How To Get A Girlfriend If You're An Autistic Man

Page 21 of 25 [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 2:32 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Nades wrote:
The issue I have is you seemed to have appeared on here and immediately made a snide jab to all the males on this thread belittling them for coming up with suggestions like working out (which makes people better looking obviously and gives them a hobby) while also telling them to improve their social skills knowing full well that autisitcs struggle with social skills and by nature of their lifelong developmental disorder, can't really do much to improve them. Certainly not the level of improvement that you're implying at by how *stubborn* you are with your comments.

It's blindingly obvious this isn't much of an option for many autistics so stop being so insulting about it when people bring up this obvious flaw in logic.

I say "I think" a lot too. You should get into the habit of saying it too. So what if I think that most people make most social progress by their 20? How is that controversial? I also wasn't even insisting this was the case, hence why I said I think.

First of all, not once have I made a single claim about my own social skills. At most, I said OTHER members here have good social skills. I have gone out of my way to avoid mention of my own level of social aptitude, one way or the other. It wouldn't matter if I did, you'd just claim I'm wrong, and don't actually have any. Lo and behold...

Second of all, even if I have them, I'm not obligated to use them. I ain't trying to be ya f*ckin friend here. Nor am I trying to win people over or be popular, at this particular moment in time. If I was, then I might turn the charm on. But for the time being, that is not my objective. Besides, while YOU might not like what I have to say, other members seem to agree to some extent, if not actually like what I have to say.

Third, EVEN IF I have bad social skills, at least I WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE that my lack of success is due to poor social skills, and don't feel compelled to blame "women" or "society" or even "muh autism" for it.

Also, surely you see the irony in calling someone else "stubborn", while desperately clinging to the idea that "autistic people just CAN'T have social skills!! !"

And...

Men in this thread: Someone please tell me how to get a girlfriend! I'll try anything!! !

Women in this thread: We like personality and humor! Have you tried working on those?

Men: *sigh* I guess there's nothing I can do...

Women: No but really, have you tried those?

Men: Looks like I better hit the gym and book a ticket to Thailand...

Women: P E R S O N A L I T Y...! ! !

Men: Are you saying I'm not "good enough"? How dare you! See? Women are all...

This is basically how you're reacting right now. Except instead of "women", you're aimed at me. Call it a "snide jab" all you want, but the shoe seems to fit. I say "personality", you say "looks!", I say "personality", you say "nothing can be done!", I say "PERSONALITY!", you say "how dare you!" - you're literally following the script I wrote.

If YOU have bad social skills, and YOU can't improve them, no matter what YOU do, that's YOUR situation, and YOUR problem. You don't need to drag ALL autistics down into the pit(y) of despair along with you.

Furthermore:

Nades wrote:
You only interact with the people here via the internet. You can't make much in a way of interpreting how they interact face to face.

And yet you feel confident determining that I don't, or can't, have social skills, under these same circumstances? C'mon now...

'Scuse me if men treating women like "things" pisses me off and makes me act less "social". Especially when these same men are trying to f*ck "date" the very women they talk so much s**t about.

"PLEASE AND KINDLY, good sirs and fine gentlemen, I cordially request that you do attempt to refrain from treating women like sex-meat."

Is that better?

I hear these sad sob stories all day long from guys who have tried nothing, and are "all out of ideas". Just look at the crap being said. One guy says it's impossible to appeal to women cos "every woman is different!" and "its impossible to know what they want", until someone mentions "hypergamy" in which case "all women are the same!" and "its obvious what they all want" - and in either case, it's the WOMEN's fault! For being so different, and similar, and for wanting all kinds of unknowable mystery things, or wanting specific things you're totally certain of like looks and cars and muscles! Meanwhile...

"Ill try anything to date a girl!"

Personality!

"EXCEPT THAT!! ! F**K YOU!! ! WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LIKE ME?!"

Excuses excuses excuses...

It's a mystery! :roll:

Bare in mind, you're the one who started to accuse me.of "making excuses" and insisting that I told others I have better social skills than them.

Where on earth did you get that from? All I mentioned was working out will probably be helpful for autistics and questioned why it wasn't the case when some members said it wasn't but I seen other, fitter men have more luck.

The only issue you have with me is that I'm an autistic man. If I was a woman saying such tame stuff you wouldn't have been so triggered. Likewise if I was an NT male again, you wouldn't have been so triggered.

You just come across as being a sexist arse at the moment.

Can I really not say that workong out helps without you popping off on one?

Obnoxious as f**k.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 2:38 am

r00tb33r wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Ten stars for uncommondenominator.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I like your personality.

Are you single? :wink:

Two shoes make a pair. :|

Indeed. He's shoving words in people's mouth to the point of bullying and she seems to enjoy what he's doing.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Jan 2023, 2:46 am

! magz wrote:
A reminder against personal attacks.

Miscommunications are something common here and most of them can be resolved.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 3:09 am

Doesn't seem it can be resolved. It's went from me saying autistic men hitting the gym helps and me questioning the ability of autistic men to improve their social skills to a decent extent......despite having sizable problems with social communication skills as part of an autism diagnosis to somehow being a sexist POS who treats women like "meat', and being "socially superior" to paraphrase.

Not unreasonable I would say but to one member here it makes me a pig supposedly

If there was a contest here as to how many words that can be shoved in anothers mouth and how many insinuations someone can make in the shortest number of posts, he just won.

He would have said nothing if I was a woman or NT man.

I think he knew exactly what he was saying.

As bad as some of the threads here can be from males, WP seems to have a serious sexism problem on from both sides.

