Well, this is awkward.. working for a con artist it seems.

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 12:08 pm

She still owes me $, but says $ is coming in next week and should be able to make final payment. I believe she will. As I suspected, my social connection to her son is what's going to get me paid - eventually - like 3 months late. Meanwhile she hasn't paid the electrician and he's put a lien on the house and I think is suing her. She won't care - she's been sued nearly 3 dozen times since the 1990's. Serial scammer.

Owner will likely sue her, win, but never get her money back. Will only really be able to put her on blast and warn others of her reputation/give negative reviews on various platforms. She's still going to be out tens of thousands of dollars, though, which is pretty awful for such an incredibly nice, smart, hard working woman. :/

Once others are all paid up, we'll return to complete her renovation. At least the rate I agreed to do my work there is Very Cheap for what I do. I had agreed to a low-ish wage when I was told it was a very low budget renovation And I needed a few weeks work at the time. I recently made 2.5x that hourly rate on another contract job, but w/e, I'll still return to finish this job relatively cheap and keep her total costs down as much as I reasonably can for my part.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 3:56 pm

Still haven't received my final payment. She did reply to a text last week, but not this weekend. Said she'd have money next week (this past week) - no payment. Will try phoning her today.

Client phoned me and let me know she's initiated legal proceedings to sue her, and that any subcontractors sill owed money will have to do the same to get paid and then pre-agree together who gets paid first/what order so that once judgements are made and the contractor starts making payments people slowly get paid.

I was surprised to learn that a lawyer looked into some past cases and apparently when she's lost judgements and been told to pay she's actually made payments and paid people. Seems like someone who lives their entire life on credit cards, only bigger - other peoples' money/fraud/scams, and then makes minimum payments when judges force her to.

Hoping I receive my final payment and don't have to file anything or sue her for the remaining balance. Such a waste of time.. plus the whole social conflict with her son etc.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 8:39 pm

Blah blah blah I'm listening to her tell me all kinds of lies and BS on the phone right now and just agreeing with her and being sympathetic to her nonsense.. at least some of it is interspersed with actual information about the industry in general. But I basically just have to put up with her bs until I finally get my last payment or two - hopefully she follows through and makes a payment next week and then a final one.

Blah blah blah bs lies about the client's financial situation and the whole project's finances etc etc. Now she's bullshitting about other projects and clients.. :roll: She breathes, she lies - like a trumpette of sorts.

Whatever- yadda yadda yadda - stfu and pay me my money. :roll: :roll: