Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 12:21 pm

Well, this is going to be a pointless thread but here we are. Growing up, hairdressers would always make me promise not to dye my hair - telling me that I should keep the colour. I never dyed my hair. Anyway, I knew that my hair going darker was pretty likely, especially with having brown eyes. My hair started out light brown, went blonde, now it's going back to light brown. Sometimes I see my reflection and wonder if I could even be considered blonde anymore. It's definitely been weird when I've seen myself and been struck by how much I'm turning into my aunt. Genetics are trippy. I like the colour it's turning though, and for the record - I'm still having fun. 8) :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 1:57 pm

My daughter and son were both tow headed when they were little.Now it’s more a light brown.My hair is almost black and my ex was a ginger.When son grows a beard ,it’s red.
Genetics are funny.
If you want natural highlights lemons juice and sun will lighten it.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 2:54 pm

I was never tow headed personally. The blonde I had was more of a strawberry blonde.

When I was born, I had light brown hair. It then grew blonde. A bright blonde, not the type that's close to white. More Rapunzel than Elsa.

Then it started to go darker. I went from a bright blonde to a dark blonde. In an unexpected turn of events, I developed some ginger strands and it went a little lighter again. Then it went darker once more. I remember people used to ask me what my hair colour is because they weren't sure. I'd always say dark strawberry blonde.

People used to argue over it. Now it's fading to a light brown, there's still an element of ginger in there though.

I have actually been considering dying it brown for a while now, but I never got round to it, so this actually works out nicely.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Mar 2023, 7:53 pm

At least light brown hair will turn blonde pretty easily (whether it's from being sun bleached or being chemically bleached). I'm saying this as a natural light brunette myself.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 11:59 am

Misslizard wrote:
My daughter and son were both tow headed when they were little.Now it’s more a light brown.My hair is almost black and my ex was a ginger.When son grows a beard ,it’s red.
Genetics are funny.
If you want natural highlights lemons juice and sun will lighten it.

It is indeed. I started off kind of strawberry blond before going blondish, then light brown and I think now I've got relatively dark brown hair. It's somewhat unclear where the red hair came from as my dad's oldest brother had red hair, and basically nobody else in the family.

I wonder how common the beard thing is as one of my friends has very dark hair, but his beard comes in red. My hair is relatively dark brown now, but my mustache is mostly blond.

Genes are indeed funny.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 8:40 am

A friend of mine described me as 'honey blonde'. A dark blonde with hues of red. That's accurate. I suspect it'll fade into a light auburn.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2023, 9:41 am

My head hair was a very light blond when I was very little but it gradually turned dark brown. However after I turned 30 I developed a couple grey hairs on my head every now & then. I am on a supplement to try & stop/slow that but I'm not sure how well it's helping. I still only have a couple grey hairs on my head every now & then but my beard hair has a bit of white in it. I find it ironic that after adults reach a certain age they start turning back into kids :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition