Not wanting to date people in your own league!

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 10:56 am

Jamesy wrote:

I was told you can have a body like Baywatch but a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp

Thats true, but a good body always mitigates against a unlucky face whether male or female.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 11:00 am

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I was told you can have a body like Baywatch but a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp

Thats true, but a good body always mitigates against a unlucky face whether male or female.

I get the impression that if your under average height you can’t develop what society views as a ‘good body’ correct me if I am wrong.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 11:02 am

Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I get the impression that if your under average height you can’t develop what society views as a ‘good body’ correct me if I am wrong.

Nope. A guy in work was about 5 foot 5 but married and had a kid with a very pretty solicitor 7 years his junior but he was enormous (muscle wise) and worked out at the gym for hours every single day.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 11:11 am

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Nope. A guy in work was about 5 foot 5 but married and had a kid with a very pretty solicitor 7 years his junior but he was enormous (muscle wise) and worked out at the gym for hours every single day.

Ok fair enough you got me there :)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 6:13 pm

Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'm not sure leagues exist,

Believe me, for the MAJORITY, there is.
Simple observation will verify this.

Agree. I see this all the time in work. Being noticeably ripped seems to increase the number of women these ripped men get tenfold.

I am surprised this is even being debated.
I think ppl need to get out more or add another 30 years of experience to their lifeline.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 6:15 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Agree. I see this all the time in work. Being noticeably ripped seems to increase the number of women these ripped men get tenfold.

Does physique play a large part in attractiveness?

Initially, in general, yes, imco.
Later on, personality is of primary importance in a long-term relationship, rather than "a quicky".

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 12:02 am

The concept of "leagues" in relationships is over-simplistic to the point of stupidity. No person is defined by just one factor, and no one factor is responsible for attraction. No doubt the OP, seeing a photo of me with my partner, would consider her far out of my "league". Fortunately, real life isn't 2-dimensional.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 1:00 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
The concept of "leagues" in relationships is over-simplistic to the point of stupidity. No person is defined by just one factor, and no one factor is responsible for attraction. No doubt the OP, seeing a photo of me with my partner, would consider her far out of my "league". Fortunately, real life isn't 2-dimensional.

I don't think anyone is saying everyone only finds a partner in their physical league.
(My partner is out of my league, also.)
It is simply a perceivable trend that can be seen through simple observation.

Think in terms of a series of bar graphs.
The MAJORITY do seem to find partners in their own "league".

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 3:07 am

Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I am surprised this is even being debated.
I think ppl need to get out more or add another 30 years of experience to their lifeline.

Being around large numbers of varied people makes for some interesting observation. Work is where I make most of my observations.

There is always something to debate here too. It's important as autistics to get a feel for the general trends everyone around them follows as chances are, we won't make the correct assumptions on the count we're autistic.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 12:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
Benjamin the Donkey wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying everyone only finds a partner in their physical league.
(My partner is out of my league, also.)
It is simply a perceivable trend that can be seen through simple observation.

Think in terms of a series of bar graphs.
The MAJORITY do seem to find partners in their own "league".

Much research in social psychology does support this. It is called the "Matching Hypothesis." Most people end up marrying or in long term relationships with people who are at a similar level of attractiveness to them.