s not true in some cases however

- George Bernie Shaw

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 1:27 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Not sure why you think it’s “a conspiracy theory”.

Tylenol is a drug like any other and adverse effects are not abnormal.

The fact that it could cause autism if taken in pregnancy is not beyond possibility

The problem for the provers is the same as the scientists looking for autism drugs which is - which autism

The data on autism causation as opposed will always be problematic for as long as it’s under one label so will always be difficult to prove.

Doesn’t mean it’s not true in some cases however

Right now both that taking Tylenol during pregnancy causes autism and that companies are conspiring to withhold evidence proving causation are allegations. That does not mean it is not true but at this point it is a theory.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 1:32 pm

Can I have money now please? 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dvdz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2023, 5:50 pm

There's actually some substance to this lawsuit

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41574-021-00553-7