Last edited by Nades on 31 Jan 2023, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 3:15 am

It's a wee bit ironic, yet again, the way you're accusing me of shoving words into people's mouths, as you unilaterally declare that I must not like you for being an autistic man, that I wouldn't be this way if you were a woman, or that I wouldn't be this way if you were NT.

I too am an autistic man, so that just seems weird. I have separate issues with the way some women behave, which are irrelevant to the discussion of men getting a girlfriend and are more related to said women getting a boyfriend - and more importantly do not apply to ALL women, or even most women, but merely some women. If you'd like to know what those issues are, you can always ask. But you don't ask questions - too busy making claims. And if you think I'd expect any less of NT men, or any other human being, you're sadly mistaken.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 3:17 am

It's a wee bit ironic, yet again, the way you're accusing me of shoving words into people's mouths, as you unilaterally declare that I must not like you for being an autistic man, that I wouldn't be this way if you were a woman, or that I wouldn't be this way if you were NT.

I too am an autistic man, so that just seems weird. I have separate issues with the way some women behave, which are irrelevant to the discussion of men getting a girlfriend and are more related to said women getting a boyfriend - and more importantly do not apply to ALL women, or even most women, but merely some women. If you'd like to know what those issues are, you can always ask. But you don't ask questions - too busy making claims. And if you think I'd expect any less of NT men, or any other human being, you're sadly mistaken.

You shoved plenty into my mouth. All I said was going to the gym makes people better looking and autisitcs are limited with their social skills regardless of how hard they try (which is true)

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 3:37 am

Nades wrote:

You shoved plenty into my mouth. All I said was going to the gym makes people better looking and autisitcs are limited with their social skills regardless of how hard they try (which is true)

And I think that sounds like an excuse to not even try, no matter how true it is.

Also, that is NOT "all you said". You said autistics CAN'T be as good with social skills as NT's are - which is a slap in the face to all the autistics here who do have good social skills (better than many NTs in some cases, just as good in many more) and worked really hard to gain those skills.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 3:38 am

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 3:40 am

Nades wrote:

And I think that sounds like an excuse to not even try, no matter how true it is.

Also, that is NOT "all you said". You said autistics CAN'T be as good with social skills as NT's are - which is a slap in the face to all the autistics here who do have good social skills (better than many NTs in some cases, just as good in many more) and worked really hard to gain those skills.

Well you need to look more into what an autism diagnosis entails.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 3:43 am

I too am an autistic man, so that just seems weird. I have separate issues with the way some women behave, which are irrelevant to the discussion of men getting a girlfriend and are more related to said women getting a boyfriend - and more importantly do not apply to ALL women, or even most women, but merely some women. If you'd like to know what those issues are, you can always ask.

What are these issues?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Jan 2023, 3:49 am

Nades wrote:

I thought you dislike the approach of "I am disabled, so I will just sit and do nothing about my life" quite strongly?

To be clear: I don't find the advice "to hit the gym" wrong, especially if it resulted in improving one's general health.
But one can't form a healthy relationship if they completely neglect building social skills. 1:1 social skills tend to be easier to autistics than big group social skills.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 4:15 am

magz wrote:
Nades wrote:

I thought you dislike the approach of "I am disabled, so I will just sit and do nothing about my life" quite strongly?

To be clear: I don't find the advice "to hit the gym" wrong, especially if it resulted in improving one's general health.
But one can't form a healthy relationship if they completely neglect building social skills. 1:1 social skills tend to be easier to autistics than big group social skills.

One does not negate the other, also you are acting as if gym consumes an entire day of the 24 hours. Workout should not make take more than one hour, and I don't think it should be more than 3 days a week. More than that it's excessive. I notice some members spend more time than that (they were there before I come and remain after I leave), but due to their socialization habits (ie. chitchat with other members, taking coffee in cafteria ...etc), which for autistic may be a good practice too, no?

I noticed there's a woman there who spends WAY too much time there (she's always there whenever I go, which can't be coincidence lol, ie if I go 4pm to 5pm, she's there, if I go to 5 to 6pm she's there too, even if I go anytime between 7 and 8pm she's there also ...*always* lol) but she's obviously hitting on the trainer, she chases him and literraly follows him wherever he goes even in their offices, so it's very obvious what's going on with her ;).

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 31 Jan 2023, 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Jan 2023, 4:23 am

Do I act as if gym consumes an entire day of the 24 hours?
Actually, before I twisted my ankle, I went to (climbing) gym twice a week - and once my ankle heals enough to put on climbing shoes again, I'm going back.
It's healthy and it's fun. Of course, real rocks would be better but they are unavailable within acceptably short commute.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 4:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Workout should not make take more than one hour, and I don't think it should be more than 3 days a week. More than that it's excessive.

You'd lay into Issy if they made a comment like that.

Working out more than three days a week is not excessive. It all depends on the kind of workouts one does. I agree they should not be lengthy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 4:29 am

magz wrote:
Do I act as if gym consumes an entire day of the 24 hours?

Yes, based on your previous reactions to this matter, you (and few other members) you did sound that you were assuming it's taking too much time to the extent it is risking to take time from over other stuff like improvements in other areas (ie. social skills). It should be simply treated like any other routine activity, like cooking and cleaning, not more than that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 4:31 am

Where_am_I wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Workout should not make take more than one hour, and I don't think it should be more than 3 days a week. More than that it's excessive.

You'd lay into Issy if they made a comment like that.

Working out more than three days a week is not excessive. It all depends on the kind of workouts one does. I agree they should not be lengthy.

Is Issy paying you to be her lawyer? :mrgreen: And why would I "lay into Issy" if she made a such reasonable comment.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 31 Jan 2023, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.