Autistic Jews, Tell me 'bout Judaism? Anti-Semitism?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

offa1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2023, 2:16 pm

Hi!

I'm offa1996 and I love everyone and everything though I'm still human and things hurt me.

Like anti semitism, which is even more stupid than jihadist terrorism.

Never the same. Always different. My mom says if they're equally stupid then they're equals. And they are NOT equal.

Anyways, I'm not Jewish let's let the cat escape it's confinement.

But today, I see time and time again, anti-semitism is on the news a lot more. I always watch the news. This post isn't just about anti semitism, but it's also about the wonders of the hearts minds and traditions of Jewish members of our community on Wrong planet.

To start,

I have lots of questions about Jews, that I would like to ask like, how was your home, growing up in such rich culture, such an identity you posses being a Jew has formed into part of what you have become today.

I also wanted to ask, about your faith and compare my religious spirituality to Jewish religious spirituality as I literally know next to nothing about Jewish people.

Well, if you're Jewish and want to share please post.

If you are or aren't Jewish but are knowledgeable on things concerning Jewish traditions and perceptions, please, post in.

I'm excited to get to know more about the Lord's chosen people.

He set them aside after all.

:?: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 10:22 pm

offa1996 wrote:
Hi!

I'm offa1996 and I love everyone and everything though I'm still human and things hurt me.

Like anti semitism, which is even more stupid than jihadist terrorism.

Never the same. Always different. My mom says if they're equally stupid then they're equals. And they are NOT equal.

Anyways, I'm not Jewish let's let the cat escape it's confinement.

But today, I see time and time again, anti-semitism is on the news a lot more. I always watch the news. This post isn't just about anti semitism, but it's also about the wonders of the hearts minds and traditions of Jewish members of our community on Wrong planet.

To start,

I have lots of questions about Jews, that I would like to ask like, how was your home, growing up in such rich culture, such an identity you posses being a Jew has formed into part of what you have become today.

I also wanted to ask, about your faith and compare my religious spirituality to Jewish religious spirituality as I literally know next to nothing about Jewish people.

Well, if you're Jewish and want to share please post.

If you are or aren't Jewish but are knowledgeable on things concerning Jewish traditions and perceptions, please, post in.

I'm excited to get to know more about the Lord's chosen people.

He set them aside after all.

:?: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :)

In our family the traditions and celebrations were and are more family bonding occasions then religious occasions.

Of course the spike in anti semitism is upsetting.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 6:52 am

My mother was Jewish in name only; she believed in some Buddhist precepts.

My father was Catholic, pretty much in name only.

I learned a lot about Judaism through reading history, and knowing some observant Jews.

Anti-Semitism is just as bad as Jihadism. Both can (and have) led to genocide.

There is a significant proportion of American Jews who are proud of their Jewish origins and culture, but who only superficially follow the religion, or don’t follow it at all. I am in that category. Many of them had ancestors who were victims of pogroms or other instances of discrimination against Jews.

I don’t believe Jews are “the chosen people.” But I am proud of being culturally Jewish.